“W O W experience!”

Sophia's Garden Resort
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Coron
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am so thankful that I have read reviews first before checking in at this resort.
We really enjoyed our stay. The place is magical!! Amazing view!!
The rooms are very clean and the pool is so inviting. What a wonderful place to relax!
I would like to commend one of the staff, Oliver Solicito for being so accommodating and friendly.
It's like you are being treated as a king/queen because of the friendly staff.
This is definitely a great place to stay.

Room Tip: any rooms would do.
11  Thank LaUrence003

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friends and I spent our second night and third day in Coron enjoying this wonderful, tranquil place in the heart of busy Busuanga. I had no idea there's such a beauty hidden in this very busy tourist destination. Upon entering the property, you will be greeted by well manicured lawns, great landscaping and a nice feel of Hispanic inspiration on the buildings. The rooms are very well maintained and has a sweet woody scent due to the fixtures and furniture. When I choose a hotel, I'm also particular with the bed and bathroom so for picky travelers, you wouldn't be disappointed in those aspects as well. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food and drinks are simply excellent, with a wide variety of dishes and cocktails to choose from. The pool is awesome, with colorful lights illuminating the water at night. You can also simply enjoy relaxing in their outdoor Jacuzzi just beside the two medium sized pools. All in all, you'll get great value for your money if you choose to stay in this great place. Special thanks to our host, Oliver for letting us have a wonderful time at Sophia's.

8  Thank Jam1e_Sams0n
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sophia's garden is a very nice resort. The staff are very friendly and professional. The resort garden is amazing.If you are a nature lover ..you'll definitely love this place. My friends and I really enjoyed the place since it so peaceful and quiet. If you're looking for a place where you can relax and enjoy at the same time,Sophia's Garden Resort is the place for you.

9  Thank joeydecastro
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed 3 nights at Sophia's Garden resort, just outside Coron, Palawan, Philippines. The hotel is a five minute trike ride from downtown Coron. We enjoyed staying out of town, as Sophia's was quiet and tranquil, but still and easy commute into the bustling, noisy town. The trike rides only cost $50P, or $1.25 each way.

The staff at Sophia's were amazing. They were all so friendly, and able to answer any question you had, whether about day trips, the food, or anything you needed at the hotel. There was a lot of staff for the small resort, so you were never looking for someone to help you.

The food was terrific, try the Tocino with the Philippine breakfast, or the French Toast was outstanding. The cook also made us a lunch to take on our second day of diving and they specially prepared some adobo one night for us since we don't like seafood.

Very nice pool, the grounds are gorgeous and well maintained, and the rooms are VERY clean. Much nicer then the more expensive hotel we stayed in Subic Bay.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, with only difference being a double or triple bed space.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank hannahlo84
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been coming back to Coron for the past 10 years but decided to bring my wife and toddler for the first time last April 22-25. I chose Sophia's Garden Resort because of its sprawling garden and quiet location. The deluxe room size was just right - not small and not big either. The service was excellent and my toddler enjoyed swimming in their pool. My wife and I enjoyed the breakfast (included in the package) selection. The only drawback during our trip was that the pool was unavailable the last 2 days as it was being cleaned and the resort is situated a few minutes from town. Though there are no public transports, their van can bring you to the town proper at Php 50 ($1.25) per head. Overall, we enjoyed out trip immensely and Sophia's Garden Resort contributed to its success.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is nearer the side of the pool which is more private.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Duke S
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed @ Sophia's Garden for 3 nights last April 2013 and we really enjoyed the placed so relaxing especially after the fun and so tiring tour. The staff - i loved them so accomodating and nice <3 kuddos to the management.. absolutely we will come back..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank anniehojo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at Sophia's for 3 nights on march 2013 for my honeymoon and enjoyed every second:
The place looks great - beautiful garden, lovely swimming pool and very nice dining room.
The room is very basic, but clean and comfortable.
We loved the staff - everyone was so help-full and nice.
The location is 5 minutes ride from the town of Coron or 15 min walk, but it's not a problem because the hotel calls a tricycle for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple