“Good crew facilities and guides”
Review of Reggae Dive Center

Reggae Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Coron
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went out for a day trip with these guys and had no major issues. The boat was small as it was a hire boat rather than the big one but they was only 3 of us anyway. I got a bit sick on the boat and helped out from the captain which was a good touch. Gear was ok.

Recommend

1  Thank dahenchman
rocksteadydivecenter, Manager at Reggae Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. Sadly we were already fully booked on your dive day, but we will keep in mind for the furture to rent better dive boats.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We passed our Open Water PADI in El Nido just before arriving in Coron, and thought we're try a day diving shipwrecks. Rocksteady was recommended to us by a fellow traveller, so we decided to go with them. Maybe we've been unlucky, as all other reviews are really good, but our experience wasn't. As beginners, we didn't really want to dive too deep, but were told that for shipwreck it was necessary to go deeper than 18m. So we expected to go deep, but didn't expect to have to go inside the wrecks... With only 5 dives under our belt, it was really daughting to have to go through litle passages to get inside the wreck, everything was dark, and as we're still getting to grips with our buoyancy, I kept bumping my head. The dive master didn't seem too worried even though we had told him we were beginners,he didn't even ask us if we felt comfortable going in...
I also found their equipment quite old, and not well serviced, my regulator was broken, so had to dive using the octopus. Had my buddy been in trouble during the dive, I wouldn't even have been able to share air with him. The diving boots my boyfriend used were ripped, and mine were 2 size too big... O ring also had to be replaced just before I went down for the second dive...
We might have been unlucky that day, and I won't let it put me off diving...

6  Thank vadjima
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A big thanks to the owner, staff, and my dive master Wizard for a truly memorable experience. I spent 3 days diving the wrecks in Coron with them in October 2012. Everyone was extremely friendly,professional, and the amount of personal attention that I received from them was excellent. While not as big as some of the other dive shops, I felt Rocksteady put quality over quantity. I realized this and was compelled to write this review after making a return trip to Coron at the end of December 2012. The group I was with decided to dive with a competing company (SeaDive), but the level of service with them was seriously lacking in my opinion. Any future dives I make in Coron will be with Rocksteady.

1  Thank I_am_IanMan
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I thought planning my dive trip to Coron was going to be stressful as I knew absolutely no one that had been there. So surfing scubaboard.com and tripadvisor.com, Rocksteady popped up frequently. A good first impression is when I received a reply to my first email within just a few hours. Considering the 14 hour time difference, that initial quick response was a relief. The excellent communication with Kiran continued as I arranged my dive schedule and PADI Wreck Specialty certification. Including flight time and stops, I had been traveling for about 31 hours to get to Coron. I arrived at the hotel at 12 PM and my room was not ready. No problem because Rock Steady was very accommodating and had arranged diving for 2 PM on my arrival day. Dropped my luggage at the hotel and was on the tricycle to Rocksteady dive center for two fantastic dives, great dive master Tom, Filipino lunch, and an excellent bangka boatman Ronnie. First day dive at Barracuda Lake, then Twin Peaks reef. On the boat were just me and the crew. So the long travel was well worth it. The well-coordinated diving continued throughout the remainder of my experiences with Rocksteady. I am married to a beautiful Filipina and have been conditioned to Filipino schedules being at least 1 hour later than the scheduled time. Rocksteady was on-time and on schedule for diving, no indication of my wife’s timing. 8-)
Having dived in several countries throughout Asia and the Caribbean I do keep an eye on safety and equipment. So I always bring my own gear. Observing the gear provided to divers, it all looked in pretty good shape. Safe dives are conducted as the dive masters conducted good briefings and frequently signal for pressure and no deco time. A deco tank is dropped at every wreck site. A giant stride off the bangka for entry into the water and a strong stable ladder makes exits easy. The diver to divemaster ratio is really good as I observed no more than 3 divers assigned to a dive master. For my wreck specialty, instructor Thomas was very thorough in the briefings and hand signals. He did an excellent job of explaining the specifics about wreck diving. The dives were conducted safely as he made sure all necessary equipment was rigged and operating. The penetrations we made were conducted safely and he was attentive during the siltout/no vis skill. It was comforting to see Thomas waiting for me to emerge from the silt cloud with the reel in my hand.
Diving the wrecks of Coron is fantastic!! Words cannot describe the experience of swimming through this part of history. You just need to do it. I was able to complete 9 dives in 4 days with Rocksteady and I will be going back in a couple of years.

Thanks to all the staff at Rocksteady for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank gort888
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited Coron at the end of July 2012.

After completing my open water in fairly inadequate diving centre in Bali, I was determined to find a dive shop with high levels of professionalism and safety. Rocksteady was the perfect choice.

Karen,Thomas and all of the staff are incredibly friendly and well experienced, they will make you feel comfortable and make sure that you complete every dive to the safest degree. My instructor Angie was wonderfully helpful and informative, and was great to dive with.

Thomas is an excellent instructor who rigorously helped my girlfriend undertake her open water course with the utmost concern for safety and accuracy in each task. Whilst she felt nervous beforehand, she was quickly confident in the water with Thomas' assistance.

Friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Rocksteady is the best dive shop in Coron!