AL FARO Cosmio Hotel Palawan
  • Bar/Lounge
$62
$57
  • Beachfront
Sunz En Coron Resort(Coron)(Great Value!)
$32
$513
$437
  • Pool
All reviewstower roompass islandsteep walkingbedroom and bathroomhalf wallisland hoppingrock lobsterbeautiful baylazy daysinfinity poolsunset drinksday bedbusuanga bay lodgesan migueldel solhotel poolduring happy hour
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We only stayed one night in Al Faro- unfortunately! It was so wonderful. The different rooms are all in little cottages and spread around the hilltop like a village. We hung out at the almost infinity-like pool, enjoyed the view over the islands (as the hotel is on top of a hill) and had delicious food - they even had muesli for breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2013

After an incredible trip with Tao Philippines, my travelmates and I stayed at Al Faro for four nights. And as it turns out, so did a handful of our new friends from Tao. Al Faro was the perfect place to relax after our expedition. Wonderful service, stunning surroundings, and a great workout every time you walk up that hill. The place is so humble and charming, it was nearly impossible to leave.

Definitely miss everything about it, even the geckos that sing you to sleep!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sashax415
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Al Faro Lodge has an amazing location on top of a hill overlooking Busuanga Bay and all the islands out to sea. Watching the sunset from the pool while sipping on a cold mango smoothie - well, it doesn't get much better. The hosts are lovely and genuine people. Jimmy is charming and full of interesting ideas, while his wife Ninita - also warm & friendly - makes sure everything is running smoothly. Our visit coincided with Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda. Staff members got the place back in shape in about 2 days. Very impressive!
A little paradise for the weary of spirit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KiwiJackie
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I very much looked forward to enjoy a X-mas visit to the unique looking Al Faro and received offer of a 4 night package from the hotel. However following my confirmation I received no reply for almost 3 weeks. When I after several emails finally received an answer it turned out that the room they have offered me was gone.

A normal booking should only take a few clicks. This involved many emails from my side. I tried to ask for a reasonable explanation but received none, not even an apology. Disappointing to say the least. I do sincerely hope that the hotel has weathered the Yolanda well. I'm leaving this review to encourage the owners to improve their booking process and not promise something that they cannot deliver.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank reeop
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I went to dine here. We did not stay overnight, but i would have loved to.
The host, Jimmy, is one of lifes characters.He reminded me of Ozzy Osborne in his demeanor, until you get to know him, Jimmy is more intelligent and you can have a good conversation with him. His wife is special too.The staff were warm & friendly.
The views are wonderful and we had several drinks lounging in the infinity pool watching the sunset then shower and dine. It was served at a relaxed pace.I hate being rushed when I am enjoying myself.
The food was excellent, especially after eating local dishes which I could not finish due to their ingredients.The best meal & service we had in Coron.
The place was squeaky clean.

Room Tip: Go & eat there. You will not be disappointed
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple