“Awesome, first time Scuba experience, in safe hands”
Review of Dive Cal

Dive Cal
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Had a great first time scuba session, with Stephano & Megan from Dive Cal. Never having dived before I took the "Discover Scuba" Package. This consisted of a training session with my instructor Stephano, and two accompanied dives around two of the Japanese wrecks littering the area. There was only two other customers on the boat so we had all of the dive teams attention and had a great day. Well worth the £60 I paid.

Reviewed April 18, 2016

Dive Cal has recently changed management, and is now known as the Umali Dive Centre (UDCC).

I spent 4 days diving the wrecks of Coron with Allan, AJ and the rest of the UDCC team. Allan has been in the dive business for around 20 years, and that experience shows in his attitude to both service and safety.

Groups are small and tailored to your qualifications and experience level, meaning that OW divers can enjoy the easier areas of a wreck while advanced divers are led through the underwater passageways of the WWII ships. The divemasters really know their stuff, always pointing out features of interest while making sure everyone is safe and happy.

The excursions are quite flexible, so if there is a site you particularly want to dive, chances are UDCC can make it happen – I highly recommend requesting a trip to dive in the crystal-clear, bath-like water of Barracuda Lake.

If I have one complaint it's that the rental gear is getting pretty old and shabby. I know UDCC is getting a brand-new boat to do the Apo Reef trip, so hopefully a few new regs, BCDs and wetsuits are also on the cards.

Overall though, this is one of the best dive centres I have been to. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 28, 2016

We went on a three-days dive safari to Apo Reef. The reef itself was amazing, definitely worth it! Diving the "Ego Wall" was an experience hard to beat. Also the crew and how they took care of us, was great. However, DIve Cal (or UDCC, how it is called now) definitely needs to invest in equipment and the boat. Also a bit more communication would help. Still glad to have done it for the diving!

Reviewed March 28, 2016

We went to a 3 days trip to Apo Reef. First of all, I was really disapointed when arriving at the dive center since I paid the whole expedition via Paypal before going to Philippines, and I sent an e-mail to the dive center in order to get their agreement that everything is ok for them since I would not have any money once arriving in Coron. I did not get any answer from them, but once at the dive center they told me it was not ok for them since Paypal fees had to be removed (6500PHP ~ 130 euros!). I was not aware and I would have appreciated they told me this by answering to my e-mail!!!
However the dives were fortunately wonderful, a lot of sharks, napoleon rasks, tuna, ...
The expedition was wonderful but I found it expensive relative to Philippines' life price level: ~ 700 euros / person (counting expedition + equipment rental )