“great course and Vince is a nice coach”

Busuanga Seadive Resort
Ranked #23 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Coron
zhuhai
“great course and Vince is a nice coach”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

this is my travelling alone for the first time.it's very interesting and memorable.my room was a little dim ,the bathroom often without water .BUT the dive shop‘s guys were very nice and took care of me.especially,Vince was my coach,he is a very very…nice man. He would patiently explain something over and over until I understood them.sometimes he also so cute~i really like chatting and having a "happy hour",something like have some beer and shoot pool with them~i will be back coron

Room Tip: higher floors have less damp
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 465825028

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Manila
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went to SeaDive in August 2013 to dive the wrecks. I did my advanced course and others in the group were just diving.

The dive outfit was great - really good equipment, the best boats I have been on diving in the Philippines and some really good dive masters and instructors. If you looking to learn or the idea of diving wrecks make you a little nervous Vincent is your man. He is a great teacher, knows the sites well and is a brilliant spotter. If you do a course with him, he also takes photos of you with his camera which is nice added value.

If you want a legend Nonoy is your man. He has 20,000 + dives or something ridiculous, he can scale up the challenge of the wrecks by taking you all sorts of neat routes round the boats if this is your thing. And when not diving he is cooking and driving boats. In fact I don't think we found something Nonoy couldn't do. And his laugh cracks you up every time.

Nico was also great - talked me through dive options given that our group were at different levels of ability and worked out a dive rotation to make it work. The low divers to dive master ratio they work by also makes this possible.

Some of the dives can be tricky because of depth, the complexity of the wreck structures and strong currents so you need to feel comfortable. I would recommend these guys.

Oh and lunch, drinks, coffee, water, beer on the boart between dives are all good also :) Good mix of fish, meat and vegetables. And the boat has an inside bit which is nice if you go in low season and it rains

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hollister, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had no problems. I had no reservation but just showed up. I immediately upgraded to a room with a bathroom and a window to the outside when I saw what the cheapy rooms were like. It was clean and comfortable. I loved the restaurant. It was beautiful and breezy. I liked their smoothies, especially the coffee-chocolate one. I thought the staff was nice enough. No complaints.

But, and this isn't the Seadive's fault, I hated Coron. Everytime I left the 0asis of a restaurant to do anything (laundry, souvenir shopping, internet cafe, to the fish market to photograph dead eels, just walking around) I was encountered very unfriendly, unhappy people. The town is ugly and I think it must be divided between the haves and have-nots because there is some funny stuff going on. I did my day tour of the islands around where they nickel and dime you for everything (why not just one fee upfront to cover it all), even to step on a beach!

I will never return to Coron but if I had to go again, I would definitely stay at the SeaDive. I do recommend it to others---just make sure you upgrade!

Room Tip: Upgrade! Ask for a window facing the outdoors. They will let you look at several rooms and you can...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Amy A
Manila
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms need upgrading. The bathroom is very old and dirty and has a lot of mold in the shower. The showered with my sandals on. The water from the faucet smells. The AC is old and needs upgrading we were put on the third floor with very steep stairs. The restaurant is overpriced and food takes forever arrive on your table. Staff loud and is not mindful of the guest trying to eat and have some peace. The view on the restaurant is nice but the staff and overpriced food will destroy it. To get to the resort there is an alley that you need to go through that is questionable. There are better resorts in the area. I would never stay here again and highly suggest that you avoid this place.

Room Tip: Check the room first.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LimeCoco

Travelers are raving about these Coron hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 1, 2013

As a diver point of view, Sea Dive Resort provides the most convenience way for scuba diving that you can stay and dive at the same spot. Don't expect a very high standard of accommondation here, but very basic room facilities instead which was really fine for me. I was out for scuba diving the whole day and went outside for dinner in the evening, not much time spent inside the room during the period that I stayed. Sea Dive is located at the center of Coron town, very easy to find other restaurants and shops nearby. Our dive master "Jaime" is a great man and very experience with all the dive sites we visited, and very helpful and friendly. Overall, package price of the Sea Dive is reasonable and it is the best wreck diving experience that I ever have. There is pointless if you compare the same standard with resorts in Phuket, Bali or Langkawi!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very nice instructor-Vincent, who knows the best dive sites! All staff are friendly. Equipment was in excellent condition and worked perfectly. Price is reasonable. I would definitely recommend SEA DIVE to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A friend and I booked one double room, standard with a private bathroom on the first floor, for 2 nights through Agoda. We were so happy not to have booked more ! After a terrible night we even decided to check out in order not to get sick (without getting any compensation, of course).
I must say I don't understand how people can get enthusiastic about this place, this is such a crappy one!
First, the room is humid and very very smelly. As soon as we opened the door, there was this awful smell of rot coming probably from the mold accumulated everywhere. I spent the night caughing and woke up with a sore throat and swollen eyes. My friend too.
Second, there was a lot of insects (among them, mosquitoes, of course). Most of them dropped from the ceiling on our beds, which is quite unpleasant.
Third, the room and the bathroom were in bad condition and dirty.
Fourth, the accommodation is very basic for the price : if you inquire in other hotels, you can get a much nicer room, clean and comfortable, for 900 pesos - including air con if you use it.
Five, the staff is nonchalant and doesn't care. They don't make the effort to make you feel welcome and spend their time texting on their cellphones.
Six : the walls are so thin you can enjoy hearing your neighbors snoring all night long. I don't even imagine if they start fighting... Don't expect any privacy!
Seven : the location just near the sea may be convenient, but it stinks!
In a nutshell : go elsewhere! You can get much more value for your money if you walk one hundred meters further!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends