Balaibinda Lodge
$44
$40
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Sunz En Coron Resort(Coron)(Great Value!)
$32
$136
$72
  • Restaurant
$513
$437
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard roompublic marketsuperior family roombudget lodgingisland hoppingwalking distancefree breakfastmiddle of townqueen bedrooms are smallhotel arrangedshort stayceiling fanlight sleepersouvenir shopsslow wififirst floor
Reviewed April 20, 2013

When my wife and I decided to comb Coron town proper for a decent place to stay for 1 night we found Balaibinda Lodge. It sits at just the right distance to the market and everything else in Coron town.

We liked the layout of the place as it allowed the rooms a view of the garden in the middle of the building. The vibe is fresh and airy. This lodge is colored white and is simple looking, but nonetheless it is clean and well-run.

Our room was decent. It had good airconditioning, TV, good showers. There was nothing to complain about. For the price we paid the hotel returned good value. Our room did not face the garden, but instead faced the street, but we did not hear the noise outside at any time during our stay.

The hotel's staff were accommodating. They called us in our room when breakfast was ready, and also watched over our bags at the lobby when we had to leave the hotel for some errands.

I like the location of the place. It is ideal for short walks to Corons' popular restaurants, the market and also the pier where all island tours take off from. Quite a good base for exploring islands day after day.

I would recommend Balaibinda anytime.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've stayed at many place here. I have to say, this place was the best. There is attention to detail, and very nicely decorated. It is a calm place to come back to after a day of island hopping. The family who owns this place are such sweet people,and you can see that they know what they are doing. For the price they charge and what you get in return is very fair, unlike many other places in coron town, or actually most. The front desk staff are mediocre, but at least better than most places.

Room Tip: avoid street side
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank muzic4lyfe
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Clean and child friendly since i was travelling with my 2 girls i recommend this hotel very near to everything , resto, at the plaza, souvineer shops are just steps away from the hotel. Complimentary breakfast are included be sure to give your order during the night so that it will not cause you some delay any way i dont have that bad experience there, bed and pillows are soft and comfy, the bathroom work well, and most important the area are clean. Try to check out their penthouse since its in the rooftop i think more view to offer there. The food in this town specially at the resto for tourist who usually eat are a little bit pricey but orders are plenty and for share. you can also ask the hotel if they can prepare a food for you like dinner, and you just buy a fresh seafood in the market just step away from the hotel and let them cook for you just pay for cooking charge.

Room Tip: If you want a quit room choose the courtyard but if you want to see what happening outside choose the roadside, if you want a higher view choose the penthouse.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 14th Anniversary here last March 6, 2013. I found out about Balaibinda Lodge through Agoda.com. Reading through the reviews, the cleanliness and good service, most specially the price, I immediately booked a Roadside Queen, which has decent amenities. But after booking, I messaged the hotel and upgraded to the Penthouse Queen by adding a couple of hundred pesos more, and what a difference that upgrade made during our stay!

Amenities-wise, only the mini refrigerator an a balcony was added in the Penthouse room. But what made the difference for us was the ambiance of the roofdeck, the mini garden right outside our room and the feeling of privacy (there are only two Penthouse rooms, and the other one was vacant on our first night).

The staff were very warm and friendly, always ready with a smile. Me and my wife are both Filipinos from Manila, and although most of their guests that time were foreigners, you can feel that locals are being given nothing less but their best service all throughout your stay.

For improvements, I think they really need to add a room-to-front desk intercom service for the extra things you may need such as additional toiletries, schedule inquiries, breakfast menu changes, and other little things that a mad dash to the first floor may be too inconvenient.

Tip #1 - If one of you will be staying inside the room while the others go around town, make sure someone notifies the front desk that someone will still use the room. I think they have a separate switch for the AC so even if guests don't switch them off, they can remotely shut it down... maybe to conserve energy.

Tip#2 - Before taking a shower (especially in the evening), you might want to have some backup water on a pail provided in every bathroom. There's a regular power outage in Coron and believe me, you don't want to wait more than 5 minutes for the generator to kick-in before you rinse off those shampoo suds in your eyes.

Tip#3 - Free up precious space from your luggage by leaving your beach towels at home. You can rent clean ones there for only Php30.00 each. But if you're a couple, going on an island tour and don't mind walking back to the hotel semi-wet, I would suggest just renting one piece. You'll be walking and swimming the whole day that you wouldn't have time to find a changing room to take a shower and change into your dry clothes.

We'll definitely stay in Balaibinda when we visit Coron again. Next time we'll definitely bring our two kids. There's so much to see in Coron that a few days stay wouldn't be enough. Until then, I hope Balaibinda maintains its charm and change only for the better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RonVelas
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in during the first two weeks of Dec 2012 for four days. Stepping into the hotel, was almost like a world on it's own w/ it's indoor like atrium as part of their lobby. The hotel was well staffed and clean, the room we stayed in (although a bit small) was clean.

Breakfast is inclusive for the duration of your stay but the only thing I can say is that you will be asked every evening for your choice for the next day's breakfast which can be a slight inconvenience. Another plus with staying at this hotel is that you are right in the middle of everything. The market place is just a 30 second walk away, the main pier is w/in a two minute walk and other restaurants are nearby. Also, the staff was very helpful in securing tour guides if necessary. I recommend hiring your own "banca" or boatman and do your own tour for about 1500 php -this is if you want some privacy and tour at your own pace. Overall I would stay at this hotel again, it's a newer hotel and I hope they keep it up!

Room Tip: choose a room in the inner courtyard to avoid the noise from the street
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple