“Food's great - but that's because they starved us for an hour first”
Review of La Sirenetta

La Sirenetta
Ranked #41 of 72 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 21, 2014

It's really for Westerners - the prices are reminiscent of prices of high-end restos in the middle of highly urbanized Makati City. Businesses in Busuanga/Coron, especially restaurants, are, apparently, notorious for not giving official receipts to guests (Kim Henares, I hope you're reading this!).

We ordered a Mica Pizza, Ginger Chicken, KILAWIN (TO DIE FOR), some pasta dish, and Fish of the Day (tuna, when we were here) with a serving of fried potato wedges. WAITED AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST DISH CAME OUT! My 4 dinner companions got their fruit shakes 20 minutes after we ordered - I got my BOTTLED WATER 10 minutes after the shakes came out and after I reminded the server about it.

Food was great, but then again, I may be biased because I remember almost dying from hunger before they were served. After finishing the meal within 15 minutes (we were THAT hungry), I've decided: Php2,500 for 5 people in Busuanga's La Sirenetta ain't worth the wait.

There are newer reviews for La Sirenetta

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Almost everything is good about this resto ... the mermaid theme is very much appropriate for the location; the choice of background music is just right - although, they can add more to their collection because being a semi-resident of the island, it means I am a regular in this resto, and so it can get repetitive on me; food is definitely one of the best in Coron - I especially like their Adobo and their version of Tinola - Chicken Ginger minus the broth ... and the way they serve their rice is naughty - looks like a breast of one the mermaids; and when it comes to ambience, nothing beats seeing the sun set as your dinner is set on your table. But wait, did I write "almost everything" - yeah, except for the service - which is rather slow and unprofessional, and particularly one waitress there - I saw her prepare mango juice and her bare hands were all over the mango fruit (I think she probably started at Seadive restaurant). But generally, this is one resto in Coron that I do not get tired of dining at - lunch, sweet snacks of crepes, and dinner.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Best Kinilaw in Coron Town, hands down. In 7 days on the island, I ate their Kinilaw 5 times! Friendly staff. La Sirenetta sits out in the end of a peer. Relaxed environment. Best views.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were the only ones in the restaurant, yet it took nearly 20 mins to get our drinks..

We ordered pineapple rice, kinilaw and chicken adobo.. but it was very immaturely prepared.. no taste in rice and kinilaw:(

Disappointing altogether.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice ambience, great food...prices are high but they are worth it. Every item on the menu looks really good. The service is good too.