“It's a hidden delight”

Ranked #9 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Melbourne, Australia
“It's a hidden delight”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

We spent 4 nights / 5 days on a family holiday with grandparents down to young adults. The staff were delightful. They treated us like family especially taking great care of the oldies. The food was superb with fresh local seafood being the main feature accompanied by typical Filipino favorites like adobo. I just wish a bit more fruit and vegetables to be served but this is typical of Filipinos not to eat lots of veggies compared to other Asian diets. They make a very fluffy pancake for breakfast too. The views of the limestone formations of Coron Island are stunning from the dinning area. We could not ask for a better place to experience the natural wonders of Coron.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank aidoronila

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lapu-Lapu
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was able to visit the resort cause I did attend a wedding of my Auntie. The wedding was so nice and lovely. A perfect venue for a Beach Wedding.

Balinsasayaw resort is the place you want to spend more of your days and night! The staffs are so accommodating and they are so lovely. Foods are so delicious. No wonder the food tastes so delicious cause they also own a restaurant near our hometown (Maribago Grill - the one in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu). Its a resort where you can feel a home sweet home. The owner and the manager really treats you like a family. They're such a lovely people. Since, this is in a remote island. The electricity will start at around 5pm up to 7am. We had fun on their island tour package! That was the best experience I've had so far for an island tour. All I can say... "You'll miss half the enjoyment of your life if you won't visit that place!" =)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Reynell M
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed in Balinsasayaw Resort for family vacation last December 2011. the resort has fantastic views. It is located in an island so electricity is by generator and is available only from 6pm to 8am. This does not matter though because you will be out the whole day - the resort has a planned itinerary to different beaches where you can snorkel, swim, fish feeding etc. The rooms are standard - it has air conditioner, bath and bathroom amenities, hot (when there is electricity) and cold shower. But like I said you won't be staying much in the rooms unless you don't like to swim or snorkel. We usually start the tour after breakfast and come back to the resort in time for dinner. Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are included in the package, the food is terrific and is more than adequate for a family of 5 adults.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pearlsandwine63
Bondi, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I cannot recommend this resort highly enough! The staff are so lovely and accommodating, the bungalows are comfortable and very private, and the views of the limestone cliffs of Coron Island are just breathtaking. As we were staying in Coron primarily for diving, we thought it might be a pain to have to travel by boat back to the mainland for our daytrips. This wasn't a problem however, as the staff organised a boat to pick us up each day from the island. We weren't charged anything extra for this, and paid exactly the same price as others who visited the dive centre on Busuanga directly (we checked with others on the boat). As the resort is the only on the island, there are a few limitations which did take us a day to adjust to - there is only electricity between 5pm and 7am each morning (keep busy during the day, it can get quite hot when the air conditioning is off), and no internet access (which didn't bother us, but may be good to keep in mind). The restaurant has no menu - you let the staff know what time you would like to eat a meal, and they will prepare the most incredibly delicious banquet of freshly cooked foods (seafood, meat, rice (of course) and fresh fruits), which have been brought to the island by boat directly by the fishermen on their way to the markets in Busuanga. Each meal only cost us about 300 pesos (150 each), and was absolutely delicious! They are also happy to cook you a snack, or serve up a cool beer or softdrink if you get hungry or thirsty during the day. During our five night stay we spent the first day on an island hopping tour, swimming and snorkelling in the lakes of Coron Island; the second and third day diving in the various sites around Coron, and on the final day, we borrowed one of the rowing boats which the resort has available to guests free of charge, and rowed to CYC Island for more snorkelling, relaxing on the beach, devouring our packed lunch (read: banquet) the resort staff put together for us, and then feeding the resident monkey bananas (which the staff also packed for us). We spent the evenings being taught to play Sungka by one of the staff, Marvin, and relaxing. It was just such an amazing experience and would recommend anyone thinking of visiting to do it. It's paradise :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jess B
Californian in India
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I wanted to "escape to an island" for a few days and enjoy diving and fun...yet also have quiet evenings and see the ocean from my room. Balinsasayaw Resort was perfect for me.

From the moment I got off the airplane I felt taken care of. THey arranged airport pickup and a quick boatride to the hotel.the food was delicious and abundant. I am a vegetarian and i was told that Philippines was a very difficult place to go for vegetarians. I told them in advance my needs and they had the cooks trained to serve me really good meals! I ate big portions of Filipino, Chinese and Italian dishes (after days of scuba diving one is hungry!).

The room I was in was not right on the beach...rather a little up from their beach....and it had a pretty amazing, unrestricted view of water and an island beyond. There is corol outside the resort, so snorkeling and DIving can be done from there itself.

It is probably the closest resort to the main attractions of Coron.a quick 10 min boatride takes you to the twin lagoons, barracuda lake, etc.and by boat to the hotsprings avoids the hike altogether. At the same time the resort is completely alone on this island. So its location is ideal for those wanting peace but at same time being not so far.

They are a new place so they are very attentive ....but being new they are not yet set up for their own dive center. This is coming (apparently) but until then they work with Coron divers. Coron divers is the cheapest, and it was fun and professional, but some of their equiptment is old....and until they refresh their supply, I recommend possibly other dive centers. But i loved DIving with them. They even picked me up daily from the resort at no extra charge.

The rooms are far better than the pictures. Very refined and elegant.
I was given a good discount. Perhaps they'll have one for you, too?

Staff was friendly and abundant, willing to do everything for me. They had fun activities and were always laughing and helpful. There are 3 boats for transport to islands and activities. They arrange daily activities for people.in the evening they can show movies if youbwant. They have a lot of videos. They had a kareoke one night which was fun. The dining is far enough away from the rooms not to disturb.

Apparently they have WIFI, but when i went, there was no internet. One of the managers allowed me to check email on her phone. They also told me they could arrange transport to the town if I needed more communication. The internet might be ready now.but the main thing is that even when there was something not perfect, they thought of solutions and were really sweet and helpful.

I recommend this place. It had everything I wanted.

Room Tip: There is a cabin at the end with the most unrestricted views.this is normally given to couples but t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank blisstravel
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Staying at Balinsasayaw is like coming home - to a spectacularly beautiful island resort! Its a family affair, with the many cousins taking it in turns to be manager, and you are treated like part of the family too. The staff epitomize Filipino hospitality and the food (the MOUNTAINS of food) was adobolicious ;)

Be aware that this is a remote (compared to the rest of the world...it's actually on the closest island to Coron town) tropical island, so do not expect 5 star accommodations. There is no electricity during the day so the beer is a little warm at times, and the Internet is currently down (as of Feb 2012), but the packages, which include all meals and full day snorkeling tours to the many beautiful surrounding islands and wrecks, are excellent value.

We would definitely recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Couples cottages have a beautiful view, and the steps will improve your calf muscles and give you a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nick_and_Jodie_HCMC
cebu
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Balinsasayaw resort recently. It was our first time to be Coron, Palawan. We fell in love with the place right away upon arriving at the resort. Our room was clean and we had the best view of the place. The food was superb and the staff were friendly and always there to attend our needs. One thing we liked about the resort is that it is situated at the center of all tourist spots around Coron. It was indeed one of our best vacations we ever had. We will surely go back to Coron and stay at Balinsasayaw Resort.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are overlooking for fantastic view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gacrub
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coron
Two Seasons Coron Island Resort & Spa
Two Seasons Coron Island Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Bulalacao Island
Asia Grand View Hotel
Busuanga Bay Lodge
Busuanga Bay Lodge
#1 of 1 in Concepcion

Been to Balinsasayaw Resort? Share your experiences!