“The culinary missing link in Fife”
Review of Pittenweem Inn - CLOSED

Pittenweem Inn
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 200year Old Former Coaching Inn Recently Refurbished To A High Standard Serving Fresh Local Produceserving Lunch And Dinner High Tea Served On A Saturday And Sunday Private Parties Catered Forlarge Outside Heated Terrace Children Welcome Fully Licensed Bar2 Course Lunch £8.95
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We've visited the Pittenweem Inn many times and seen it develop into absolutely the right formula to suit all tastes both for locals and tourists. The menu is just the right size, mix and price to suit most tastes and the restaurant provides an environment for formal or informal dining. The high teas are the best value for money we've experienced in the east of Scotland. The staff are friendly and the owner/chef seems to see the customers as extensions to his own family who literally 'live above the shop'!! On a personal note, his black pudding starter deserves particular mention!!

4  Thank grahamandaudrey

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I have had three meals in there all brilliant,I was in with Phillip Raskin who once owned The Inn on the Green in Glasgow said the meal was fantastic.
I cant wait for my next meal,the owners and the staff matched the meal brilliant .

3  Thank Derek C
Brizo88, Owner at Pittenweem Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Hi Derek C

thank you for taking the time to review your experience @ pittenweem inn
we are so glad that it was all positive !!!
and look forward to welcoming you in the future

best regards

Brian Murphy Owner

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had a really fabulous meal at the Pittenweem Inn. We wanted something special for our last night of our holiday in the area and we were not disappointed.
The dining room had a very nice atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The food was top quality. The whisky sauce I had with my main course was excellent (this from someone who does not like whisky!)
Our desserts were superb as well.
There was a child menu for our small children and the staff were very helpful and friendly towards the kids.
Price wise it was also very reasonable for fine dining.
I could not praise the Pittenweem Inn highly enough and would encourage any people in the area who are looking for some quality food to visit this superb establishment.

3  Thank culzane
Brizo88, Owner at Pittenweem Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Hi Culzane

thank you for your kind words we are so happy that you enjoyed your experience @ pittenweem inn and look forward to welcoming you again in the future

best regards

Brian Murphy Owner

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I recently visited the Pittenweem Inn with friends. What should have been relaxed and pleasant evening was ruined by the most disgusting customer service I have ever experienced. We had booked a table for 6 people and were looking forward to our night as one of the couples had been there before and said that the food was good. Unfortunately my partner, who is in the military, was called away and was therefore unable to come for dinner. This resulted in the chef (who is the owner) coming to our table to complain, in the most rude way possible, about how we had caused him to lose business as we were one person short. Whilst one waitress remained polite, the others were somewhat surly toward us. The food was nice and we had no issues over it. However, when we came to pay, my host took himself off quietly and asked to speak to the owner to say how disappointed he was that he had supported this local business and that he did appreciate the way in which he had spoken to our table. The owners' response was to ask us to leave!!!! We did. We won't be back. We will certainly be warning everyone we know in the local area not to go there.

7  Thank Gillian068

Hello Gillian068

thank you for taking the time to review our excellent property, where we pride ourselves on our high standards of food and hospitality

There is however some inaccuracies in your review

1. the booking was made for a table of 8 on the busiest Friday of the year and you didn't have the common decencey to call ahead and let us know that there was only going to be 5 of you joining us for dinner
we took the booking in good faith and could have sold those seats 25 times over on this particular evening not to mention the loss of revenue to our business

2. your party was over 30 minutes late to arrive

3. at no time throughout the evening were you or your host asked to leave my premises

4. your host was also exremeley rude to my waiting staff on several occasions throught your visit

if you would like to discuss this further with me
please contact me at the restaurant

Brian Murphy 01333 311326

Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I have been to the Pittenweem Inn a few times for meals and it is always really good. Before the major refurbishment by the present owners this venue was a regular haunt of my husband's family when holidaying in Fife. The interior is unrecognisable from what it was and very much the better for it. The whole place is tastefully decorated and it has a really pleasant bar area to sit and have a drink before your meal.
The food is excellent. All freshly cooked to order and the chef uses fine local ingredients. The staff are friendly, attentive and effecient.
In the winter months we took advantage of the special offer main course and bottle of wine offer.
Well worth a visit.