“The best guest house we've ever been.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 61 Coron B&B and Inns
Ashhurst, New Zealand
“The best guest house we've ever been.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We think we got the best possible fully inclusive package for a family of 8 (which included a child) at Patrik and Tezz's. It felt like home but in the paradise known as the Coron Islands. There was always someone looking after us (you can't get this in a 5 star hotel). The house was always clean, especially the bathroom, and the price we paid covered everything - two breakfasts, one seafood lunch on Banol beach (a bonus), all the entrance fees to island hopping and bath on mount Tapias' hot spring (was also a bonus) Even better, all the pick ups to and from the airport rounded off a great package deal. Because we were a family of 8 the bangka or pump boat was our own.
We found that the verandah was the best place to hang out. It was also great to chat with Patrick and Tezz, Miss Ely, Bunso and Rachel because they were so lovely to talk to. Thank you so much. We can't wait to stay here again. We would highly recommended this as a holiday venue for everyone- a group, family, office outings or even a single person because the people there were just so nice.
Thank you Patrik and Tezz .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ilovenature_12

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here on Nov17-20 and we think it was the best place we can have since we are budget travellers. We didn't just receive enough for what we paid for- we were given more than what we expected! For the price you pay, one cannot expect so much but this place has just everything you needed - from the hot and cold shower, clean place/rooms though not airconditioned are comfortable and clean enough, hot water for coffee and noodles, cable TV and ref you can share with other guests plus the perfect hosts! We had the VIP treatment and we were really taken good cared of, one thing you cannot have from other fancy hotels and inns. Over all, our trip in Coron was one of the best we had so far! Hassle free and good deal for your money!

Room Tip: Make a reservation, and read the reviews and notes in their website so you can already have an idea...
1 Thank graceycute09
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I prefer to squeeze the heck out of my budget when I travel and my stay at Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse made sure that I could get a few extra drops out of it. After a long day of enjoying the enchanting sights from the surrounding islands of Coron, all I really need is a shower and nice, clean and peaceful place to crash for the night. For a budget/backpacking trip you get more than the basics with hot shower, clean towels, drinking water, hot water for your coffee, wifi, cable tv and a fridge to store your booze in the common room. The place is homey and the hosts are very friendly. If you need help making arrangements for your tour, Patrik and Tezz will help you get in touch with the right people so you won’t get ripped off. But, what I enjoyed most during my stay is chatting with the other guests and with the hosts along with their pets, Mushé (is this right?) and Daddy Cat, over a few bottles of beer. Thanks a lot for the wonderful stay.

2 Thank FrancisAguilar
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for 6 days (October 31 - November 5, 2012). Patrik and Tess Guesthouse is one of those places where you get the most out of your limited budget. This place is highly recommended for travelers like me who doesn't want to spend a fortune but still enjoy the beautiful and enchanting Islands of Coron and Calamian Island group. It may not have the looks and ambiance of a five star island accommodation, but heck, who needs it anyway when you just want a nice, clean and peaceful place to crash for the night. Staying here give you that feeling of being on your own home on the islands. Ask Patrik and Tess on how to get around town and the islands, and you'll soon get lots of information on how "not" to get ripped off. They were once tourists in Coron and had their fair share of crooks and being ripped off (Sad to say, there will always be crooks anywhere you go) and wouldn't want you to experience that. I highly recommend this place for backpackers like me on tight budget. Thanks Patrik and Tess.

Room Tip: If travelling with groups of less than 3, it would be nice to hang out on the lanai and meet new fri...
1 Thank SherwinLazo
Gimhae, South Korea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We made a reseration here and were excited to experience the guesthouse since there are so many great reviews. I had emailed back and forth with Patrik about our reservation. I had to cancel our first night because we got stuck in El Nido but told him when we'd be coming. Our boat took longer than expected (awful trip) and we got in late. We were exhausted and after having to deal with the liars at Krystal Lodge who stole our money (don't stay there), we just wanted to get to our room. No one was around when we arrived and finally someone from the house next door saw us and sent Patrik out. He informed us that he gave our room to someone else. Apparently, someone at the port had said no ships from El Nido were coming in that day (although 2 ships FULL of people arrived). I do understand that he tried to keep our room, I think, but he gave it away. I would have written him if we weren't coming that day, as I did before, so I'm not sure why he chose to give our room to someone else. He seemed like a nice enough guy but I wouldn't count on your reservation meaning much here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leilanijane
Padie71, Manager at Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hi, I thought I explained why I did as I did with ur reservation, but probably you were tired.
We only have 4 rooms in total so it’s very important for us to fill them up, normally we ask for deposit but in this caste it was short of time since it was with a few days’ notice.
Yes, the boat was cancel ur first day (stay here) and you called me and explained and no problem on our side. Then the following day no one arrived late afternoon at the guesthouse and I haven’t heard anything from you guys. So I took my bike and drove down to the port, asked the security guard first if any boat was expecting to arrive from El Nido he didn’t know and pointed me to another guy that said no boats from El Nido are expected today.
With that info I gave ur reserved room to a walk in guest.
I can’t see I did anything wrong in this case, I think I really did my best to be sure.
It’s very sad that this happened and it’s the first time for us, the thing is we already missed out 1 night rental of the room and as a business we can’t afford to miss 2 nights.
I really feel for you that you got "robbed" at Krystal Lodge and I’m glad that I didn’t recommend that place to you so I would have felt guilty about that!

I think you are very unfair with your ratings. Our location is great compare several others in town. I think I did my very best regarding my service, I wish you could see it from our side aswell.

Rgs
Patrik
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here for our entire time in Coron (10 days). Patrick and Tezz's is in a quiet spot on the water (beautiful sunsets!). 5 min walk from town centre.

They have an outdoor area for chilling, an inside lounge area with a flat screen tv with cable, a kettle and a fridge, free drinking water and good wifi around the entire house. They also have hot showers! (not common at all!!) Patrick and Tezz were both super helpful with advice and can pretty much arrange anything! They seem to know everybody and when you tell people you are staying with them, everybody seems to know them too! Really great couple.

They have a motorbike to rent (which is much cheaper than renting from outside too) which we took for a spin around the island.

They recommended we dive with "rocksteady divers" and this was one of the best decision of the trip, too. They know everything about this island!

2 of the days we were here we just stayed in, watched tv and used the Internet - it was so awesome it felt like we were in our own home! Haha.

Thank you for helping us make the most of our time in Coron! Will definitely recommend this spot! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jess L
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was my 2nd stay at the Guesthouse so i pretty knew what to expect. I just love the place, the location and especially the people behind it. Had a blast chatting with Tita Ely while waiting for the van to pick us up for the airport.

My companion and i plan to travel and see more of the Philippines, but we both agree that we'll make Coron our go-to place whenever we want a relaxing and worry free time. And this is because of our experience with Patrik and Tezz guest house and Rocksteady Dive Center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple