“Location, Location, Location”
Review of Wireless Cottage

Wireless Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochboisdale
Wireless Cottage
Ranked #3 of 5 Lochboisdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Just a short walk up the road from the Lochboisdale ferry lies the Wireless Cottage. Cottage sounds small but it is very Tardis like - complete with own TV lounge and breakfast area for guests. We called for our reservation and spoke to Steve on the phone, we sent a £10.00 cheque to reserve our rooms.

We arrived at 10:20 pm and walked up the road - where Mary met us coming down the road with a warm greeting. Our room was fairly large with a double bed and a single. It would be perfect for a family. The bathroom next door was very large and had a shower cubicle plus a large bathtub. The shower had great water pressure and was certainly warm enough. We had lost our shampoo along the way and there was a small basket of various shampoos and conditioners to use. Very convenient.

The duvet was large and puffy and the bed comfortable. There were also tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Everything was nice and clean and we appreciated it. Considering that Wireless Cottage is on the road to the ferry we never heard any road noise as the front garden does set it quite a bit back from the road - also the house is quite tight and draft free.

The TV lounge which is also the breakfast room has very good natural light and comfortable seating on various couches and chairs. This B&B is close to the Pier, the Royal Bank of Scotland is just down the road a bit as is the Tourist Information Office. We stayed two different nights as we had an early ferry the next morning. Mary got up before us and breakfast was all ready. She is very organized and had us pick our brekkies the evening before. I really enjoyed her sausages - they were grilled quite nicely - something most B&Bs don't do.

Mary and Steve were both very pleasant and helped me find landline numbers for my friends when I couldn't get my mobile to work - Mary herself is very interesting and has some great stories. We enjoyed our time there - she has good recommendations on where to see wildlife. We would stay again and thought this was a very good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SartreLives

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We could not have been made more welcome here. The owner was extremely friendly - and the rooms were immaculate.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Duncan G
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Arrived late at at night off the afternoon ferry from Oban and were met by the friendly owners. Coffee and cake was most welcome after the journey in gale force winds.
A fantastic breakfast set us up for the day ahead.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank raff40035
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We came late, two Swedish couples, and were wonderfully taken care of, served with an evening tea and great hospitality. Nice and quiet, decorated with a lot of care and charm, carefully designed details. A great breakfast! And S Uist was a new and exiting experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard189894
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is my third or fourth year that I stayed at the Wireless Cottage. I always go to a music school in South Uist the first week in July and every year I already book my place in the Wireless Cottage for the next year. The owners are unbelievably friendly and kind, the place is lovely and clean and every year we are made to feel very welcome. I would recommend the Wireless Cottage to everybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank MachairOrchid
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Arrival: me and my friend asked the owners whether they were happy to host us with our two small boys, one just 2, the other 2 and a half years old. YES, definitely, we like children. We asked them to confirm and suggested to put away fragile items from their reach. ALL NO PROBLEM at all. Once we had moved into our room and used the living room for eating, kids running round etc the owners got very worried and came round to check every other minute. However, we slept very well, had breakfast, again, with the owners checking every moment the kids were a bit louder and left for a long day out, actually going to the fabulous beaches in North Uist.
We returned around 6:30 pm and were about to eat when the owners came round and said that they could not cope with our children and that we had to move out immediately. In fact, even worse, they insulted us to be irresponsible and non capable mothers and that they never had seen so terrible children. Fair to say they gave us back the money for the night. We packed our half eaten dinner, poured out half glasses of drinks, packed our stuff and went - back on the road, at 7:40pm, 2 mums with two children under 3.
By the way, I am Austrian and a senior UK government employee and my friend is a University professor in Barcelona. We both aim to be good mothers and think that our children are just normal, playing with each other, having fun and doing ok.
B&B owners should make up their mind about their client market before agreeing to host whoever!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 2011cristina
wirelesscottage, Owner at Wireless Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Children have always been welcome to stay at our bed and breakfast and we have enjoyed having them.
As always children are not a problem only parental guidance.
One mother who's I am responding to, agreed she would not like to stay at my bed and breakfast with the two children running amock as they were.
My sitting room/ dining room was taken over on an evening in picnic fashion, card board boxes in the window and their food laid out within the room.
As to the comments of not being able to cope I felt I was very tollerant to the two mothers who kept us wake until 11.30 pm the first night with one child running and screaming.
The next evening was starting to be a repeat of the night before and I asked them to depart at 18.20. I was locked out of my sitting room when I heard a loud crash. They did not leave until 19.35 when they! were ready.

I felt I was reasonable towards the two mothers and asked them to control the children and was told they could not. They did not confine them to their bedroom but ran throught the house constantly.
We are a bed and breakfast not a bunk house nor a hotel.
Fortunately we did not have any other guests in at the same time which would have caused stress and unpleasentness to them.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I am writing on behalf of my friend and myself. We both highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. We were made to feel very welcome by the owners who could not do enough for you. The spacious rooms were very clean and well funished. We had a lovely lounge to ourselves where cups of tea and buns were the norm! The breakfast was super and set us up for the day. There was plenty of secure off road parking at the rear. We would not hesitate in returning to Wireless cottage if we are in the locality again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelbug183

Been to Wireless Cottage? Share your experiences!