“new, clean, comfy, relaxing, best rooms in town”

Corto del Mar Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Coron
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spent every day touring nearby islands and reefs. This was a great, relaxing place to come back to at the end of the day. Crisp new rooms, hot water, lovely pool, friendly, helpful staff. Recently built on the site of an old ice factory, it looks over the gorgeous bay (and nearby shanty village). Not really worth paying a extra for ocean view rooms with the balcony unless you're happy peering into the adjacent shanty homes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Coron, Busuanga and must share our wonderful stay and the Corto del Mar. We had just come from China and had stayed in many 5 star hotels while making our way through the country. The staff at the Corto del Mar do not have to take a backseat to any 5 star staff in China. We had a wonderful time there. All the ladies at the front desk were fantastic. They went to any length to set up island hopping tours etc and even arranged for the guide we liked on every trip. Arias and his staff in the restaurant were unbelievable. Shai, Ysai, and the rest of the waitresses treated us very well. We booked our tours and our diving through Calamian Tours who work out of the hotel and they picked us up at the front door each morning. Anthony guided us for the island hopping and the snorkeling and he made every trip special. Delila was our dive master and was one of the best dive masters we have ever had. She was professional and congenial and were were safe and very well taken care of and she became our friend as well as our dive master. Coron is a great town and we spend several days just walking through the city. In the evening we would visit Elle Impressions for some fantastic massages which is new and located only a block away from the hotel. What a great vacation in Busuanga.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong at this hotel! Thanks Gerald.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tasche113
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was a wonderful stay in Corto Del Mar in Coron. The staff are ever friendly and accommodating. Aries and Ross ensured that our stay was stress-free and pleasant all the way. The food was excellent and the room is always clean. The furniture and woodwork in the hotel are very impressive and cohesively planned. Our experience in Coron was made more memorable with our stay in Corto del Mar. We would surely come back in Coron and stay again in the same hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you're still doing research on where to stay in Coron Town, search no more! This is it!

This place is clean, the beds are very comfy, the hotel is quaint and relaxing, the food is delicious, and the wait staff are well trained, friendly and accommodating.

I will never forget one experience I had with one of the wait staff. I ordered a dish that I didn't know was spicy. I barely ate any of it and put my utensils together as though I was done eating. The wait staff came over and asked me if there was anything wrong with the food. I told him I couldn't handle it and he offered to replace it so I could eat dinner. I was impressed because I had never received that level of service from any establishment in the country... Changed my food and had the kitchen re-do it all because I was silly and didn't pay attention that the food was spicy.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Frances P
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I'd recommend splitting your time between resorts and the Corto del mar if you spending a few days on Busuanga island.
This hotel has a fantastic swimming pool, great service and lovely breakfasts. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable, the towels soft.
The hotel is close to the town centre (easy walking distance) and I would certainly stay here again if I return to the island.

1  Thank Gary_55T
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The staff is beautiful and so kind with such a welcoming smile. I stayed in Coron 7 days but only here 1 night, the last night and we both agreed that we should have stayed here all 7 nights. I stayed up until 2am hanging out with the staff talking about everything from music to food,and they even let me play my own music! I've never felt so welcomed anywhere in the world. Whatever you need, they can help here! I'm still friends with some of the staff now because it was so amazing. Next time I go to the Philippines... I'm here so catch me at the bar or in the pool.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If your looking a beach, there is no beach in town. With that out of the way. Our stay here was wonderful. The manager and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our flight was cancelled and he refunded us the one night we missed. The rooms are nice and very clean. The location is good. You can pretty much walk to any location in town or they will call a tricycle for you. The cost of the tricycle is ~9php/pax. The area is super safe. The breakfasts were delicious. I would recommend the tocino. There will be no need for an alarm clock. The roasters will wake you up.

Room Tip: If you want a view try to get the third floor towards the water. If you get the second floor you'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family