“Unforgettable dive experience”

Ranked #22 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Hong Kong, China
“Unforgettable dive experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

It was my first time and i did my Open water course with Vince there. i would say he is a very professional instructor, cause I got extremely scared when I needed to take out my mask for the course. Vince encouraged me, and i gain a lot of confidence in myself from him. I couldnt get it so fast without him. SeaDive is a very good operator. They give you helpful advise for you to plan your dives. The equipment is good. You always have your own boat or just travel with a small group. The lunch was nice. The price is very reasonable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights/5 dives so a hefty review in order:
- Diving: One of the best dive resorts I have ever stayed in. Incredibly well run with ease and efficiency, the dive team are always available for advice and suggestions for dives. Courses are ongoing and learners seem content. The dive sites themselves are VERY GOOD. Particularly Taeri-Maru and Akusushima, though it's best if you build up to these with other wrecks. Also good is 'Baracuda lake' with its thermal divide reaching a bottom temperature of 35C. Reefs in Coron are available but are away from the decent wrecks and nothing compared to Sipadan or Balicasag. Coron is one of the best places in the world for WRECKS and SeaDive are the best operator for getting you there. The boat is big, great lunch and best of all the dive masters (Particularly 'Win' and 'Mr Brown') want you to improve as divers.
Diving is also good value (p2,800x2/p3,400x3).
- Resort: Best fit out and arrangement in Coron. Huge terrace restaurant, always clean and food fresh & big, though ultimately a little pricey for ultra-budget travellers. Thankfully there is no problem to bring your own food in. Wifi speed totally acceptable considering where you are in the world! Reception and all admin very efficient and helpful.
- Lodgings: 10% discount if you dive. Budget rooms available out back (p400) and also plenty of En Suite air con rooms. Rooftop area enjoyable sun sent views with hammocks etc.
The bathrooms in the budget area SHOULD be cleaner and better maintained. A broken shower (1/2) for two days isn't easy with so many divers. SeaDive should be better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jgp1991
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I did my Advanced Open Water course at Seadivers with Vince. He was a great teacher and learned me a lot. I did the course because I was still a little insecure under water. Vince was very patience underwater and give me the confidence to enjoy my diving more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Positive:
Good location. Smacked-down at the town proper.
Nice view from the restaurant and the patio/sun-deck.
Free brewed coffee / water. Coffee was good!
The man at the front-desk (who in my opinion looked-like Rob Schneider, this is a compliment) is very helpful. Couldn't say the same with the staff at the restaurant.
Hot water in the shower.

Negative:
Bad plumbing in the shower / sink. Took some time for the water to drain.
Mosquitoes inside the room (which we remedied by using mosquito coils).
Paper-thin beddings.

My friend and I shared a double-fan room for 900 PHP / night. The food in the restaurant were pricey except for the breakfast meals (which I think were reasonable).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Xiamen, China
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I didn't stay in the hotel, I just took the PADI ow course in the dive shop. My instructor Vince is unexpectedly handsome which makes me forget about that I was doing the diving training!! Haha... Seriously, he is very patient and responsible to the student. I only took 2 days to take this ow course, but, after I met Vince I really wish I could have more time to dive with him. XP I'll come again, to take the aow course. See you, Coron!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Yanni X
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I didn't stay here. So just reviewing the dive shop. They were great. I'm an open water diver, just passed with less than 15 dives. So I wasn't comfortable doing penetration wreck diving. Some dive shop I asked were trying to push me to do penetration wreck diving. Sea dives assigned me a personal dive master as I was the only open water certified on the boat. The rest were advanced divers. We had to assemble our own equipment (oops... I've been too pampered around other places in PH where dive shops assemble everything). The dive masters place very high importance on safely. One dive master lead the pack and one dive master at the end of the pack. They also keep the ratio of divers to dive master low. I felt totally safe with them. If I go Coron again, I wont shop around, I'd definitely dive with them.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Xiamen, China
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Seadive is the five stars Diving shop in Coron. Good equipments, professional instuctors......
It was a good trip in Coron, especiallly the 3 days one and one Open Water Course with the instructor Vince. He is professional, kind and patient. I was going to quit the PADI OWC if without the encouragement from Vince. He took lots of pictures underwater and I enjoyed this amazing trip.
Good choice to Seadive and Vince also.

Joyce