Yes, all of the glowing reviews are true. I have never been bothered to write a review before, but this stay was so great that I felt compelled. It is astonishing to me that when people ask us about our trip, we spend most of the time describing our experience at Casa Portagioia. Maybe it's because we've been to Italy several times, so the basic experience isn't "new". Maybe it's because we live part of the year in a European country not known for customer service, so it's quite a surprise to be treated so well. But I suspect it is really 100% because Terry and Marcello have created the perfect environment: inviting, relaxing, warm, and welcoming.
The location is stunning with the cypress-lined approach, vistas of olive groves and vineyards, and buildings just as you imagined they "should" be. We very much appreciated their sense of humor, and the amount of unhurried time they spent just chatting with us. We also loved sitting in the sun at the table and chairs just outside the door to our room, taking in the views, smelling the lavender and rosemary scented air, and enjoying a bottle of local wine. And, the pillow spray is lovely.
Yes, you must have the eggs and ham when offered at breakfast. Delicious. Yes, you must partake in the dinner. We were lucky enough to be there for two. Homemade fig jam from their trees. Olive oil from their groves. An excellent (and very reasonable) cellar.
Only when something is a true labor of love can the result be so wonderful. These two obviously love what they do, and are fantastic at it. We absolutely cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy - Tuscany