“Beautiful Find with a view”

Ristorante Borgo Antico
Ranked #63 of 125 Restaurants in Grottammare
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

On our trip we stumbled upon this restaurant. First off. I do not speak a word of Italian but my husband and in laws do. We where the only people in the place. The owner was the only staff on duty at the time of our meal. I don't even know where to start. After being in rome and the food being over priced and average this was a hidden gem. The food came out family style and it was amazing. Amazing is an understatement. The food was coming out in perfect timing and plentifully. Everything was fresh and even beautiful on the plates. The chef was very attentive and made sure we enjoyed all. He keep our water full & wine. Enjoyed everything single thing about this place. If I had to pick one place to eat at in Italy. This would it. I couldn't have been happier with this place. Either could my husband (who is a chef himself) or in laws. It's a must try !!!!!

Date of visit: February 2014

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Many have already written: the food is delicious, the view is amazing. I went with a very active toddler and the staff was beyond helpful in speed and charme towards him. The only sour point is the owner who does not seem to enjoy facing the public. A pity really. I would go back.

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank Bee212
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I have a house in Italy and eat at many restaurants during July/August. We know what you should expect and what else is available in this area. This place draws you to it because of the wonderful location (stunning sea views) and the white linen set against old stonework. Sadly that is where the good news ends. My daughter ordered in clear Italian and got a discouraging lecture on pronunciation. The food was stodgy and presented badly and we had to wait a long time for it. My melanzane parmigiana looked and tasted dreadful. When I sent back my tagliata (all fat & gristle piled up like a plate of spaghetti) the head waiter insisted I have another one, despite the fact that my wife had already shared her filetto with me. I had to go into the restaurant to insist he did not recreate the dish. Even our two coffees were served badly (cafe macchiato served like cappuccino). The only thing to their credit was they refunded my meal. When I settled the bill, there was however no hint of an apology.

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank Simon C
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We found the Borgo Antico by coincidence and were very pleased with the food, wine, terrific view and great service provided. We had really good antipasti - salami, ham and various cheese - and an extraordinary pasta. By the way; they probably have the bathroom with the best view in Italy :-)

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was unforgettable romantic dinner in romantic place with open space and beautiful view. The food was perfect , fresh and delicious. And I was amazed of magic italian sweets in the end!!! Dear owners, thank you very much!!! Hope to see you soon )))

Date of visit: August 2012