“Nice location”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Siuntio
Tuusula, Finland
“Nice location”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I spent 5 nights in Siuntio as I took part in 'well'being' at work course organised by my employer. Siuntio in located in a Finnish countryside and offers very nice outdoor facilities. I went for a walk everyday as luckily the weather was very nice. The spa in itself is very small compared to other spahotels and has only 2 pools inside and 1 pool outside. The pool area was kept clean at all times.
Our group had buffet lunch and dinner and the food was good. The rooms were nice, just enough for 2 people to share. However the cleanlines of the rooms wasn't as good. One day the cleaning lady knocked at the door whilst I was getting changed to go to the gym. I told her to come back in few minutes but I later on noticed they hadn't been there at all. On other days they managed to clean the room whilst I wasn't there but left the room quite unclean and dusty. They also never brought more toilet paper and one had to go and ask for more from the reception. The same problem occurred in my colleagues rooms, the toilet paper finished but the cleaners didn't bring replacement. Apart from that the hotel was fine. I am not sure though if I would stay in this hotel if I had to pay for it myself.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mintsi73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Finnish first
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This establishment belongs to the Rantasipi chain nowadays. Nicely refurbished rooms, ok spa services. Average restaurant (last orders by 21:30). The only downside of the place is that it is very difficult to reach by public transport. There's only one bus from Helsinki that will bring you to Siuntio Spa and only very few trains stop at Siuntio station (5 km from the hotel).
Even standard rooms are pretty spacious.

Room Tip: Some of the stadard rooms have a glazed balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Moscow
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is hotel for relaxation. Just 40 min by train Y from Helsinki and 4km by taxi and you can relax in 3 pools (1 is outdoor), 2 dry and 1 wet saunas and enjoy to many procedures in SPA.
Good hotel with large rooms and location - very far from civilization.

My recommendation - get good relaxation weekend: from friday till sunday. It will be best.

Food is excellent.
At reception you can speak: en, fi, se, rus languages.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank K-Arkhipov
Scandic
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent one night here in the middle of winter. I think there were only a few overnight quests when we were there, so it was a quite relaxing. This is an old place and it still has a bit hospital feel even though it is now under hotel chain.

The best thing about this hotel is location and outdoor pool especially during wintertime in subzero weather. If you love outdoors this is definitely a good place for walking in the forest and paddling in the lake and river area,

Room was nice and clean and breakfast typical Finnish style, but I would say a better than average. Lunch and dinner options a quite limited, and a bit on expensive side.
A very simple and relaxing place. Good value for money (depending how much you pay I guess).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Namsos, Norway
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Rooms are tidy and clean. Only thing I reacted on was some corrosion (?) on the towel-dryer in the bathroom.

Lovely atmosphere at the hotel, and the food was ok. Scrambled eggs were light yellowish, and watery (don`t know how they were prepared ...). The whole restaurant was somewhat cantina- like, but that is maybe common in such hotels as this?

The bar menu was however exellent! Lots of nice beer to chose between, and one could also be entertained several nights a week. Staff in reception area isvery polite and staff in bar was very funny. Suits me fine.

Nice surroundings, though it was fall and a lot of wind and rain.

Only thing that I miss is info about the hotel and its facilities in english ...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vastra Frolunda, Sweden
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I only stayed one night in this hotel and I was having a cold so I could not use all the wellness possibilities they offer. The room was a bit basic. I had to upgrade to get a desk to work at for example. The hotel is big and lacks the cosy feel a bit. Some of the staff in the restaurant and bar did not speak any other language than Finnish which made things a bit difficult.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Finland
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I booked a night at this hotel for my partner and I to de-stress after a busy few months at work. We first became aware of the hotel while driving past and seeing this impressive-looking building stand out in the middle of the countryside.

The surrounding nature is indeed impressive, but unless you come in the summertime, there is not much you can actually do. We went in April and the tennis courts, inline skating path, kayaking, beach activities, etc. etc. were all not available due to the weather. The only activity available outdoors was walking/trekking, which is nice but nothing special. It is also worth mentioning that all outdoor equipment hire costs extra.

We booked a "superior" double, which turned out to be a twin. The room was very clean, with a nice bathroom, but it was small (even by Finnish standards) and nothing special at all. Except for the bathroom, it reminded me of a run-of-the-mill cruiseship cabin.

The pool area consists of three pools - two regular rectangular ones and one indoor/outdoor pool. The last is a nice idea but the relatively cool water (same temperature as indoor pools, 24°C or so) made it uncomfortable to stay in for longer than a few minutes due to rapid cooling outdoors (outdoor temperature being 10°C when we visited). I cannot imagine using the pool at sub-zero temperatures, although this is advertised. There are no water slides or speciality pools (including jacuzzis), so unless you enjoy swimming laps, you'll be bored quickly. The saunas available (two Finnish and one Turkish) are OK, but the Turkish ones are tiny and only fit five or so people comfortably - I was only able to enjoy it once, the other times I went in it was packed.
The Turkish sauna has men's and women's sides split by a glass wall with openings at the top; I was fortunate (?) enough to overhear conversations from the men on the other side, commenting on the figures/appearances of the women they had seen at the pool. Nice.

I had booked a neck and back massage as a surprise for my partner via the hotel website (as is recommended). The website does not list the hours of the therapist, but since the pool area is open until 8pm on Saturdays, I thought that 6pm would be a fair guess. No-one ever contacted me regarding the booking, to confirm or to reschedule. When we went to the therapist at the appointed time, it was closed. This didn't stop the hotel from trying to charge us for the treatment at check-out. They dropped the charge when I kindly but sternly refused to pay, but no apology or explanation was ever offered.

We both slept very poorly, although I don't know if this was the fault of the hotel; the room was comfortable enough. Still, after nine hours of sleep, we awoke tired and grumpy. The breakfast was (like everything else about this hotel) a disappointment, unfortunately. The breakfast buffet consists of bread, lettuce/tomato/cucumber, questionable cold cuts (think lauantaimakkara), clumpy natural yoghurt with a few types of cereal, cut up frankfurters, warm rice pasties (which are delicious, mind you) and hard-boiled eggs that had gone cold. The breakfast consisted of very healthy options, which is great as such, but not if you're not into having sandwiches or salad for breakfast.
After breakfast we quickly checked out to drive home to get some sleep and to relax. How ironic is that?

Overall: poor value for money (the superior room is about 1½-2 x the price of a double at a 4-star hotel in the centre of Helsinki). The front desk staff were friendly and the room was clean, but everything else was disappointing or mediocre at best. I can see how it would be nice in the summer, but I would not recommend the hotel to anyone between the months of September and May.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DDiana6

Travelers are raving about these Siuntio hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siuntio
No photo provided
#3 of 4 in Kirkkonummi
Spa Hotel Paivakumpu
Spa Hotel Paivakumpu
#2 of 2 in Lohja

Been to Rantasipi Siuntion Kylpyla? Share your experiences!