Our stay at Casa Portagioia came near the end of our 18 day Italy vacation during the height of wine harvest season. Unfortunately, we only booked two days at this gem on a hillside in a hidden valley near Castiglion Fiorentino and wished we had stayed much longer. Indeed, the facility was so pleasant in all aspects that we dispensed with the usual sightseeing planned on the itinerary and spent an entire day at the pool basking in the glorious sunshine overlooking vineyards, olive groves and distant Tuscan agriturismos interrupted only by the incredible lunch that Marcello whipped together. The pomodoro pasta and bean mixed salad we had was as good or better than anything served us at any of the restaurants during our trip and enhanced by the spectacular panoramic vistas which surrounded our outside flower laden dining terrace area. Breakfast was as good and varied as all reviewers have mentioned. Our room was well equipped and a delight with every detail well thought out and delivered. We too were subject to Terry's offbeat "dead heading" directives, but as other travelers have noted, the grounds were so well maintained, that our requested kabutzlike labor was completely unnecessary. Both of the restaurants recommended for dinner by Terry and Marcello in Castiglion Fiorentino and Arezzo were winners. We found our hands on hosts to be extremely warm, engaging, funny, accommodating and informative, but not at all intrusive. This is the perfect place to stay to chill for few days near the end of a hectic whirlwind Tuscan visit. We truly regretted having to leave.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy - Tuscany