“Better than basic and a comfortable night”
Review of R&R Inn and Suites

R&R Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Camrose B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Clean rooms, both inside and outside access, very , very good selection for . We had stayed here before and were pleasantly surprised with improvements.The option of inside and outside access on the lower floor is nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Howard W

Reviewed August 22, 2012

When i checked into the Inn, the price was lower than the surrounding hotels, so naturally i assumed the rooms would be proportional to the price. To my surprise, the room was more than i had hoped for. The room i stayed in was very clean, had a "new" look to it (i assume it was renovated fairly recently), and foam bed was wonderful. I also enjoyed the complementary breakfast, which included waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, and the basics. The staff was also very friendly.

Personally i would stay here again, it was a great stay for a great price.

Nice work R&R Inn!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Mark T
Reviewed August 1, 2012

When I arrived the Inn, the friendly staff greeted me and made me feel very welcomed. I stayed for couple nights at the junior suite, which was very reasonably priced. The room was very clean and had the modern appeal to it which I liked because it made me feel as though I was at home in my bedroom. The parking spot had plenty of space therefore parking my mini van was not an issue. The breakfast was probably the best breakfast I’ve had in awhile. I had very little expectation as the breakfast was complementarity, but the fresh cut fruits in variety of choices with the muffins and the waffles made the stay at the R&R Inn worth every penny! I will definitely be staying at R&R again when I’m driving back to Vancouver, BC.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank J H
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed there 5 nights for work and couldn't wait to get out. The hallways smelled of smoke, the stairwell of urine and the rooms of mold. The carpets were stained and bathrooms were old and shabby, with the sink outside of the bathroom in a few of our crews' rooms. The beds were difficult for the crew to sleep on and lumpy pillows did not make it any easier.

There are NO ELEVATORS in this hotel, and we had several hundred pounds of equipment to carry to and from our rooms (on the second floor... up two flights of stairs) every day. It did not feel like a clean or incredibly safe place to stay.

Two good points: fresh fruit for breakfast, and the location wasn't bad; near to a large shopping area.

Room Tip: The executive suite may be the only room worth staying in, due to the jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank A N
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great little Inn. Very clean. Good sized rooms. We stayed in a smoking room and you would have never known it. The room had no odor at all. Beds have a 8 inch foam on the top which was comfortable. I had read in other reviews that the beds were quite hard. It looks like they have tried to address that issue. Bathroom is rather small, but it is, afterall, a bathroom. You are hopefully not going to be spending your stay in there. Rooms are a good size. Very quiet. The price is definately right. If you want to stay at a "fancier" location, you can pay the extra $, but the rooms here are just fine. The decor is dated, but again clean. We stayed in a Jr Suite with two queen beds. The teenagers enjoyed the breakfast. Just your basic fair, cereals, waffles, muffins and fruit. Friendly staff. Overall it was a good night with a great price tag.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank SportsMomAlberta
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is not the fanciest place ever, but it was very clean and quiet!!!
I wouldn't pay the price of the other places in town when the best place is one of the least expensive!
I will stay at the R&R again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank NatSchiebs
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We've stayed in Camrose multiple times in different places. Essentially the cost to stay at the R&R is in between what it costs to stay at the Camrose Motel/Traveller's Inn and the cost of the Ramada/Super 8 and you get what you pay for. We found the staff great, the rooms were very clean and well-outfitted with microwave/fridge/t.v./hair dryer/coffee maker, etc. The size of the bathroom is about 6'x5', so you don't really need to lock the bathroom door as your knees prevent someone else from opening it. It's not really a negative thing per se, unless you need room to move around - and it is a good topic for conversation. The continental breakfast was just fine - nothing fancy - but it was fresh and well stocked and hit the spot. If your looking for hot breakfast - there's a McDonalds and a Tim Horton's within walking distance, and a Smitty's just down the road. Parking was great - they have it well marked so no one else will park in front of your room - nice touch. They have wireless internet available - we found it to be quite slow, but that could be because the hotel was quite full.
The negatives - two or three things really - the construction of the place is such that it doesn't block noise very well from the neighboring rooms. We were kept up well passed midnight by the people beside us and the kids running in the room above us; and I don't believe that they were being excessively noisy. Just that you could hear muffled conversations and t.v.'s etc.
Another thing was the temperature control - the heating/cooling is not controlled by a thermostat on an opposing wall or anything to regulate room temperature - it's pretty much manual control on the unit itself - not a big deal, but it would be nice not to have to get up a couple times during the night to adjust the heat.
Lastly, as someone else also mentioned - the beds are very very firm. Some people like hard beds and these are really hard - both me and my companion thought so and we woke up with sore backs and muscles.
So in summary, very clean & affordable, but unable to get a good nights sleep between the noise & heat & hard beds. Based on that, I would be tempted to spend the extra $40 a night to stay at the Super 8 - but if money's an issue, this place is a good alternative.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family