“Great, in all the details!”
Review of Wireless Cottage

Wireless Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochboisdale
Wireless Cottage
Ranked #3 of 5 Lochboisdale B&B and Inns
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great, in all the details!”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We came late, two Swedish couples, and were wonderfully taken care of, served with an evening tea and great hospitality. Nice and quiet, decorated with a lot of care and charm, carefully designed details. A great breakfast! And S Uist was a new and exiting experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard189894

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is my third or fourth year that I stayed at the Wireless Cottage. I always go to a music school in South Uist the first week in July and every year I already book my place in the Wireless Cottage for the next year. The owners are unbelievably friendly and kind, the place is lovely and clean and every year we are made to feel very welcome. I would recommend the Wireless Cottage to everybody.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank MachairOrchid
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Arrival: me and my friend asked the owners whether they were happy to host us with our two small boys, one just 2, the other 2 and a half years old. YES, definitely, we like children. We asked them to confirm and suggested to put away fragile items from their reach. ALL NO PROBLEM at all. Once we had moved into our room and used the living room for eating, kids running round etc the owners got very worried and came round to check every other minute. However, we slept very well, had breakfast, again, with the owners checking every moment the kids were a bit louder and left for a long day out, actually going to the fabulous beaches in North Uist.
We returned around 6:30 pm and were about to eat when the owners came round and said that they could not cope with our children and that we had to move out immediately. In fact, even worse, they insulted us to be irresponsible and non capable mothers and that they never had seen so terrible children. Fair to say they gave us back the money for the night. We packed our half eaten dinner, poured out half glasses of drinks, packed our stuff and went - back on the road, at 7:40pm, 2 mums with two children under 3.
By the way, I am Austrian and a senior UK government employee and my friend is a University professor in Barcelona. We both aim to be good mothers and think that our children are just normal, playing with each other, having fun and doing ok.
B&B owners should make up their mind about their client market before agreeing to host whoever!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank 2011cristina
wirelesscottage, Owner at Wireless Cottage, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Children have always been welcome to stay at our bed and breakfast and we have enjoyed having them.
As always children are not a problem only parental guidance.
One mother who's I am responding to, agreed she would not like to stay at my bed and breakfast with the two children running amock as they were.
My sitting room/ dining room was taken over on an evening in picnic fashion, card board boxes in the window and their food laid out within the room.
As to the comments of not being able to cope I felt I was very tollerant to the two mothers who kept us wake until 11.30 pm the first night with one child running and screaming.
The next evening was starting to be a repeat of the night before and I asked them to depart at 18.20. I was locked out of my sitting room when I heard a loud crash. They did not leave until 19.35 when they! were ready.

I felt I was reasonable towards the two mothers and asked them to control the children and was told they could not. They did not confine them to their bedroom but ran throught the house constantly.
We are a bed and breakfast not a bunk house nor a hotel.
Fortunately we did not have any other guests in at the same time which would have caused stress and unpleasentness to them.
Yorkshire
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I am writing on behalf of my friend and myself. We both highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. We were made to feel very welcome by the owners who could not do enough for you. The spacious rooms were very clean and well funished. We had a lovely lounge to ourselves where cups of tea and buns were the norm! The breakfast was super and set us up for the day. There was plenty of secure off road parking at the rear. We would not hesitate in returning to Wireless cottage if we are in the locality again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelbug183
UK
Reviewed August 15, 2009

A lovely homely B&B. Cheap, comfortable and welcoming made that much better by the lovely owner Mary. We were welcomed at 9pm from the long ferry crossing with tea and cake and a smile. Lovely homely atmosphere. Shared bathroom with good shower!
Bed so comfortable it improved my back pain! Will definately visit again. We recommended this to others as we travelled around the Outer Hebrides. Wished we had stayed for longer and not moved to other B&Bs, which were ok but just didnt have that welcoming feeling. Didnt feel in the way here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K8ixx
Stornoway, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Mostly in a good way. Friendly owners and dogs, comfortable bed. We were a little scared by the masses of stuffed animals at first, but the stay was overall good. Shared bathroom and no tv in the room but its cheap and doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adelle123

Been to Wireless Cottage? Share your experiences!