My husband and I stayed in this beautiful hotel last June to celebrate our anniversary. It was perfect for us. The gardens are fragrant with rosemary and honeysuckle bushes and colourful flowers, the room was spotless and the hotel has been carefully renovated to retain a Tuscan farmhouse feel.The views across the valley from the gardens are spectacular. I would say that you need a car to get around - there was another couple there without one and they managed to visit some places using taxis and trains etc. but they said they'd hire a car the next time. We rented a car and easily explored Sienna Arezzo Florence ( which we went to by train) and many other attractive towns. The Tuscan countryside was beautiful. The breakfasts were superb and sustained us all day. We dined at the restaurant and the food was very good. It was quite expensive but there were other cheaper places to eat in neighbouring towns. Luigi was the perfect host appearing at first quite formal but with a twinkle in his eye and an excellent sense of humour. He provided us with lots of information for wherever we wanted to go and advised us of the best way to get there. The pool was small but pleasant to swim in and nice to relax beside. I'd go back again in an instant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais San Pietro in Polvano, a family-run establishment set in an eighteenth-century converted hamlet in the Tuscan hills, is pure paradise for those seeking a quiet retreat. The panoramic pool is located on one of the terraces overlooking the olive groves and valley and is the perfect spot for relaxing or sipping a drink whilst enjoying the spectacular sunsets. An evening turn-down service adds to the luxurious atmosphere and attention to detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Relais San Pietro in Polvano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy - Tuscany