Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse
$80
$94
$83
  • Breakfast included
Sunz En Coron Resort(Coron)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Beachfront
$517
$434
  • Pool
All reviewsdaddy catdipping poolhome away from homeguest housemini poolplace to stayhot showerother guestsisland hoppingclean roomssolo travellerdrinking waterbudget travellersper nightdefinitely stay here againspent nightssouvenir shops
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at May/June 2013 for 4 nights! We found out about it on trip advisor and saw great ratings and reviews of which we are happy to confirm and add to!!
We were very lucky to get a last min booking and would have stayed longer if it wasn't booked out, a credit to the popularity of the place and the fact that it only has limited space , which is what makes it fantastic! Very simple , but all that you need to take advantage of your AMAZING experience in Coron! Everybody is sooo nice and helpful , it's like being part of a family there! Look forward to staying again!
Cheers guys
Mike & Lola

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thanks Tezz, Patrik, Tezz,s Mum, Cindy, Dog, Cat and you too ("part of the woodwork")Max for making feel so welcome. Its a budget hotel and they dont advertise it any other way. Its clean, simple as well as charming. Walking through the front gate feels kinda like going home after a long day of diving or island hopping. I was there for 4 nights and for 600 peso(deluxe room:)) i could not have asked for better. I did get waken most mornings by Elvis Presley from next door, but it was better than the sound of my alarm clock and knew it was time to get up and go and enjoy beautifull Coron Bay. looking forward to going back there in a year or 2 to check out the extensions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2013

just got home from CORON actually, me and my cousin stayed here for 4days and 3nights May 20-23, the staff were very warm and welcoming,even though they were quite busy they still showed us true Hospitality, the service was hats off thanks to Bunso, everyone treated us like FAMILY and that was the best part, a HOME away from home is what it is, friendly smiles, great stories, lots of Heart warming advice from Mama, GOOD VIBES, ISLAND LIFE at it's BEST, thank you guys very much and I hope to come back soon enough!! i miss it already!

Room Tip: all of the rooms have nice ambiance so any room is nice to sleep in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2013

So here's a (sort of) disclaimer, I am not a snob, but I am picky. If you are VERY picky, you might want to look some place else for accommodations. The group being on a budget relieves me of that privilege. I have to admit that Patrik&Tezz Guesthouse wasn't my first choice but overall I'M GLAD THE GROUP DECIDED ON THIS PLACE. I was happy and impressed enough that I would recommend the guesthouse to friends (or anyone who is traveling on a budget).

The first thing you need to know is that the whole place is built on stilts (thus, my initial ... inhibitions). It rests above salt water but the structure is actually pretty solid. The house is made of native materials and since we're going about the specifics there are 5 rooms all-in-all but only 4 are available for guests (one is used by the family), shared toilet and bath but separate ones for male and female, shared living area with TV and fridge, and a sort of terrace in front where the guests also eat their breakfasts. They also have an adorable cat and a huge but actually very friendly pitbull. It didn't bother me much that they didn't have aircon I guess because we we're out the whole day anyway and the temp wasn't so bad at night.

Now, other than affordable, the guest house was quaint, warm, and homey. I think it's the fact that they hardly have any staff that makes a guest feel welcome. The owners and their family runs the whole place so you get to talk to them and they actually take care of your needs themselves. They are nice people and very easy to talk to about what you need or just about anything else. We particularly enjoyed our little breakfast chat on our last day with Tezz and her mom. I love that they have small signs all over the place with rules and reminders. It was very cute, to say the least, but mostly, it keeps people in check. Being a small place there will be little room to gallivant about so you just have to be sensitive about other guests. I think the signs (and the fact that Tezz lays down the rules when you get there :p) help a lot.

So there, it's not 5-star quality but the thing I liked most about the stay is the experience. Again, I would recommend this to travelers and friends ... although, since the place is made of native materials and the walls are thin and the house is built on stilts, do not be surprised if you wake up at 4am with the whole house rocking that consistent kind of rock accompanied by funny noises from the other room ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bitter_thirteen
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse 2 weeks 2012 and decided to come back 2013 to do my dive Master with Rocksteady. Been staying here on and off for 2 months now and they have become like my extended famliy now.
With only 4 rooms and 500pesos per night it feels very safe and homey. There is always someone to help if needed and a hot shower early morning before going diving is a big + :).
Will definately come back again and again since its not every day you come by such cool people and affordable place as Patrik & Tezz.

If you are on a budget with high standards this is it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo