“Awesome experience!”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Coron
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Accomodating staffs. Very Friendly. There service is excellent. Breakfast were good. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The place is awesome! The wooden features of the hotel was fantastic.This is the nicest hotel that we ever booked with my husband during our honeymoon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mahtet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Taoyuan, Taiwan
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is one of the more expensive hotels in the area but well worth the extra money if you can book a room. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. And while most hotels in Coron are subject to the brownouts, this hotel appears to be able to provide air-conditioning 24 hours a day, which is sometimes much needed during the hot summer.

The staff as well were very accommodating. They let us check into the hotel early and let us check in late as well. They were very friendly as well always greeting us with a smile.

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone, the atmosphere, services and food were the best town. My only complaint would be the location, as its just beside the poorer area of town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amber L
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful new hotel, immaculately finished with wooden features in elegant Spanish style. Staff are fantastic and attentive. Rooms are well sized, ours offered a fantastic view of Coron island. The pool is a highlight and provides a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Coron town, just a short walk away. Breakfast was fantastic as was the rest of the menu - lunch and dinner - standouts were the pizzas and the Beef stew. The dining area does lack a bit of atmosphere though and could benefit from some live music, a specials board to highlight their menu and maybe a happy hour - they have an extensive cocktails list. Would definitely recommend Staying at Corto.

• Stayed April 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our boss booked our group at Corto del Mar in April 2013 through Agoda. It was still expensive, especially that we think we can get a good place to stay in Coron for half the price, but when we searched the web for the hotel, we found very good reviews and pictures. Therefore, we assumed that the hotel is worth the money we'll be paying.

One of our staff who will be joining us in that tour was asked to verify our booking and inclusions. I was informed that we'll have to pay P300/person for airport transfers to and from hotel. I immediately checked the deal at Agoda and never found anywhere nor in the hotel's own website that we have to pay for the transfers. With this, I made sure we get the service (for free) as what we thought was already included in the deal we paid for. I had to make about 4 phone calls to the hotel's trunk line before the manager, Hervey Martin, and I agreed to meet halfway. I was really pissed because the ad was incorrect, but I completely understand how it was all Agoda's fault and neither party should suffer at that point. So paying only half of the total fee was the only option we had.

When we reached the hotel, I was a bit disappointed when I saw the location, but everything I felt turned upside down the moment we got inside. It's a small place but well maintained (except the pool which was dirty with leaves and moss until the next morning, but cleaned that afternoon) and all staff are friendly and accommodating. Welcome drinks were given to all of us and our rooms were ready in no time. The food was great, especially their thin crust pizzas! I loved the crispiness and even for a Hawaiian pizza, it was all good! I met the man who partly caused my anger over the phone when I called them re transfers, Nikki, and was kinda embarrassed because he was really nice in person. He gave us beach towels when we asked and was always smiling to the hotel guests.

I didn't like the way Dominic, the other manager, introduced himself to us. Though still in a very friendly approach, the timing wasn't right. It was like telling me that I shouldn't have followed up on our food with him and should've asked other staff instead. I didn't mean to, but he was the only one who seemed available that time and our food's really taking a while and we're hungry. Sorry. :(

The other staff, whose name I forgot, was also very nice. She accommodated us and even said that they will send us to the airport for free, since we've been really nice guests. :)

Our group was satisfied and will not think twice of staying at this hotel again the next time we're in Coron. Our boss and the rest of us were happy. It lived up to expectations set by the guests' reviews in Trip Advisor. :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Makati
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The best place to stay in Coron. It is tastefully designed from the wooden tiled floors, soft colors of the walls up to the small wooden details of the ceiling. The furniture and fixtures compliment and gives you an entirely relaxed homey feeling. I was with 2 German friends and we stayed at the Deluxe Room and the view was fantastic. It was a 30 square meter room with aircon, 32 inch LED TV which we never used because we were having great fun outdoors (by the pool, at the town or at the nearest island beach) They even mentioned that the structure is beautiful and felt like we're somewhere in Tuscany or Andalucia.

The menu and the food is really well thought of. All pasta and pizza were good and yes I always test a restaurant by sampling either a tomato basil pasta or a margarita pizza. I was not disappointed. Pizza is a must-try. It's first place in Coron that i find with a simple but good wine selection. Don't forget to order their Calamansi pie. It's good with an espresso or coffee. This reminds me...They use a real coffee machine if San Remo rings a bell for you. But the real icing on this place is the friendly, courteous and efficient staff. They know their menu and what to recommend to guests, They ask straight away what juice you want with the coffee.They are so fast to replace a used ashtray (not very typical anywhere in this country). On my last morning I asked for a wake up call at 6am and since I had a very late night, I couldn't hear the call so one of the staff came up to knock and this really saved me from missing my flight. I stayed here for 4 nights and 5 days and the staff were very consistent with their superb service. They have exceeded my expectation and earned my respect.

Tasteful but not intimidating or pretentious. Definitely not for tacky people. It's there to be experienced and I'm bringing my family next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Clean room, spacious bathroom, an good food. Please try their Hawaiian Pizza, soo good! The staff of corto del mar will really take care of you. Hotel Rate is a bit pricey at P6,300/night but it is so worth it. Everything here is perfect! I have been to so many hotels in the Philippines but this is by far the best. Dont worry about the location, it is not a beach front property but they make all things so accessible to their guests...thanks to Nicky and Rosalyn.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mshappyperson
Carcassonne, France
Reviewed April 13, 2013

By far the best hotel on the island, very good value for money when compared with the other hotels in and around the town and you would have a hard time finding another hotel in the philippines with such good staff. We booked into this hotel originally for just a couple of nights but was so happy here i stayed for months.....we had plenty of time to look at the alternatives in the area but never found anything that came close to the standards set by Corto del mar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple