Cashew Grove Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Club Paradise Palawan(Dimakya Island)
Busuanga Bay Lodge(Concepcion)
Great 4.5/5
Huma Island Resort & Spa(Dicilingan Island)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsapo reefthe cottagesbit off the beaten trackrecently spent daysadventurous holidayhighly recommend the islandtoes in the sanddive centreisland hoppingswim up barlow tideget away from it alllocal diveoutdoor bathroomprivate poolcalauit safariromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had booked a 2 weeks dive package at the Dugong Dive Center. The first 9 nights we stayed at the Cashew Grove the last 7 nights at the Club Paradise so we can compare both very well. As it was low season we were basically the only guests.
The place is great for people trying to escape the loud world. We did not miss the internet or phone connection. That´s why we came here to Busuanga, for diving and silence. And we got both in a perfect way. The staff took us out for activities in the village and we spent time with the locals as "special" guests. Very funny indeed. So our stay there was like being part of a family and we enjoyed that to a high degree.
The food was ok, the chef is still learning but doing a good job. But who goes there for the food? And we were smiling about some reviews and their problems with frogs and bats and whatever. Yes, they are there, but we slept like babies under the mosquito net. That´s called nature my friends...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 555klausb
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and myself stayed there in June as part of our honeymoon throughout Palawan. After spending two nights at Club Paradise, we found the simplicity and quietness exactly what we wanted.

Compared to our hotels in El Nido, Coron Town and Paradise Island, this place was great value. I loved the romantic cottages. Although there were a few little frogs, I got over it very quickly. I was "glamping" (glamour + camping) and had everything I needed.

The staff was very attentive. I loved the dogs and family atmosphere.

Though, I do agree that the rates for food were steep and tasty. Food was typically adobo, tuna sandwhiches and sinagong.

Thank you Cashew Staff! Say hello to handsome Jens for us!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank missjenise
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We had booked our stay for 6 nights at cashew grove while travelling through the Philippines.
Honestly, I was very disappointed.
The prices we were paying was far too high for Asia especially and for what we got while there. The meals were especially ridiculously expensive for what you get.You don't have a choice then to book your meals along with your package as there is nothing around that you could possibly get to. Even though its a "3 course meal" you have 3 options for your main course which is usually chicken, fish and some other kind of seafood. Dessert is always fruit. We weren't impressed by the food, sometimes just ate it cuz we didn't have an option.
Cashew Grove is located on a very remote part of Palawan. It takes about an hours drive ( on very bumpy dirt roads) to get there.
The rooms are little cabana type houses with an outside washroom connected to each room.
The bugs!! OMG! The gekcos, the enormous spiders, roaches,the bats and their babies in the roof, and the bats pooing all over the washroom at night. I have to say I did not enjoy sleeping there, hardly slept. This was one place I actually couldn't wait to leave.
It is VERY quiet.
There is no TV and the Internet only works in the main dining area- if it works, in our case it hardly did.
I was supposed to do my dive course there, but the water in the pool was so murky I wasn't able to and did it out in the ocean instead.
Their beach is nothing spectacular.There is so much sea grass that it makes it almost impossible to snorkel unless you swim way out.
Now, a boat ride away there is Paradise Island- which is a literal paradise! They have their own house reef which is beautiful. Their beaches are gorgeous stretches of white sand and crystal clear blue waters.
My dive instructor took us there to do our dives, and I didn't want to leave. There is a resort on the island that is quite pricey, but there's nothing like a good night of rest! We ended up staying at the resort for 2 nights though we had booked Cashew Grove as well. We later worked out something for the payments. I think we still had to pay half for the nights we didn't stay.
Overall, I would not stay at Cashew Grove again. We chose it from the reviews here on Trip Advisor actually. I am now writing mine to hopefully knock the place down a knotch. I think there are other options which could be far better and where you get your money's worth. Remember you are in Asia, you can get some spectacular places for the same money which we later found out.
The one plus though is the staff. They are great! Very warm and kind.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Ai G
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Warm and very nice service, but the foods and rooms are not value for money actually. The prices for breakfast, lunch and dinner are same, but the foods are depend on the number of persons in their resort. We lived there for watching dugong, but unfortionaly just saw it on the surface.

The picking up service is really great!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe L
Reviewed May 22, 2013

To begin with, do not go there if you want to party and go clubbing. If that is your mission Palawan is not the right place, go to Boracay instead. However, me and my friends went there to dive and have a good relaxing time in between Manila and Boracay. The location of Cashew Grove is pristine , set by a private beach and is built up of cottages. This is a very clean establishment and the cottages are small but very cozy. The restaurant and bar is small, cozy and again do not expect crazy parties! The staff is EXCELLENT and they really try to do their utmost to make you feel at home and relaxed. Diving in Palawan is good lot of options and I will go back one day to try the other sites out. I had a cottage with no AC which was ok, but I do advise you to have one with a AC. For couples and families this is a perfect spot, for a group of friends it is also nice but a bit hard to go for a party but we managed some 4 man parties by the bar and the staff seemed to have a good time trying to mix new things. Go there you will not forget it.

Room Tip: Choose a cottage with a AC.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends