“Villa Hermosa.... a place with a heart...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Coron Villa Hermosa
Ranked #37 of 65 Coron B&B and Inns
Antipolo City, Philippines
“Villa Hermosa.... a place with a heart...”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and 5 days for our honeymoon in Coron. This place is very accessible from the market, port, tour agencies and restaurants. It's in the heart of the town. Aside from that, the best thing about this place is how accommodating, polite and warm the staff and Ms. Susan (the owner) are. They made us feel at home. They assisted us in every thing we need and honestly answered our questions about the tours we have to take. Ms. Susan even took her time and brought us to Corong Galeri which offers the cheapest tour rates in town (as low as 650 with lunch and entrance fees to different destinations). We were even allowed to cook our own food in their kitchen, which saved us some money. We even got the chance to learn more about Coron and about life every time we were able to sit down and chat with Ms. Susan. At the end of our stay we gained a new friend.

We really enjoyed our stay in Villa Hermosa. When we go back to Coron, we will absolutely stay in this wonderful bed and breakfast. This may not be a five star hotel but this place has a HEART....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Erryne_Froilan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at Villa Hermosa twice in February and it was like a home away from home. Susan is a wonderful host and will go out of her way to make you feel at home. We stayed in one of the larger rooms, with two double beds and cable television and AC. The room was exceptionally clean and fresh smelling. The linen was also fresh...something rare in these humid climes. Cold water shower but that is all you need in the hot weather. Right in the center of Coron and walking distance to everywhere. Small breakfast is included with the big room. We would definitely stay here again. Some street noise in the evening and mornings, but quiet at night....no roosters next door :-)

Room Tip: Get the big room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stretke
Paris, France
Reviewed January 25, 2012

A very nice place with clean rooms. Rooms are quite big. You can choose to have a room with your bathroom inside. Breakfast is included in the price. You meet the other guests during breakfast as you all eat at the same table. It is very friendly!
Very good location, 2 mins from the sea.
And Susan, the owner, is such a nice lady! Always there to have a chat with you, to recommend some restaurants, day-trips,...
The place to stay in Coron!!

2 Thank Berthille J
Puerto Princesa
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The accessible location renders most town attractions and services you may need within walking distance. You can easily feel the local character of the town by sitting on the porch and observing the activities on the street. The rooms (I’ve slept in all of them!) are clean and spacious, and the staff are accommodating.
Before or after the day’s tour, you may opt to do other things you can only do at Villa Hermosa: walk Baby the dog to the park, feed Billy the goat with banana peel, or catch a falling ripe mango from the tree at the sidewalk (Done ‘em all!). Best of all, you can talk with the lovely owner Susan about almost anything under the sun. She can even make you well, as she did when I once caught the flu from the island.
I’m a regular since I discovered Villa Hermosa almost 2 years ago, it’s always “Nice to see you again Susan!”

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shane C
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Villa Hermosa in Coron is definitely a wonderful place that is run by a wonderful woman with her wonderful heart. We spent 3 nights at this lodge, and it was one of our best moments in our life. It might be sounds too much, but that's the facts.
The lodge location is right in the heart of the town, it's in a walking distance from the port / loading dock and the market. Make it a perfect place to stay. The room is very nice, we had the biggest room in the lodge. It is spacious , has it's own bath room, has TV inside, and it's affordable! They also had a various choice of breakfast.
Despite the perfect rooms and the lodge itself, the owner of the lodge is the greatest thing. She is a nurturing helpful person, she helped us arranging tour around the island and give us helpful advise.
Thank you so much for the everything. We do hope to come back again soon Ate Susan :)

1 Thank chikadjati
Takahashi, Japan
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I went with my friend to this small island and she had arranged all the travel accommodations. We were picked up at the airport and then whisked away to Tita Susan's cute little place. Super easy to find at night, thanks to the christmas lights and sign hanging off of the entrance.

We were lucky and got the bedroom with two beds; space is limited here since there are only five rooms, and I like my friend but I like having my own bed more.

The thing I liked the most is that I felt super safe here. My friend and I returned really late one night (from Helldivers, which turned out to be our nightly retreat spot thanks to their good drinks and free wifi) and we found one of the guys waiting for us at the entrance when we got back. It was a really nice touch.

The rooms are pretty clean, though, if you can avoid throwing trash away here, especially if you're staying for a while or if it's food, I'd recommend doing so. For the duration of your stay, they don't really come in to the rooms to clean, so we actually got a cockroach one night. I guess ants and bugs are sort of almost expected when you're on an island like Coron, but an older me would have freaked out at the number of ants I saw crawling on my stuff and bed.

I only have two minor complaints about this place (other than the unavoidable bugs). One was that our toilet had several cracks in it. We decided to tough it out rather than complain about it, but man, going to the bathroom in our own rooms was painful (so sometimes I would use the public toilets).
The second was that sound travels fairly easily here, so come equipped with earplugs or an iPod. We weren't sure if it was just because there are a lot of animals on the island or what, but every morning I woke to cats yowling really loudly. Ah, island life.

That being said, everyone was super friendly, the breakfast was really tasty, and the advice and tips offered for where to travel and stuff were pretty spot on. Plus there was an AC in the room. Hooray for AC! The place is also super close to the market, Xpedition, and Seadives, where you can find wifi haha. Overall, a pretty nice place :)

2 Thank Jessica S
Busuanga Island, Philippines
Reviewed December 15, 2011

A wonderful place located 2 roads behind the seaside.. quiet, clean, nice and more than all - conducted by wonderful Susan De La Rosa, who was always there for us to care, chat and just to smile her big and wonderful smile... this place worth every single peso and even more, and Susan's tips are helpful and useful!!! A quiet peace of heaven you won't regret you entered to...

Thank you Susan for everything!!!

Moshiko & Hadas, Israel.