My daughter and I have just returned from a fabulous 3 night holiday. We had a great time, as the location of the holiday park was great for getting out and about and exploring the surrounding areas. When booking, I was told that we would be upgraded into a better caravan as the manageress forgot to phone us back. I'm so glad we did get upgraded as I dread to think what the original caravan would have been like.
We needed to find somewhere that would except our two dogs and can understand that nobody would want to give us a really good conditioned caravan, however, the condition of the caravan that we stayed in was appalling. It was filthy dirty, I had to clean the sink before we could wash in it, it had cobwebs in every room. We were given a three bedroom caravan but supplied with only one set of bedding which were very very thin and torn, I did request more but we weren't given them, this meant that we then had to sleep together.
The gas fire didn't light and not being smokers we didn't have any matches or a lighter so had to burn paper to light the fire. I really felt that we were being punished for having dogs with us, dogs are invited into certain caravans but there isn't even any dog waste bins onsite?
All in all, our holiday was fantastic because we made it so good ourselves, but as for this caravan park I really don't think it's worth a visit apart from the location as it's on a pretty river within woodland area. We paid £270 for a three night stay, we could have found somewhere much nicer than this, I was so disappointed.
As for Bethesda itself, there is not a lot there but it's good for a base to travel from. You do have a few takeaways there and a Tesco Express which is really handy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated by the beautiful river of the same name, Ogwen Bank Caravan Park is a family-operated business which has been providing excellent specialty lodging for many years. Live entertainment, fishing and fun-filled activity days out are a few of the attractions when you stay at Ogwen with the Olde World Country Club in the heart of the park being the perfect retreat for guests. With lodges for sale & hire and with holiday homes to catch your attention too, be sure to contact us for your perfect break in Snowdonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ogwen Bank Caravan Park And Country Club Hotel Bethesda
- Ogwen Bank Caravan Park And Country Club Bethesda, Wales, United Kingdom