“Such generosity of spirit”
Review of Heron Point

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochboisdale
Heron Point
Ranked #1 of 5 Lochboisdale B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Such generosity of spirit”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just the very best of bed & breakfast experiences. For our next visit to the Western Isles, whenever that is, we'll be basing ourselves at Heron Point. With interesting life stories of their own, the Western Isles definitely gained when Andy & Jan relocated to Lochboisdale. The accommodation is first class and breakfasts a real treat of variety and quality.

If you want your holiday arranging for you, I'm sure Andy could do that too ....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Manchester
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying here while visiting the Hebrides. A warmer welcome you could not have. This is a dog friendly B&B so we were worried it may be a little too doggy for us as we do not have one. However this couldn't be further from the truth there is absolutely no dog smell and the rooms are immaculate and of high quality. This would be our first choice next time we are up North. Highly recommended to anyone with dogs or without.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Liz-Al01
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our family of 5 spent three nights with Andy and Jan at the end of August. We arrived with a certain sense of trepidation - 3 boys in a bed and breakfast for 3 nights (not always the most relaxing of propositions) - but left as friends having all thoroughly enjoyed the Heron Point experience.

The extent of the welcome and the facilities cannot be rivalled - Andy and Jan went completely out of their way to make us at home and the two upstairs rooms lend themselves perfectly to a family staying. The food was a highlight. As was the local knowledge imparted, leading us to see South Uist at its best. But above all it was the relaxed yet attentive approach that totally won us over - thank you Andy and Jan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BrandlingSally
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

What a welcome!!!! We were swept in to this beautiful house by the most amazingly welcoming man, Andy, we were knocked off our feet with the hospitality. We were given cups of tea and shown around the whole of the house. We were given information on the area, the best places to visit, where the wildlife is best seen. We were then advised of the best place to have an evening meal and Andy booked the table for us. Returning from our meal we were given a glass of wine and nibbles in the exceptionally comfortable lounge and my husband had a pleasant end to the day in conversation with Andy and another guest whilst I had a leisurely shower and climbed into bed to nibble on my chocolate left on my pillow. The room was outstandingly comfortable, clean and warm and with plenty of room. The breakfast was to die for!!! Andy even gave us two packs of frozen lamb chops as we were going on to self catering for the rest of our holiday!! ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING - and this place is for real no kidding! This was the best b n b we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann-Marie G
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Quite simply the best B&B we have ever experienced. We spent 2 nights with Andy & Jan in August. Our family of 5 plus the dog were in real need of some TLC in the middle of a slightly soggy trek around the Outer Hebridean islands. Andy didn't disappoint. Heron Point is like a perfectly appointed home, with every creature comfort catered for. Andy treated us like long lost relatives, tending to our every need, feeding us with fantastic food until we were fit to burst, helping us to organise our days and evenings out. Nothing was ever too much trouble, and it's fair to say Andy is an exponent of the 'above and beyond' approach to customer service! I hesitate to provide any further details on how far he went to make our stay so perfect, for fear of raising the expectations of future guests. it's hard to imagine that Andy could be so hospitable and accommodating for all his guests, but a quick scan of other reviews suggests otherwise! Heron Point is a wonderful sanctuary and oasis which sets new standards in the "Home From Home" -style of B&B accommodation. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom-Tracey H
Dronfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at Heron Point in August this year for one night only and what an experience.
Andy is the ultimate host and fantastic cook, I have never had smoked Salmon with poached eggs for breakfast in my life, it was superb. I was torn between the full Scottish though as that looked equally as appertising.
The house and the rooms are spotless which is a credit to both Andy and his wife Jan.
Nothing is too much trouble.
We will stay here next time without a doubt.
Thanks Andy and Jan
Dave and Christine Torr, Derbyshire.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave T
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My owner, Donald, and I spent 3 nights at Andy and Jan's excellent home from home at Heron Point.
I was anticipating spending the nights outside in the car while Donald luxuriated in the superior accommodation in the house but to my delight Andy insisted that I accompany Donald in his room where I slept at the foot of his bed. Andy even provided two biscuits for me each night before I retired and I had a cooked sausage each morning before we left the house!
We were particularly lucky as the house was supposed to be closed for 2 evenings to allow Andy and Jan some time off but they were more than happy to take us in as we had nowhere else booked near the local hotel - the Pollochar Inn where Donald was engaged in a Land Court case (and in which he enjoyed an excellent dinner on the eve of his appearance. (It was Margaret, one of the hotel owners, who referred us to Andy and Jan and I should also mention that there is also a terrific fish and chip shop at Burnside on the road between Heron Point and the Pollochar).
Donald says Heron Point was the best accommodation he has stayed in during more than twenty years of business travelling throughout Scotland. I liked it so much I could have stayed; however Andy and Jan already have three other dogs (and two cats who I did not get a chance to chase round the garden - this time).
I hope Donald takes me back soon without any paws for thought...

Ria

Room Tip: All rooms, which were shown to us, were superbly appointed and immaculate.