“Lovely!”

Apartelle de Gabrielle
Ranked #17 of 70 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2013

They are very accommodating, even when we arrived early, they allowed us to use rooms available for our convenience, so we were able to settle in. The view from their family room good for 15 was overlooking the Coron Bay. We paid 1550php/night for the room w/ a double bed, aircon and own toilet & bath. The staff can also be requested to buy seafood in the market and they will cook it for you (with 150php cooking charge which we are not complaining to pay, because the food tasted good!). When we have concerns, they immediately see to it right away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicky B

Reviewed September 29, 2012

free drinking water, kitchen staff willingness to shop & serve what we want (just give them advance notice).

The room is highly pleasing for the price. The cook gave us customized breakfasts & dinners; we enjoyed senorita lapu lapu for 2 for 200 pesos!! Kinilaw for 120 ph.

Tell them what you want and when you want. They'll accomodate. Communication works with them. And they don't overcharge you.

What a good feeling.

Room Tip: Off season Roy & Nerissa will give you the best room worth around 1900ph for 1400ph. Off seaso...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubberunethical
Reviewed September 3, 2012

What can I say to this apartelle during my stay?

Nice Room
Private Toilet and Bath
Flat Screen TV
Aircon is less noisy
Comfortable bed complete with bedding
unlimited mineral water
Towel and toiletries
Nice food indeed and it is deliciously served. All food is prepared whatever my requests are. If I requested for crab, prawns, etc. they will cook it the way you want it to be cooked but be patient as they still have to buy it in the market.

What else? Well, I'm the boss! I command my time, my stay, my vacation, my relaxation, my tour. After all, I paid an ALL EXCLUSIVE TOUR PACKAGE meaning I'm all alone in my vacation. I'm alone in my room, alone in my boat during the island hopping and alone in all my tours. Thanks to Rowie, big boss of apartelle de gabrielle, for making my vacation a memorable one. Indeed, it's worth to revisit this island again. See you soon, CORON!

By the way, before I forgot, I would like to say that I found a treasure there. Please check my heart! haha....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Chris07Chan
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in August. Location is close to center of town, trike charges only 8 pesos per passenger. Airport transfer is standard 150 pesos. Breakfast is available on the restaurant on the third floor. 650 peso Kayangan Lake tour can be arranged thru the Front desk.
They have hot water facility in their typical Philippine bathroom. Excellent value for budget travellers. Very clean rooms. Nice view of the sea from the rooftop restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank RashidMarwat
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We rented a family room. Spacious with cable channel and free wifi. Rooms are clean but no hot shower. Breakfast is ok but they preparation for the food is so slow. They will still buy the ingredients in the market and wait for so long before they will serve the dish.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank db01212014d
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I got a tour package so we could not choose the place to stay for our trip but if we had a choice, we would not stay here.

Pros: Hotel personnel and manager were, overall, friendly and helpful, so that helped soothe out the negatives of this place. Location was nice as it was walking distance to a lot of places in town.

Cons: Our room was very small; I had read one review that mentioned this so I was expecting it but the reality was still quite jarring. You hardly can move because it really was just big enough for a double-sized bed, a side table, and a medium-sized table, that's it, which made it very uncomfortable and felt very claustrophobic to stay in.

They put us on the 3rd floor, which is accessible only by going up 3 flights of steep stairs so our room location was just below the roof deck where the restaurant is and from there, there was no avoiding the blasts of karaoke singing, which could go on all night long. I don't really fault the other guests for this as this is a hotel feature, but this is the last thing you want to hear when you come back to the hotel very tired and and wanting a relaxing night's sleep. They are supposed to be building a new wing, so I hope that they transfer their restaurant there if they want to keep the karaoke (still karaoke should never be part of such a peaceful place imo).

Also the bathrooms lack rails or hooks to hang your stuff on and the toilet seat has no cover. the whole bathroom gets wet when you shower.

On our second day, the water disappeared for nearly an hour in the morning because something went awry. Another reviewer had written that their water was an iffy thing so i hope that this does not happen regularly.

If you don't mind staying in a place this small and sleeping to the sounds of karaoke singing, then this is ok; but if not, you'd be better off elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katya_062012
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed here during our honeymoon this January 19-21, 2012...I did love the Turquoise Room! :) and ALL STAFF were VERY accommodating, friendly and polite! :) We traveled with family and friends....hehe..a honeymoon with company!...but we all had the satisfaction and got beyond excellence services on the package tour that Ms. Bev offered us! ...Negative feedback: NONE! :) you may ask for a swimming pool which they don't have but who needs a swimming pool in Coron...you're surrounded by natural and beautiful bodies of waters so who cares for a swimming pool :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple