“Would have been nice but for the dog hair in the food!”
Review of Wireless Cottage

Wireless Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochboisdale
Wireless Cottage
Ranked #3 of 5 Lochboisdale B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Would have been nice but for the dog hair in the food!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This B&B has so much potential and the owners are lovely. However, they have three rough collies, all elderly dogs which are mostly inside and kept in the owners' bedroom at night, door slightly open. The entire house reeks. While this is bad enough, finding dog hair in your eggs and in the butter at breakfast is simply disgusting. I am very sorry to have to give such a negative review, but I am glad we only stayed there for one night. A real shame.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mairi M
wirelesscottage, Owner at Wireless Cottage, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
What a terrible review and a shock to read.
Sad thing is I do not remember you or when you stayed in our home.
Why? Why did you not tell me there was a problem?

I am very hurt and upset to read what you have put on here.
My dogs should not be an issue to guests they live in our sitting room with us away from guests.
They do not go into guest’s bedrooms, the kitchen or the guests lounge.
The breakfast is in no way in contact with my dogs, I wear clean clothes to attend to guests.
I always ask if guests are happy as I would have asked you. I ask if the breakfast is alright.
I do not remember anyone saying there was a problem, but you write a damming review like this how sad and upsetting. Given the chance I would have tried to put things right but you did not say there was a problem.
I am sorry if you do not like dogs I do try to keep them separate to guests.
Not sure how you knew where I sleep as I never invited anyone into my private rooms.
Lastly how do you know it was a dog hair?

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Forres, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had a fantastic stay. From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, I felt so welcomed and very comfortable. Mary is one of those lovely people who goes the extra mile. Tea and cake on arrival. A very nice room, good facilities and a nice lounge to relax while reading, watching tv or socialising with fellow guests. I really didn't want to leave. A two minute walk from the ferry making it a perfectly situated establishment for arrival and departure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at Wireless Cottage for the last night of our cycling holiday, and were made to feel very welcome and catered during our stay. The twin room was large and well furnished, the comfortable beds meant we each got a good night's sleep. Mary recommended the Lochboisdale Hotel for dinner where we enjoyed a fine meal just down the road, and the breakfast in the morning was definitely worth it!

The only minor things were that the room was a little cold during the evening, and the shower was quite difficult to use and not that hot, so we were left feeling a little chilly at times.

Other than that a great stay in an historic cottage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
london
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the wiireless cottage recently whilst cycling with a friend. We arrived soaking wet from a days cycling in the rain. The owner Mary immediately made us feel welcome and helped us put our bikes under cover in the garden. She then proceeded to show us the room and made us a welcome with tea and cake. The B+B was comfortable and warm, great big bathroom and the front TV room was nicely decorated and made available for our use. The full cooked breakfast in the morning was great. B+B walking distance from ferry and hotel for evening meal. All in all - great B+B at a good price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Friendly B&B in a good location. The cottage has an interesting history relating to early telecommunications. Good value. Not en suite but has large bathroom. Nearby Lochboisdale Hotel can provide good quality bar/restaurant dinners, also Wifi. N. B. Wireless Cotttage is not listed by VisitScotland (the misnamed and somewhat dysfunctional national tourism body).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skakagrall
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Just a short walk up the road from the Lochboisdale ferry lies the Wireless Cottage. Cottage sounds small but it is very Tardis like - complete with own TV lounge and breakfast area for guests. We called for our reservation and spoke to Steve on the phone, we sent a £10.00 cheque to reserve our rooms.

We arrived at 10:20 pm and walked up the road - where Mary met us coming down the road with a warm greeting. Our room was fairly large with a double bed and a single. It would be perfect for a family. The bathroom next door was very large and had a shower cubicle plus a large bathtub. The shower had great water pressure and was certainly warm enough. We had lost our shampoo along the way and there was a small basket of various shampoos and conditioners to use. Very convenient.

The duvet was large and puffy and the bed comfortable. There were also tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Everything was nice and clean and we appreciated it. Considering that Wireless Cottage is on the road to the ferry we never heard any road noise as the front garden does set it quite a bit back from the road - also the house is quite tight and draft free.

The TV lounge which is also the breakfast room has very good natural light and comfortable seating on various couches and chairs. This B&B is close to the Pier, the Royal Bank of Scotland is just down the road a bit as is the Tourist Information Office. We stayed two different nights as we had an early ferry the next morning. Mary got up before us and breakfast was all ready. She is very organized and had us pick our brekkies the evening before. I really enjoyed her sausages - they were grilled quite nicely - something most B&Bs don't do.

Mary and Steve were both very pleasant and helped me find landline numbers for my friends when I couldn't get my mobile to work - Mary herself is very interesting and has some great stories. We enjoyed our time there - she has good recommendations on where to see wildlife. We would stay again and thought this was a very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SartreLives
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We could not have been made more welcome here. The owner was extremely friendly - and the rooms were immaculate.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Duncan G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochboisdale
Polochar Inn
#3 of 10 in Dunvegan
Brae View B&B
Brae View B&B
#2 of 5 in Glendale

Been to Wireless Cottage? Share your experiences!