Tripadvisor
Coron
All reviews premium room breakfast buffet pool view per person family room spacious rooms ground floor tricycle ride island hopping wifi connection nice resort relaxing stay nice pool rice airport transfer visiting coron tour package
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my husband always comes home every year from New Jersey to have a family vacation and this year we picked Coron, Palawan as one of our destinations. My sister and brother-in-law found the place online trusting the great reviews about the said resort but obviously we were all quite disappointed about our stay. We are a family of 10. Checked in Jan 15 to Jan 19 Rooms 205 and 218.

These were the things that we experienced:

1. Lobby turning into a Internet Cafe. They charged 100 pesos per device per day on there not so fast WIFI that you can only use inside your room. Honestly you can't call yourself a "RESORT" if you deprive this simple amenity to your guests.

2. Room smells clean but try checking underneath your bed. You may be surprise of the dust and how they don't really clean underneath and only polish the areas that guest could see.

3. Food - it is not great at all for its price. Food that could be found around the area of McDonalds is way better and much cheaper to what they serve. Breakfast opens at 630am and they never open on time. Which creates problems to your daily itinerary tours as some of the tours picks you up as early as 7am. And another thing is they always run out of stock which gives you a very limited choices. Buffets are one sided which makes it too slow and crowded. I think it should be double sided especially when you have 40 to 50 people eating breakfast and trying to rush leave for there tours.

4. Extra charges - the place is very affordable but every little extra thing you ask for will be charged. Example: the wifi, a pillow, beach towels, face towels and other towels. And be aware that pool service and anything that will be done in your room will have 10% service charge.

5. As you can see in the picture I attached. Frog in our bathroom. Animal manure on the hallways of the hotel. Very unacceptable!

6. There checkout computation for bills are wrong if you wont check them you might get ripped off. So please please check your bills all the time especially on how they compute the senior citizen discount.

3star and calling itself Resort doesn't sound reasonable to me with all these experience we had. It has a potential to grow if the Management will look into these problems internally. Staff training is a MUST. As the staffs seems like they don't care about working here. Alarming issues that the Management should address and fix.

Will I be coming back and recommend this to my friends and in general?
No, not until they fix the issues and redevelop.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2020

Due to a glitch in the resort's system, our family room was unavailable for the night and we were upgraded to 2 premium rooms which had a balcony overlooking the resorts pools and bar. These two rooms were nice - excellent view. However, the next day we were moved into room 216 our originally booked family room. We noticed immediately the musky smell of the room. The family rooms are spacious: one main room with 2 double beds and a connecting room with king bed. The room with the king bed is very dark, no other ventilation but the air con. Skirting boards also in bad shape. Holes and stains from the water on aircon also. This leads me to the biggest issue and the reason for my request to change. Both my daughter and I were raided by mosquitos in this room. I found myself spending a lot of time killing them. Showers are large, pressure of the water could be stronger, but you can still take a decent shower in them. I saw room 217 being cleaned the next day. After a quick inspection, I asked to be transferred which the staff helped with. Rooms equipped with open wardrobe, safe, tea and coffee making facilities and a 2nd bathroom (in family room) Room 217 had a dehumidifier which helped with the smell. All rooms come with basic toiletries - toothbrushes, bathgel, soap, showercaps, shampoo.

Buffet breakfast is pretty basic. Omlette station, waffle station, cereals, 4 to 5 hot food items to go with rice/toast, condiments, congee, soup, fruits. It would be nicer to see them replenish much quicker especially when hotel is at full capacity. Food is good enough to get you through the day.

Best thing I can say about this place is the customer service. The staff were very helpful. From front desk to the concierge. Pools were also nice, but my daughter got some scrathes from the little pool. We met some kids from Melbourne who had also experienced the same, but mentioned it had caused them to bleed. So this is something that needs to be addressed.

I would still recommend this hotel. Service was good and so were half the rooms we stayed in. The size of the rooms are pretty good. Location is only about 7 mins away from town proper via tricycle. Close enough to get to quickly and far enough from the hustle and bustle

Room tip: We got room 217 which seemed decent
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

We’re staying at the wonderful coron sunlight but saw that westown has a nice spa so took a tricycle there and booked and paid for two massages at reception
Said we’re going to wait the hour for the massages at the bar and checked if it was ok to use the pool - NO ITS FORGUESTS ONLY !!!!!!!
No one was in the pool!
Spent 1000 peso at the bar and 1500 pn massages but couldn’t use the empty pool
Wish I hadn’t bothered asking
Hotel a bit tatty looking and some dead cockroaches about

Massages were brilliant though in proper spa

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank petermH9576PM
Reviewed December 26, 2019

The resort is great and good for couple.. Rooms are nice with a pool view.. Due to we didn't booked our place till the end of our stay as we have to extend it we didn't expect that thay can't extend our stay and we have to booked it again online. The reception says we can extend before that day and we are too chilled in the room not bothered and we are preparing for our last day adventure on the island to reach the black island which is the best island in coron. When we are about to leave they say we have to check out as there are no rooms available for us. We didn't make it as we have to check out and booked a new place as they can't extend our last day on this resort it's ashamed. We wasted our day dealing packing and checking out from this resort..

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2019

Rooms are quiet big in size and bed is comfortable too. Room service does not have much of a choice in menu. Should include Biryani as well in the menu for people who prefer choice of rice. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room tip: Ask for Front side facing rooms which has balcony.
Date of stay: November 2019