“A beautiful house in the Isle of Wight”
Review of NorthCourt Manor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shorwell
NorthCourt Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shorwell
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful house in the Isle of Wight”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Northcourt Manor is absolutely stunning, from the grounds to the house, to our bedroom, everything was beautifully decorated and welcoming. My boyfriend and I cycled around the island so Shorwell was a good resting point for us. John and Christine were extremely helpful and friendly, suggesting cycle routes for us to explore as well as pub recommendations! Lovely breakfast which was included as well.
Our room was spacious and grand, with a roll top bath to die for. We only stayed for two nights but wished we could of stayed much longer!
I really couldn't recommend this place enough
Thanks again to John & Christine xx

Room Tip: Any room with a roll top bath :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

A spontaneous trip, and oh my, did we find a glorious place.
A restoration project now mainly finished that has been going on since the sixties. A 60 room Jacobean house with wonderful gardens. Every corner you turn is a new vista. Really nice.

The house itself beautiful, our room amazing. Breakfast full of home grown food.

John and Christine, we take our hats off to you. Heaven knows how you did it, but you have created a wonderful place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank myboyke
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was surprised by my husband and family (15 of us) with a week long break in the self catering wing or North Court Manor for my 50th birthday.
Anyone who has stayed there will tell you that it is a truly amazing place to stay, with wonderful hosts (John and Christine). John gave us a tour of the main house and gardens and was always on happy and friendly.
We had toddlers with us and they were well catered for. To be able to give them some space to run free and happily, was great. They had so much fun.
I will definitely go back ,but during the summer months where we could benefit from the beautiful gardens.
I was lucky enough to have been allowed to take some windfall apples home, for my jam and chutney making :)
Given they are due to start work in extending the facilities to include various courses including cooking and art, it really will be worth booking your breaks here.
I cannot express how much you would enjoy a visit here.

Room Tip: My husband, daughter and myself stayed in the Lady Gordon room, which has a large bathroom and side...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Josanne K
London
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We decided to take a party to the Isle of Wight and I spent ages trawling websites and tripadvisor to find the right place. In fact I only heard about this lovely home through a friend who had been to dinner there. Christine and John have lovingly restored a spectacular house into a warm and welcoming B & B. Although they offered to provide catering for our big dinner (for 20) they were happy to accommodate a local catering company to come in. This place, with its large rooms with en suite bathrooms would be great for a couple getaway or a larger family or friendship group. The gardens are a real feature and there is even a music room - if that takes your fancy. I confess to having experienced a furtive desire not to write this report for fear that this lovely place will become hard to get into but they really deserve their hard won reputation. On a final note, the breakfasts were locally sourced ( sausages and the honey were particular hits) and well behaved pet dogs are permitted in one heated part of the property but not into the bedrooms. That worked very well for us.

Room Tip: First floor rooms in the main house are the biggest, the self catering wing offers lovely rooms and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bonchurch58
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

In addition to the beautiful historic suites John and Christine have an attic apartment which is perfect for a family break. The delightful house, gardens and breakfast can be enjoyed and participated in; and the Apartment rooms are comfortable yet family friendly. Thoroughly recommended!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan J
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Northcourt really delivers if you're looking for a complete rest. Set in its own grounds, it gets dark and quiet at night, meaning you should have a blissful night's sleep. That's followed by what may well be the best breakfast in England: three courses, all local/homemade.

I'm going back next year. And I never go back anywhere, there being so much of the world still to see.

Room Tip: Book ahead to get the really sumptuous rooms, but all rooms are comfortable, large and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hazel S
Sussex, UK
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A beautiful property perfectly situated in West Wight. John and Christine were very welcoming and helpful, and our room (Sir John Leigh) was spacious and comfortable. The huge roll top bath was wonderful. We will be back I am sure, if only to enjoy another epic snooker match in the fantastic billiards room!

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shorwell
The Royal Hotel
#7 of 52 in Shanklin
The Wheatsheaf Hotel
The Wheatsheaf Hotel
#3 of 5 in Newport

Been to NorthCourt Manor? Share your experiences!