“Rustic Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Fidelis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Casa Fidelis
Ranked #30 of 61 Coron B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Rustic Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

(Note: We went to Coron 1.5 weeks before typhoon Haiyan hit the place in November. We have confirmed with the staff that Casa Fidelis is still open for business and much of Coron's beauty is still intact).

Casa Fidelis is best experienced with the all-in package. The food, transport, entry fees, accommodation and itinerary are taken care for you.

We just showed up at the airport and the Casa Fidelis' staff eased us into a little charming adventure in Coron. My partner and I were brought around scenic beaches and islands around Coron with Casa Fidelis' trusty yellow boat. As Coron is beautiful to begin with, it did not require a lot of effort to love the place.

Casa Fidelis also prepared 3 meals a day for us. It did not matter where we were, be it on an island or a beach. We even had a small grilled lunch at the beautiful and quiet Beach 91. The food can range from excellent to average but we were never once left hungry.

The staff's service level can be rough on the edges but they are genuinely welcoming and concerned about our welfare. As Casa Fidelis is a hidden gem, they do not receive many guests (yet) hence we were treated like VIPs. I was impressed by the staffs' sincerity and their unpretentiousness (e.g. jumping into the sea to swim while waiting for us to finish our snorkeling). This made the trip genuine.

The rooms are not 5 stars rated, they have a damp smell to it and the bathroom does not have running hot water (you get what you paid for). I felt that the highlights of this package are the tours and the joy of exploring Coron in its most raw form. I believe that you will be able to see this too as a guest in Casa Fidelis.

Room Tip: Take a bath early as it will get really chilly in the night! Rooms are basic and they do not present...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AdrianLooi
MirraReyes, Public Relations Manager at Casa Fidelis, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hi Adrian! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It's wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed your stay. Hope all's well in Singapore! You have our warmest regards. Take care and we hope to have you as our guests again!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Marikina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went to Coron towards the end of summer 2013 and some of my friends highly recommended staying at Casa Fidelis and we're absolutely happy that we did! The service (and of course the staff), food, accommodation (is) amazing and more. If you are planning to visit Coron and have booked your days visiting all the beautiful places it has to offer: change it. Leave one day just to hang out at Casa Fidelis. The flora and fauna within and around the place is wonderful and alive! (photographers who are into critters will love it! Specially at night!) We even picked mangoes right off one of their trees and had a feast! Each day that we go out to dive or visit and enjoy other places we are comforted knowing we will be relaxing and spending the night at CF. Critters will sing you good night and birds will gently wake you in the morning. If you haven't experienced Casa Fidelis yet, then I highly recommend it. If you have experienced staying there already then you'll need to experience it all over again! Casa Fidelis is home... only, more cozy... can't wait for the next trip!

Room Tip: Pretty much all the rooms that I've seen here are big.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rpmapiscay
Hey Russel! Thank you so much for writing a review for us. We are delighted to hear that you've enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you as our guests again. Thank you and take care!
Mandaluyong, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Date of Stay: November 16 - 18, 2012

I booked a flight to Coron to celebrate my 24th birthday and 3rd anniversary with my boyfriend. I'm glad I stay at Casa Fidelis for many reasons.

BTW, the package I took was the all-inclusive package (I think)!

1. HASSLE-FREE TRAVEL
They prepare everything for you. Airport transfers, three meals a day, tours, and just basically everything you might need for the trip! I was really hassle-free!! I did not encounter a single problem during my stay there.

2. Rooms and facilities
My boyfriend and I got a special tour of the whole inn and I got to see the other rooms. The room i stayed in was, I think, for a family because there were two king-sized beds. We had a lot of space and the bathroom was spacious. Air-conditioning was good but even without the aircon, the room was cool.

Families can book whole houses/villas with many rooms. :) Can't wait for their Pool to finish! :D

3. Ambiance
If you want real peace and quiet during your trip to Coron, this is the place to be! :) The main road is distant from the inn.

4. Food
The food was glorious!! Three meals a day for three days of really really good food. If you take the same package we took, they ask beforehand if you are allergic to any food so they can prepare a menu that fits you. Their adobong crabs were delicious!

5. Staff
Friendly, warm, courteous, and cheerful people over at Casa Fidelis. They make you feel like you're family. :)

I guess by now, the secret is out! :) photos on my blog: http://greenscorpio.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/24-birthday-celebration-at-coron-palawan/

Room Tip: any room is great. :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kist O
Hi Kist! Thank you very much for this detailed and positive review! It's great to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay in Coron. We hope to have you as our guests again. Thank you and take care!
Dover, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was with my college bestfriend when I visited Coron and we had a really great summer! It was May 2012 & we just finished our summer class in UPLB. It was the perfect time to unwind and relax and pamper ourselves. Casa Fidelis was where we stayed and they had the best accommodation because they will give you the ultimate coron experience-- great food and exciting tours and activities for a reasonable price! The best thing I loved about it was the hustle-bustle free experience which only very few tourist destinations have. It was such a beautiful place and perfect summer getaway to avoid the stress of the city life. That was actually my first time in Palawan and I am definitely going back to the paradise!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lkristinaangela
Hi Kristina! Thank you so much for this review. It's wonderful to hear you've had a pleasant stay with us. Hope to have you as our guest again. Take care!
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

First went here in 2009 and I try to go back as much as I can. Casa Fidelis is a lovely escape from the hustle and bustle of Coron's city proper. The resort is surrounded by lots of tree's and gives off a relaxing atmosphere where you can just get lost within it's surroundings. From walking around the farm, sitting down under a shade of a tree, to going to the suba to take baths within the lake and even just sitting by the hammocks that are situated within various spots within the resort.

The staff are amazing and super friendly as well. They really will show you around and will show you why Palawan is such a breathetaking destination to go to. They will show you how exactly is Coron to them and how they call it home and what it is to them. You won't have a problem about the transportation either whether by boat or by land. The beaches they've brought me to are one my favorite beaches where the sand is so fine, the waters are so clear and the sunsets really hit close to home. They offer lunches by the boat where they serve amazing food over a stop where you can snorkel to or over the tropical shoreline.

One of the best places I've visited and I definitely want to head back here for sure. My only regret is having to leave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank oceanlint
Hi Nicole! Thank you for this posting a review for us. It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your stays. We hope to have you as our guest in the near future. Thank you again and take care!
Antipolo City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Casa Fidelis is much like Coron as a destination: quaint, rustic, charming, untouched, relaxing. The resort does its best to provide a wonderful, hassle-free vacation by arranging everything - transportation, tours, food, etc. They have their own vans and boats to take you around Coron, and they design the itinerary to suit your needs and preferences.

It's owned and run by the Reyes family, a warm and friendly bunch who not only offers board and lodging, but also hearty food (their crab dish is a must-try!) and good conversation. The rooms are spacious, clean and well-equipped, a place where you can comfortably rest after a day exploring Coron's hotspots.

Coron is picture-perfect from every angle, especially the sea. You'd be hopping from one sublime spot to another. There is no beach near the accommodations where you can swim, but the management arranges so many spectacular sights (beaches, snorkeling/diving spots, lakes, hot springs) that you won't want for anything else when you get home at the end of the day. (There is a cool mangrove area nearby where you can kayak and get a fun upper body workout.) You will certainly get the best of Coron here, and at a reasonable price!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Celia N
Hello and thank you very much for writing a review for us. It's wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us and the beautiful sites that Coron offers! We hope to have you as our guests again. Take care!
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Casa Fidelis is more than a Guest House : we decided to go for their "all in one hassle free package" so we did not have to think about any organization during our stay. We agreed on the program before our arrival, so all we had to do there was to enjoy. To enjoy the peaceful place, the nice staff (even if, except the owners, they do not really speak English), the wonderful bancas rides, the beautiful beaches, the amazing snorkel, the delicious food and much more!

We stayed there for 4 days at the end of our Philippines holidays and it was just perfect! The rooms were huge and clean. The area is really nice, you feel like being in a tropical garden and even if the resort is not right on the beach, they drive you to town or to their boat. We went islands hoping 3 of the 4 days and it really worth it! They bring the food for lunch and you can enjoy the grilled fish and meat on beautiful beaches! During the snorkel sessions we saw some of the most beautiful corals we have ever seen!

So if you want a different experience from the “traditional” resorts with private access to nice beaches or swimming pool you may opt for Casa Fidelis and its staff who will make you discover the islands around just as if you were part of the family!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Slecbu
Hello and thank you so much sharing your experiences in Casa Fidelis! It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you as guests again. Take care and we extend our warmest regards!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coron
Kaba-Kaba
Sunrise Pension House
#28 of 61 in Coron
Busuanga Island Paradise
Coron Gateway Hotel & Suites

Been to Casa Fidelis? Share your experiences!