See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

Be sure to put lots of sunscreen. This island gives you a good view of Coron's pristine waters.

We stayed here for 45mins, this is the first stop in our Island escapade tour.

An instagram worthy site

Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Ann T
Reviewed April 29, 2016

The minute you set foot on Malcapuya Island one could tell that this is one of Coron’s well-kept wonders, the feeling of paradise quickly comes to mind.
Malcapuya’s long beach stretches almost the entire length of the island, it has milk powder-like sand and there are no rocks beneath so it’s an ideal destination for swimming or just lounging under the hot afternoon sun
Unlike the other two destinations of our tour (Bulog Dos and Banana Island), the coral reef is far from the shore but never less worth a look. During my short snorkel around the reef I saw an abundance of fish including a large school of barracudas and a small sting ray. The first thing that came to mind was Steve Irwin, a fellow Australian explorer who died from wrestling a sting ray.

Development is soon underway to turn Malcapuya Island into a private resort.
There are no construction activities yet, so guests are free to visit the island however this will change in the next few years as plans are in place to develop it into a private enclave.

It makes me a bit sad that fewer people would get to bear witness to the beauty of this island

I was fortunate enough to visit Malcapuya Island twice during the 7 awesome days I spent in Coron and definitely recommend you visit before it’s transformed into an overpriced resort.

Island Escapade tour (1200p PAX)
1.BULOG DOS
2.BANANA ISLAND
3.MALCAPUYA ISLAND

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank davidped68
Reviewed May 15, 2015 via mobile

Beach is awesome. It is 1.5 hours away from town so expect powdery white sand and the clearest waters. Would love to go back here, worth going back to. Don't skip this tour when you go to Coron. I'd suggest you get a private tour or hire a boatman instead of joining a tour so you could maximize your time and spend it on the islands you'd want to see.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank anythingoes
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I would have given this 5-stars back in 2009 when I first experienced it. There were no tents set up on the beach, and you approach the island from the "front" where the wide shore is. There were colorful flags bordering the shoreline, which made it really pretty and welcoming. At the time, there were only about 2 other groups on the island, and it was much more relaxing and gave the feel of isolation in a private island.
Last week, I was disappointed that boats needed to be "parked" at the "back" due to tourist volume, and this was not well-maintained and was littered with bottles and plastic waste. The beach was packed, and the tents made it appear like the sandy area was narrower. The corals seemed fewer (?) that before, and the sign that marked "Giant Clam" - which I thought was so full of character - was replaced by a plain buoy topped with a flag.
However, without a point of comparison with my previous experience, this was still a beautiful island, with pristine sands and clear waters. I suggest going very early, possibly avoiding the throng of people. I really much prefer avoiding crowds. Still well worth the 1.5 hour boat ride, especially if you also appreciate the beautiful coves and little islands that you pass by along the way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kaich
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a nice beach to swim. it was kinda roller coaster ride to get here! (fun for me).. the waves were about 3 feet high (just an estimate) i really don't have any clue how to measure them. the ride was insane though. we parked on the other side of the beach and walked a trail.. a nice place to chill and play with the milk powder-like sand... we also had buko juice here and saw a basketball court but a couple was playing there and we didn't want to intrude... hahah

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple