“Warm and friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Coron Villa Hermosa
Ranked #32 of 73 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Villa Hermosa is a lovely little family run guest house. The rooms are good value for money, plenty of room, comforable beds and good quality bathroom. That being said what makes Villa Hermosa more than just another guesthouse is Susan the owner. She is a wealth of information and is more than happy to help, suggesting things to do and places to go, but not forcing in-house tours on us like some guesthouses will. My wife got sick during our stay and Susan went out of her way to be helpful, bringing her Cinnamon and Honey tea frequently. Wouldn't stay anywhere else on a return visit to Coron.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Matthew S

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Have you been to a hotel where you pay for a 1 star price but you're treated like you're staying in a 5 star hotel? If you haven't and you're in Coron, Philippines, then you have to stay in Villa Hermosa.

The hotel, located exactly at the center of town, is walking distance to every possible amenities that you will need in your stay throughout this remote island. It's proximity to eateries, dive centers, the local market and to the pier is a thumbs up if you're looking for a convenient access. Despite being at the center, the noises from the hustle and bustle of the streets are rarely heard, with the minimal occasional karaoke singers that can be heard should you stay during a festival session.

The rooms of this hotel is very interesting. A fast glance would suggest that it might have been poorly maintained, but upon closer inspection, you will realise that it was deliberately done so. The walls of the hotel were build around a tree and instead of cutting the tree, it was build in a way that the hotel is integrated with the tree itself. The owner of this hotel, Susan De La Rosa, is an avid environmentalist that uses all manner of natural products or recycled products to design the hotel. You will notice that the rooms are made out of screwpine leafs with construction waste to help minimize the environmental impact from the other construction debris.

Furthermore, during the trip, a friend of mine was having diarrhoea as a result of wrongly eaten food from outside and the owner, Mdm. Susan was very attentive to his needs and have personally delivered ginger tea along with the local remedy to ease his sickness. It is a very rare thing to have personal attention from a hotel owner in any country.

Should you have plans to visit Coron and would like to be on budget but be treated very well, Villa Hermosa is definitely the best place to stay.

p/s: Ask Mdm. Susan about her green-hotel concept. You will be surprised!

Room Tip: Some rooms have toilets in it. As it's a budget hotel, the smell of the water from the toilet du...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012

When I first arrived to Coron I waked into this guest house, but left within minutes as no one seemed to care.
I just wanted a room for a few nights, the service was terrible so I left. Noboby seed to care that I was standing waiting for 15mins.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank on_da_edge
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hello! I take some time to write a review today, since I had such a great experience at Villa Hermosa! I was traveling alone, I am a female, 35 years old, and I read some good comments about that place. I went and I was not disappointed! Actually, I have to say that this place is really awesome because of the owner Susan and her great co-worker Lecian :) As soon as I got there, they help me to book my Bangka trip for the next day, they recommanded me nice place to go for eating, etc...
When you are traveling alone, it feels good to have someone to talk with, that can share with you and I have to say that Susan and Lecian were great!
Also, very well located, not far from the port and the nightlife. I recommand that place!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Marie-Claude G
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Best value for money for all the great reasons other reviewers mentioned. But you'll miss what makes this place stand out from any other place you'll stay anywhere in the world, not just Coron, if you don't spend at least an hour chatting with Susan. She's a thoughtful business person, talented artist, and great friend to have around for how ever long you stay. I only had the chance to stay a night, but it capped a great week in Palawan and left a lasting impression.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tigerduke
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Villa Hermosa is a very good place in Coron. Cheap. Weel situated, this place is quite small (4 or 5 rooms I think). You feel like at home. The room we had was with aircon, very very clean, quite large and with separated toilets and shower.
The best think is the welcoming of Susan, fluent in English, she will give you all the best advices for the area.
You can go closed eyes!

Alex (France)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank alexisscheid
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at Villa Hermosa for about 1 week in March 2011. It served as a base for my scuba diving trips of the Japanese WWII shipwrecks in Coron. I reserved the booking before the trip as it seemed that accommodations are limited in Coron where booking in advance is required at this time of year -- which I later confirmed to be the case when meeting other travelers when on the ground in Coron. Even before leaving, I found it odd that I was asked to pay 100% of the week's stay to confirm and hold the reservation. At most, I could understand booking the first night as an un-refundable deposit, but it seemed to be too much to demand full payment upfront. In any case, the reviews were positive on TripAdvisor where I went ahead with the booking. I had brief correspondence with the owner (Susan), who had said that she has had cancellations in the past where this was a method for her to guarantee bookings.

The guesthouse is small -- I believe 6 rooms total. It had about 50% occupancy for the week, with the biggest rooms (5 persons) empty. I expect that she has low overhead costs given the place is so small, and the rates are at the levels that they are.

It's located right in the center of the town, which makes it convenient to access dive centers, convenience stores, restaurants, and bars. At the rate that I paid, I think that overall, it did not represent good value compared to other places in the Philippines -- however, it was fair value compared to Coron as lodging seems relatively high. I could have paid about US$10 less per night (50% of what I was paying at Villa Hermosa) and been quite uncomfortable at the other guesthouses.

Pluses are the family-style environment where Susan and her staff look after your every needs and inquiries, the fruit available around the clock, clean-but-simple guest rooms, and the comfortable dining area where you could read and work on computer when taking a break from the diving action.

Negatives are the lack of WIFI internet when offered by most other guesthouses, and location on the street where motorbike traffic gets noisy in the early morning. Also, the helpers were observed to be mopping the floors with dirty water, which seems to defeat the purpose. There was a dog and baby goat in the common areas throughout my stay - both pets of the owner -- it felt like living in a farm sometimes. Also, the shared bathroom had food in the common sink for 2 days, like it was being prepared prior to cooking -- seafood, and the sort -- flies started to gather, where the food disappeared one afternoon.

Only other advice is that I met another guest who was a walk-in -- he had paid at the same rate as I did, however, had the option to deduct 100 pesos (US$2.25) -- I would recommend this option as the breakfast was not impressive where you could do much better at the local restaurants.

Overall, recommended for the relative options available in Coron from the other other guest houses.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo