“Worth their rep.”

Ranked #20 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Worth their rep.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed there 4 days in begging of February and I pre-booked a room and payed 900php for the first night via PayPal.
Got the most fantastic room on 3rd. floor with balcony, hot water, king size bed and very spacious.
On the 3rd. day I noticed in the reception that 2+3rd. floor ar Deluxe rooms at 1600 php a night. I told the staff and they recognized the mistake but totally took it on them. I do not know the quality of the 900php room but do pay a bit extra and get a deluxe room it's worth it.
The place is clean and kept in good shape. Details about defects should not be mentioned at hotels this cheap price.
It's central. Has a great view, Sun decks, a bar with pool table, Good food (the service was maybe the only thing lacking in the restaurant). The owner was very friendly as well and interested in his guests well being.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Indahouse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Upon booking, we were told no aircon rooms were available and booked a fan room. However, when we checked in, we overheard them giving aircon rooms to walk-ins. Bathroom sink was blocked already when we saw the room. It was fixed after complaining. Room had an open window with no glass window pane leading straight to the hotel hallway - not very private or safe. Restaurant, "the best in town" according to Lonely Planet, was constantly out of everything and service was very slow. They did not have any of the first three options I tried ordering, and after third attempt at ordering, they said they only have fish and pork. The pork arrived cold. On breakfast, they didn't have toast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tuukka Y

Travelers are raving about these Coron hotels

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I ate lunch at the Seadive Restaurant Dec.27,2012. The restaurant was not full since it was around 3:15pm. It tok 15 minutes before somebody took our orders considering that the lady behind the counter could see us, she was washing glasses. Washing glasses , apparently is more important than attending to customers.
I ordered Bicol express and rice and my husband, a chicken caciatore and mashed potatoes. We were told when we ordered that it'll take 20 minutes before we could have our meal. The cook will be off his shift and another one will take his place. This restaurant haven't heard of overlapping in cases like this. The lady who took our orders did not write any our orders. After 30 minutes we asked about our order. Yes it's coming and we were asked too if we ordered 2 rice. We were served our meal after 40 minutes! Mine was ok except that the ork meat is a bit hard but my husband's was not. The chicken caciatore was very thin (very small portion) and guess what, the mashed potatoes was cold! I was almost at the end of my patience. My goodness, such incompetence! The prices that they have does not correspond with the quality of food. We were served better food in a "turo-turo".
Another couple arrived while we were waiting for our meal. The man had to approached the counter to make his order. Again the waitress was very busy washing glasses!
It looks like the employees in this restaurant haven't been taught how to handle customers.
And I wonder what kind of "cook" prepared our meal.
So, stay away from this restaurant, you'll just get irritated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oliviahafnor
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My fiancé Oliver and visited Coron over the Christmas period. We did not stay at Seadive accommodation as we booked online many months before but were recommended the dive shop by fellow travellers and were not disappointed. All of the staff are friendly and helpful, the dive masters are knowledgeable and upbeat, and the wreck dives, both relaxing and enjoyable. The owner Paul was visiting over the vacation period and was very attentive to customer needs, both on the boat and in the restaurant in the evening, speaking individually with each table to see how their day had been. The restaurant itself, offers a wide range of local and western food, although can be very busy during peak evening meal times!. The location is excellent with easy access to the town and the prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emalou67
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent 10 days here because we wanted to dive the Coron Wrecks. The rooms are nothing special, but reasonably sized and pretty clean and with nice hot showers.

We slept in 3 different rooms in total: a very okay basic one (700 pesos), a slightly fancier but very noisy one downstairs (900 pesos) and an AC room under the upperterrace (1200 pesos in stead of the official 1400) which was leaking due to the large watertanks on the roof. Staff were very friendly and helpful to us.

The restaurantcrew was something else: not taking note of our presence, sometimes it felt like we were ignored and it took up to 15 minutes to make an order. Its clever to order food before you get hungry: average waiting time is about 45 minutes before you are served.

All in all a fine budget option. The convenience of using the services of the diveshop connected to the hotel resulted in a 10% discount on the accommodation.

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 7, 2013

One of our friend's room was secretly broken into and they had taken $500 USD which she had secretly stashed in her backpack. She was getting her PADI and we all are guessing that the locals knew that, so I am sure they had a copy of the key and took her money while she was out getting her PADI. We informed the staff members and they were no help at all. There are lots of locals and their houses as you walk down the hall to get to the resort, so it could be anyone, possibly the workers. It completely ruined our trip and and put a bad taste in our mouths. I am writing this review to be aware, I would not want anyone to experience what my friend had gone through.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Johnny L
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Coron center is quite small, and this restaurant is very well placed at the heart of it. It's near (walking distance) to hotels, wet market, tricycle stations, shops, and it's at the bay!

Food is not expensive. It's reasonably priced, comparable with Kawayanan (I have another review on this). The advantage of this restaurant is the view of bay. I strongly suggest to eat here before sunset 5:00pm. Having early dinner is a good way to avoid the crowd.

For budget purpose, let's say PhP 200- PhP 300 per head will give you a very good meal already. It's almost same cost if you eat one-piece chicken at McDonalds or Jollibee!

MUST BRING: An empty stomach and Mosquito repellent lotion (Mosquito likes me, but hates my boyfriend. So I'm the only one getting nasty bites. It's a pain. Really.)

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple