“Value Priced, Excellent Location, Good Food”

Busuanga Seadive Resort
Ranked #23 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Reviewed January 1, 2013

At USD 26 a night and located by the pier, near the public market in the town center; Sea Dive is an excellent choice for value-seeking backpackers looking for a clean room, hot shower with strong water pressure, and good food at decent prices. Room 104 where we stayed was located at the 1st floor had a huge balcony facing the sea. Licensed scuba divers should pick this resort as they have one of the best organized dive shop in town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Crossfitfoodie

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This resort is quite basic but clean and great for divers! Nice and convenient to be able to book your diving, have meals and pay a total bill at the end of your stay. We ate here and enjoyed the fresh fish and calamari. The bar is also a nice venue to relax and have a few drinks - complimentary popcorn is also a nice touch. We found the service very friendly and pretty good. One evening in the restaurant was a bit busy and the service consequently rather slow. All in all we were very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Our deluxe room was on the first floor and was larger, quieter, had ac, hot water and fan - worth i...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great rooms and location! Both the restaurant and helldivers bar had wonderful food and the bar has a nice relaxed vibe and is a great place for meeting people. Staff was both friendly and professional especially the staff of the dive shop. And the dives and classes were absolutely wonderful. Definitely the best value in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The GOOD:

- Location is absolutely perfect as almost everyone in Coron knows where "SeaDive" is. It is conveniently located beside the public market, the pier, several tour operators, restaurants, in front of the Tao Expeditions office, and the seaside location is just perfect.

- The room itself is nothing to write home about although I would say it is good value for money. I was not expecting hot water in the shower but the fan room that I got does have hot water.

THE BAD:

- Reservation can be a bit of a pain as they do not publish any landline number. They have a published mobile number which you can call (according to the website) for purposes "other than room reservation". So I guess it is only for diving stuff? Also, no one picks up that phone as I have attempted to call it. Text messages are also not being replied to. I managed to get hold of the frontdesk mobile number through their facebook page. E-mails are being replied whenever they feel like it (like 2 days after you send your email). Reservation via PayPal is a pain as well as they won't be sending you a billing and upon checkout they will ask you how much you really have paid.

The UGLY:

- During one of the nights of my stay, the lights went off in the room three times and I had to go to the frontdesk twice. On both occasions, I haven't heard any apologies and they just had me waiting at the lobby. I was not even informed that the lights finally got fixed until I actually asked them for an update.

- They have a restaurant with excellent food. However, it usually takes forever for the food to be served. The first time I've dined here was for dinner. I was standing for 5 minutes and nobody from the waiting staff ever asked me if I wanted to sit so again, I had to ask if there are available seats (there were plenty during that night) and if I could sit at one of the tables. After sitting there for about 10 minutes, I got impatient and asked for the menu. It was not an unusually busy evening as many tables are unoccupied. The following morning, I ordered breakfast at about 6am. Their morning staff are convening at the edge of the restaurant having coffee, eggs, etc. After 15 minutes of waiting and watching the staff eat, my coffee and food still hasn't been served. I had to ask for water but there was no one looking after the tables so I approached the counter and said that I will be cancelling my order. I had a better experience in a cafeteria just outside -- a much less expensive but fulfilling breakfast.

-- Upon arrival, I was thinking of options of touring for the latter half of the day (as I thought most island hopping tours are scheduled for a whole day). I've approached the frontdesk and they referred me to their Dive Center a few steps away. The Dive Center staff told me that they "only have private boats for hire". They haven't given any information beyond that and have assumed that I could not afford to charter one of their boats for the afternoon.

As stated above, the accommodation itself is average, however, the service is TERRIBLE on all aspects. Perhaps these guys are too busy looking after their foreign guests. If you're a local tourist (as I am), you have been warned, these people will not give you any assistance whatsoever.

I must admit that these folks at SeaDive need some competition in the Coron seaside area. Their location is hard to beat.

If asked, however, if I would choose to stay here again? The answer would most definitely be NEVER.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank verargulla
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We didn't get a chance to stay in Sea Dive Resort this time, but this was our jump off point for the boat to Manguenguey Island. From the road, you need to take a small narrow path going in to the main resort. Along the way, you can also see some rooms. Taking a quick peek, the rooms were quite small and basic but seemed to be quite clean, but I guess for the price you pay, this is a good place to stay, especially if you're going to be spending most of the time diving or going out to the islands anyway.

Location is quite good as it is in the middle of the town, The public market is just a few minutes walk away, and so is the main town square, which is also the jump off point for boats going out to the islands.

The restaurant was okay, we were able to eat here on our way back before we headed for the airport. We ordered seafood, crabs and lobsters. We didn't really expect a lot from it, given that we know this is just a restaurant in a resort, but we were pleasantly surprised. We loved the flavors of the sauce mixture they used to cook the crabs and lobster in, simply yet tasty and cooked right (not overcooked). Portions were quite big too. The service was also quite good. They knew that we had a van to catch for the airport, so they made sure we all had our food (we were a big group) and plenty of time to eat. When one of the lobster dishes came out, it was missing part of the meat which probably went to someone else's plate :-), the restaurant immediately added a new order of crab for us with no charge. They would have given us lobster too but we already ordered everything they had as we were a big group.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great for the price point. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The food is slightly expensive for a budget resort, but the servings are big. The food is really slow to arrive though. The Helldiver Bar right beside it is also a nice place to top off the day. Would've liked an AC, but hey, then it wouldn't be a budget resort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Busuanga Seadive Resort for 2 nights. It's a very basic hotel, the restaurant is good though, even if the service is positively slow. Coron is not a smart place, so the accommodation is in general fairly poor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor have hot water.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple