We booked this apartment for 7 nights, but decided to only stay one. This was through no fault of the hotel but rather we wanted a more comfortable / relaxing environment after diving. As this was prepaid, we decided to keep the room as a base in town and moved to Sophia's Garden for the rest of the duration.
To be fair, we should have informed the hotel of this, but as they keep the key at reception (you are not allowed to take it with you) and we had already paid, so we didn't.
The main issues occurred when we attempted to check out a few days early. As we hadn't been back for a few days, our room was gone and they refused to give us our deposit back. Their excuse was that "it went towards our bill", which had already been paid - in full and upfront.
They said to come back the following day. Again the shop front manager refused to refund us the deposit. Now they tell us we should have let them know we were not there, and that's why we wouldn't get our deposit back - we informed them it was our business whether we come or go and they were being ridculous. We stood firm and told them to stoping making excuses, as our stay was paid for upfront.
The shop front manager called the operation manager, a lady, and handed me the phone. I could not hear her very well on the mobile line, but we explained the whole story again. It wasn't until I threatened to call them thieves on travel advisor that after a third visit they refunded the deposit. (All 7 nights were paid for and we were not asking for this, only the security deposit of 500 peso; it was our decision not to stay)
By the third visit to get the deposit I was worried they were going to call in people, so I went alone. They didn't, I got my security deposit and an appology for the misunderstanding. We were annoyed at how they continued to make excuses refund our deposit and wasted our time.
Location, clean and affordable.
The Bad ( I don't trust these guys):
- on the first day we did stay there, I ordered one beer and gave the girl 500 pesos. After 10 minutes I had to ask for my change. It took another 5 minutes for it come back.
- We were told the security deposit went towards our bill, which was already prepaid for.
Simply put, the hotel was presented as advertised, but staff left us feeling very uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Coron Ecolodge! This modestly designed boutique hotel located along the quiet street of Calle Real is a welcome surprise for many of its guests. From its creamy interiors, wooden accents, a glass panelled lobby that allows the natural light to bask the interiors in a golden glow, down to the colourful wooden accents of the trademark geckos and stingrays crafted by local artisans …everything about Coron Ecolodge speaks of an attention to detail that takes their guests’ comfort and needs in mind. Everything you need in town from the local municipality, banks, laundry, bakery, a handicraft store and even a small parlor and spa, are just a short walk away.Each of only 21 simple but well-designed 15 square meter air-conditioned rooms has 2 standard double beds, wooden clothes cabinet, Cable TV, private bath with hot and cold shower and 2 towels which are replenished daily upon guests’ request. A generator and deep well is on hand to serve as back-up 24-7. The Calle Real Bistro provides Wi-Fi free of charge and unlimited coffee to its guests.But perhaps what makes Coron Ecolodge stand out more than anything else is the exemplary customer service. From arrival to departure, our staff eagerly and sincerely extends assistance to the guests for a myriad number of requests-from tour coordination, bookings and inquiries, planning for a special occasion (even a marriage proposal), advise on where to go or where to eat, care when you’re feeling under the weather, getting your clothes to a laundry shop, even purchasing the requisite pasalubong of lamayo for which Palawan is known for, nothing is too small to help guests with. And they do it all with a smile! Because at Coron Ecolodge…it truly is a pleasure to be of service.No wonder Trip Advisor ranks Coron Ecolodge best value-for-money hotel in town. Just 2 years old, Coron Ecolodge has proven to be a popular draw for budget yet value-conscious and savvy travelers. And the good news is, its sister establishment, Casa is opening very soon to meet the demand for quality rooms and service at an affordable price. Come to Coron Ecolodge. And experience what it’s like to be truly made welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Coron Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coron Ecolodge Palawan Island