“4th of July Weekend”

Ranked #12 of 62 Coron B&B and Inns
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
“4th of July Weekend”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

friendly and accommodating staff. the facility is very new (business started in 2010) and clean. we booked a premier fan room. our room has flat screen tv, hot and cold shower, queen-sized bed. very good location, easily accessible, just one tricycle ride away from everything. we only ate breakfasts at the restaurant. affordable food. scenic view of coron bay. water dispensers (hot and cold) at every floor. fire exits and security guard. there's even cctv. we enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lilbitneurotic

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Quezon City
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room we stayed in was located near the main gate. It had a receiving area, and a dining area. There are 2 other rooms: the bathroom and the bedroom. There is a stair but it is off-limits to guest as the owner stays in the floor above us. The owner has a separate entrance so there's no fear of the owner suddenly entering while you're watching tv.

Our bedroom has two queen sized beds and a double deck. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. Just outside our main door is an ante-room where they keep a water dispenser. So, free drinking water! The bathroom's large, but what I hate about it is that it only has one towel rack. There's no place to put your shower things. They can put in some shelves or even hooks to hang your clothes in.

The staff's friendly but not very efficient. They forgot to put toilet paper in the bathroom before we arrived (oh wait, there's no place to put toilet paper in). Unless you ask them, they didn't clean our room/s. After a power outage, they forgot to turn on the power for our aircon. When my friend asked a staff to take her picture in front of the hotel, he suddenly crossed the street and got on a van without any say so and without taking my friend's pic

the only meals we ate at the hotel is breakfast. The restaurant's located in the topmost floor. The view from there was good, but not great. The food was just blah.

Coron has almost daily power outages that lasts hours. Fortunately, Apartelle de Gabrielle has a generator. While the generator cannot provide power to the aircons, it can power on electrics fans.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the location is good. It's located along the national highway and it's walking distance to downtown. Restaurants, souvenir shops, tour offices are readily accessible. Easy to get tricycles. There's a store in the same building.

Room Tip: Some reviewers complain that their rooms are too small. Try to book Room 41 which is located on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank biyay2
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

- poor customer service. The receptionist doesnt know how to talk to the customers in a nice way. I am not sure if this is just their defense mechanism. For instance, on the first night we stayed there was an island wide black out (or so they say), that's why we dont have an aircon. We are not aware of this because the place is already lit up because oc the generator. I understand that this happens sometimes but the way the receptionist talked to me felt like i'm not their customer at all. Additionally, the receptionist did not even checked if we already got an electric fan, much so if we are comfortable enough knowing that we have been put to the room where there's not much ventilation.

- when we arrived, the receptionist was very eager that we book our tour with them. Since the price seemed fair enough and i dont want to trouble myself to go to the port and have a DIY tour, we fot their tour package. We got the exclusive package meaning we are 9 in a boat. However, the boat seems to have a problem in jumpstarting. That made me worried if the boat can still take us to the destinations we booked. We wanted a new boat just to make sure we wont be having trouble but rowie (the receptionist) are hesitant to give us another boat. It took some time for the discussions but in the end, no change of boat was made.

- the night before we go home, i am about to settle our bill to the receptionist. Earlier before that, Rowie reminded me that i need to pay befoee 10pm because pur flight is too early the next day. I reminded him about our breakfast and if we can already advice our orders in advance because the resto opens at 6 (we leave around 7:30). He said yes, but much to my dismay, the 2nd day breakfast is not included in what we paid for. He only told me about this after i made the payment and his tone and the way he talked to me seemed like i am not theircustomer anymore. I told him that this is not what beverly (one who i negotiated with re: our accommodation. She is based in manila) and i agreed. Rowie didnt even offered to call beverly to clarify things. Worse part is that i could not contact beverly anymore. It left me with no other choice but to tell my friends that we need to find another place to eat for bfast. Luckily we were able to eat before our flight took off.

what pissed me off (from the last point above) is that when i said that i'll have to mention this on my trip advisor review, Rowie said: 'kahit ipa-news' nyo pa.

I hope apartelle de gabriel will improve their service and i hope the coron municipality will first check each of the inn/hotel/bed&breakfast on their locality before giving them permission to put up a business which needs careful training of staffs especially in customer service.

- Did i mention their towels are disgusting and looked so old/used? So if u plan to stay in this place, better bring your own towel.

- No housekeeping done or offered to us, no new roll of tissue for the next day considering we are 5 pax in one room.

• Stayed June 2013
10 Thank Kengkie
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Location: Just perfect. It may not be on the seaside but the view from the restaurant on the topmost floor is breathtaking especially during breakfast. Everywhere else is within walking distance, restaurants, spa, convenience store, souvenir shop, and even the market place.

Rooms: So-so. The bed is way too small for 2 people. Me and my cousin were both petite but we still find the bed too small and so is our room. But we just need a place to sleep. It's ok.

Service: DELUXE! What may be lacking in amenities, their personalized and superb service makes up for everything. Felt like home. Staff always greeting you with a smile and making sure you're having a relaxing and comfortable stay.

All in all, I say, choosing to stay here when I get back in October, won't be such a hard decision.
Your home in Coron. HIghly-recommended. Unless you need a bigger bed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WanderFool79
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Me and my family stayed here for 2 nights and it was all worth it. We were given the biggest room (I guess, since we are 5 pax) and it was just in front of their main gate. We felt like we are just in the comforts of our home. We had a sala where there was cable TV and fan, our own toilet (although it didn't have hot water) and a huge bedroom. The only trouble was few blankets and pillows were provided.

Restaurant was on top with a fair view and food was great. However, their food service was inconsistent. On our first breakfast my sister ordered tocilog and it was really good with fried garlic rice so the next day I ordered the same but they gave me plain rice and it wasn't as good as the previous day.

The location was the best, we only had to walk to downtown and buy pasalubong.

I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank mae07
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. The beds were comfy and nice to crash on after scuba diving all day or island hopping, the rooms clean and the air con cold. The staff are very friendly however, the best part about the hotel was the cook. They do not advertise the restaurant and im not even sure if you eat there if you don't stay there? The best views in Coron high up the hill overlooking Coron Bay. You need to pre order the food the day before through cook Angelo, as he needs to go to market to get the freshest food. I asked him to get me the biggest Lapu Lapu ( grouper) he could find for dinner, he said no problems and wow for 300peso a massive, steamed in ginger and shallots, fish that was to die for. His Kinilaw (raw tuna with vinegar, chilli and calamansi) for 200peso was amazing. Prawn sinigang really good. Breakfast the spanish omelette was fantastic. At these prices, the veiw and the quality of the food management should premote this part of the business. I stayed in Coron town for another week and didnt find food this good again. The hotel is recommended.. oh and did i mention the food?

Room Tip: Eat at their resturant for dinner, just make sure to pre order
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Wharfe33
Manila
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We paid Php 5,800 per head for the hotel and tour for 4 days already. We went to 11 different destinations. The transportation was also part of the payment. There was a time when the van was not there to drove us back to hotel so we took tricycle. When we got to the hotel, the front desk asked us if we paid for the transpo. When we told him we already did, he refunded to us the payment for the transportation.

The hotel was quiet since it's a few meters away from the down town but you can walk for like 15-20 mins if you want to. The down town is where you'll ride the boat for the island hopping. What I don't like is the scheduled black out of the town but it's okay since most of the time it's in the afternoon wherein the tourists are out. There's also electric fan so it's fine.

If I'll go back to Coron ( Palawan ) I'll stay here again. =)

Room Tip: We had the deluxe room with balcony. Big and we had balcony to dry our swimming attire. It's als...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple