“Fantastic wedding venue”
Review of The Hawkhills

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Easingwold
The Hawkhills
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Easingwold
York, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wedding venue”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have worked with The Hawkhills a number of times and in different capacities, but most recently with my new charity, The Wish Tree Foundation, which assists couples to get married when one partner has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Despite the difficulties of a very short lead time, and the emotional nature of the event, I cannot fault Maria and Natalie, the wedding co-ordinators. They worked tirelessly to ensure that they could provide the best possible service to both me and the couple.
I cannot recommend this venue enough - beautiful building, great location, delicious food, fantastic service and attention to detail that is second to none. I look forward to working with them on future occasions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AllisonDanielTWTF

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

a very big thankyou to Allison Daniel from The Wish Tree Foundation who organised a very beautiful wedding at The Hawkhills which i attended it is very beautiful hotel set in beautiful grounds the staff at the hotel were amazing very polite and professional could not do enough for us was a wonderful day. I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue for any wedding. (this was the same wedding referred by emma ) The food was fantastic the service impeccable thankyou to you all at the Hawkills for a wonderful day

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sueonions
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I attended the same wedding(referred to by Emma also) the wedding was arranged by a charity called the wish tree foundation which helps couples who may have a terminal illness and wish to get married the wedding was by far an absolute fairytale day.I was a day/night guest and i have to say the hawkhills is a gorgeous venue for a wedding.When we arrived the staff were ready and waiting with drinks and very friendly the wedding was a little delayed from church but the staff were always friendly and very professional.
I have to say this was a breath taking day and this venue would definitely meet anyones expectations for a perfect day.
I think you are drunk and causing a scene then staff are within their rights to phone police etc just a shame how a few night guests can try put a dampner on a brilliant day.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank alfrankie12
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the Hawkhills (referred to by Emma). The wedding was, in the main paid for by the Wish Tree Foundation (a really great charity helping couples where one of the partners is terminally ill). The venue is excellent, the staff friendly, understanding and very professional. The Hawkhills is a lovely venue in a beautiful setting very professionally run. Well done Serco!

At the end of the evening, some guests had drank too much and got silly the staff acted in a sensible manor sorted out the riff raff that were being unruly and quite rightly called the police as they could not get them to see reason due to their beer goggles.

Love the venue, love the staff book a wedding here don't let one idiot put you off this is the place for your wedding reception!!!! Your guest will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nigel G
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I attended the wedding of my best friends at the hawk hills earlier this year! My partner and I stayed over as well as most of the wedding party. The rooms are very comfortable and I found them great value for money! Really handy to stay so you don't have to worry about taxis ect! In my opinion it is a gorgeous setting for a wedding, the hawkhills being surrounded by very pretty well kept gardens! The meal that we had was really nice too and staff were very friendly and accomodating! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a classy day!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank sarah f
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

At this hotel we went for my friends wedding, werent invited to meal by brideand groom as funding wasnt there- told by staff we couldnt use the bar as it was only for the meal part of the function- WHAT? you are paying to stay at the hotel?! Thats ridiculous- so we went offsite to get a meal and drinks.
Later when we came from the room 10 oclock at night - meal took 6 hours? UNLIKELY! Me & my partner had a small tiff between ourselfs- so i went to the loo with a friend for a breather n a chat- two members of staff came in, saw somebody had dropped a glass on the floor, then targeted me and lied through their teeth to the bride( my friend of 8 years) telling her i smashed the toilets up!! WHAT AGAIN RUBBISH?!! I came out of the loo as a friendly guy carried me out as i had no shoes on, i sat in the main room and a guy was bullying my partner, so i stook up for him, but while this went on my partner had gone to the bar to buy the bride-groom two bottles of champagne. They took his money but befor he got the bottles two men from the wedding barged into him to instigate a fight,my boyfriend tried protecting hisself-OBVIOUSLY NOT ALLOWED BY THE HOTEL!! Cheers!! And the BAR MAN dived on him in the hallway WHO HELPED THEN? NOBODY!!! All went out side where a bridesmaids partner tried provoking my partner again and ended up in a scrap , so i saw my partner once AGAIN ON THE FLOOR WITH THE SAME GOD DAMN BAR MAN ON TOP OF HIM , so as any woman protecting her family would do grabbed the bar man by his hair- yes not the nicest thing but hes on top of my partner!!! Then the same member of staff BLONDE LADY GRABBED MY ARMS BEHIND MY BACK - shoving me about to the extent i have a huge 3 inch bruise with a lump under on my arm n bruises on my legs from her, so i defended my self and did retaliate & kicked back, i nastily screamed some horrid things at her but she gave me her best also! Im sorry after grabbing me n the bar mans actions proved unprofessional! Then my partner got arrested and i heard the same lady tearing into complete lies and fabricating alot of things to the police! All ridiculous to be honest, nobody saw the real situation and used mine n my partners tiny tiff as an excuse!! I think they need new staff, and i think we need a refund as nothing was damaged like they said, and i slept in the reception area of a police station! So we didnt stay in that tiny room either! If things arent realised by this hotel! Bad reviews and word if mouth to wedding partys will continue!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Emmaandnathanx
Stafford, Great Britain
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Hawkhills is a venue I have been staying at since the late 1970s for training courses and conferences, and standards now, under SERCO management, remain high. Most visitors stay in a decade old purpose built residential block, not dissimilar to a budget hotel, with small en suite study bedrooms, with a double bed and television.

Meals are taken in the Hawkhills, a traditional country house, where a buffet breakfast is served. This is of excellent quality, well up to the standard of expensive hotels. Lunch is a buffet, and dinner is table service, with a limited but acceptable choice. The food is hot, tasty and well presented. The staff are friendly and enthusiastic, and the place reflects the care taken in maintaining its quality environment since it first entered public ownership in the late 1930s. A cosy bar is open in the evenings from 1800 - 2300hrs.

There is a main lecture theatre and many small workshop/syndicate rooms, and these are ideal for meetings of all types.

Overall the Hawkhills is an excellent conference/training venue, and I hope that its high standards will be maintained in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easingwold
Best Western Burn Hall Hotel
Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
Golden Fleece Hotel
Golden Fleece Hotel
#1 of 5 in Thirsk

Been to The Hawkhills? Share your experiences!