“Did the solo kayak trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Anfibios

Anfibios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Schools International (SSI) and PADI Scuba Diving Center and watersports in Ibiza. Open all year round, thanks to the mild weather on the island. We offer all scuba diving courses from beginners (Discover Scuba Diver) to Instructor. Our special intro div program consist Windsurfing FOR BEGINNERS, kayaking and Stand Up Paddle, offering excursions for all levels. Amenities include outside lounge area, computer access, classroom, photography and filming services available, changing rooms with showers.Scuba diving gear: full equipment for 20 divers, area for equipment cleaning and storage, tank charging station, 2 rib boats, underwater cameras and underwater computers. Kayaking equipment: single and double open sea kayaks for 35 people, lifejackets, wetsuits, water-proof tanks, support speedboat (for groups). paddle surf boards (SUP). Adventure packs. Sunset experiences. Activities for team building
Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Did the solo kayak trip”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely the best thing I did in Ibiza. It cost me 40 euro, and it was just myself and the guide Yamila (hope I spelled that right!). I emailed them from their website, and asked a few questions. Yamila quickly replied in full and great detail! I did my booking and asked another question, and it was the same. Very informative and I was booked in, easy as that! The place would have been tough to find if it wasn't for her helpful directions! Anyway, once I was there I found out that it was family owned and run, and everyone there was beyond friendly. I gladly paid my 40 euros, and off we went! The best part was how I was literally the one in control. If you want to stop and swim or snorkel, you do it! It's all your call! Once we got to the underwater cave, my breath was gone. Such an amazing thing to do, and it was A pretty sketchy feeling being under there! Being a river kayaker myself, this was definitely a thrill of sea kayaking. We later stopped on a small but nice rock beach, and then snorkeled on the way back. I can't suggest this more highly, it exceeded my expectations, and I easily would have paid 80 euros for it! Very amazing 2 hours, thank you very much and best of luck to you!

2 Thank Spenny C
Anfibios I, Gerente at Anfibios, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank youSpenny for your comment! We're very happy to see that you enjoyed yourself with sea kayaking. Next time we'll make sure to charge you 80€ instead of 40€! Hope to see you soon again, and good luck with your travels ;)

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving/Snorkelling with a great bunch of fun people!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

On my last morning in Ibiza, I decided to go scuba-diving. All preliminary results showed up places in San Antonio (the touristy part of Ibiza) - however, I was staying at Playa D'en Bossa, which is the more relaxed (and much nicer, IMO) part of town. A few searches led me to Anfibios diving school, and I decided to go there (primarily because of the two good reviews I read on this very site) - was a 5 min walk from where I was staying (took me longer because they are almost impossible to see from the main road, even though they are almost right next to Bora Bora - I had to walk along the beach when I finally saw a PADI sign). It was quite late by the time I reached for me to dive with them (just 20 mins to go for the last dive of the day, so I wouldn't have been able to complete the pre-dive training) - however, they agreed to take me along with them for snorkelling. I informed them then that I couldn't swim (!), and the "big boss" himself, Jaume, said he will accompany me and I'll be fine. What I loved initially was the fact that I was a little tired/thirsty searching for the place in the afternoon sun - they voluntarily gave me a muesli bar and a coke (thanks Yamila)! I was very impressed by the family kind of vibe at the place.

The snorkelling itself turned out to be a fantastic experience - we went snorkelling close to some rocks about a km out in the sea (where we saw some sea-penguins on the way), and it started off with Jaume explaining the basic movements in water to me. Within a few mins, I was going along like I had been doing it all my life (the occasional sea-water-in-the-mouth moment notwithstanding). Jaume (and his daughter) had cameras along, and they took some fantastic pictures throughout.

To summarize, it was one of my best experiences in Ibiza (I personally enjoyed it just as much as the wild partying in Pacha/Space, if not more) - if you are reading this, don't hesitate to go for it. I will definitely return to this place the next time I go to Ibiza.

Tip: Check with them for the schedule of any given day, as they might be doing deep-sea dives on some days.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Anupam J
Anfibios I, Gerente at Anfibios, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you AJ for your great review, we enjoyed your company very much and will gladly see you again for Scuba diving next time! The whole Anfibios family wishes you all the best :)
Wiesbaden
“Learning diving in a family-like atmosphere”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

It was just a spontaneous idea and turned out to be an exciting and unforgettable holiday experience. Nicky and Jaume, and all of the team, are very professional and led me to the world of diving with patience, and in a family-like atmosphere. For all interested in trying to dive I can only recommend to choose Anfibios. Again many thanks also for the great underwater pics.

Visited July 2012
Brussels, Belgium
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I never thought diving would be exciting in Ibiza, until Anfibios showed me. Owners and instructors Jaume and Nicole took us diving off the coast of Playa d'en Bossa. The rock formations are home to some great aquatic life - who would have thought!? I was sold and ended up going a few times during my trip and rented some surf equipment through them as well. My husband ended up doing an Open Water PADI and he really enjoyed it. The equipment is well looked after, the course fantastic & fun, pre-drive safety instructions incredibly thorough and the price excellent value for money. Jaume was born and raised on the island which makes a big difference - he knows the island inside out and his team is great.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank sanjacq
Anfibios I, Gerente at Anfibios, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you guys for "initiating" us in TripAdvisor, it has proven to be tremendously helpful. We hope to see you both very soon again underwater! We wish you all the best.