“Japanese or fishing boat?”
Review of Skeleton Reef

Skeleton Reef
Ranked #15 of 49 things to do in Coron
Reviewed July 18, 2013

There's an abundance of fish and corals in the area and the hull of the "Japanese Ship" can be seen even by snorkelers as it is just less than 20ft from the surface. I'm not a diver so the best view I got was from my snorkelling spot. And I think it's quite small for a Japanese navy ship (but don't take my word for it coz I'm no expert!). To me, it looked like a big fishing boat. That's just me.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stopped off here on our boat trip. The wreck is not far below the surface so easy to snorkle from the surface. We saw lots of beautiful corals and tropical marine life. At one point there were 2 barracuda's too... we were surrounded by parrot fish and sargeant major fish. It was amazing!

1  Thank McSpawf
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

If you love snorkeling, this place is for you. We arrived early in the morning with no other tourist boats in place. When we jumped into the water, tons of fishes welcomed us. i was scared at first because that was my first time seeing plenty of fishes swimming around me. It seems they will eat me alive but I really enjoyed it. One of the best experiences of my life.

2  Thank Mary J
Reviewed March 4, 2013

As snorkelers this was the only wreck my husband and i could do. It was our first time seeing a wreck and although nervous when first jumping in open ocean we swam over to the reef and the wreck. The reef was average for the area but the wreck was great to see. our guide swimming down to stand on it. Its pretty deep and probably best to see at low tide.

1  Thank Tyneil N
Reviewed March 1, 2013

You want to snorkel and have a million fishies around you? Then Skeleton Reef is the place for you! After we stopped at the Twin Lagoon (our favorite stop) and before Lunch, we snorkeled around skeleton key and were not disappointed! The water is crystal clear and the amount of fish is absolutely ridiculous! The captain of your boat will throw a handful of bread in the water while you re in it, and will swarm you all over! It is also a great place for lunch and dock your boat for a few hours...just ask your captain! :)

1  Thank Steve R