“Very peaceful, Efficient staff and good food”

Sunz En Coron Resort
Ranked #2 of 70 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived in Coron for our last night by the peer and found a tricycle very easily; The hotel is not far from the peer (5mn), 20pesos if you take a tricycle. There are 18 cottages all around a nice swimming pool and many different places to rest or to have lunch or dinner, you just have to choose which one suits you better; small different places with a straw roof, a table, cushions, fan... We just stayed one night and one day but we could have stayed longer if we don't have to come back. Rooms are very clean and quite seldom in Philippines (5th time we go there) the staff is reallyt efficent. They are managed by Koreans whom are very kind and always available to make your stay very pleasant. Food is definitely better than all the hotel we did in Philippines, try the French fries, it's better than in France!
The service is perfect, they have a tricycle service free which meqns when you want to go in the city center they take in charge the transport for you. I had to use their phone to call friends and the manager left messages to the other hotels (friends') for me.
One thing is sure, you can't be disappointed for the price you pay, it is a really nice place to stay, we will probably come back to Coron for diving and I will not search neither try another hotel. Thank you to all the team!

Room Tip: We occupied the room 3 which is clean with a standard bed, aircon and a nice shower
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gozy07

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed only one night as I bounced through Coron on my way back from El Nido, and I'm glad I chose to stay here. First, the Korean couple who run the place are awesome. The woman (Ms. Sunz, I presume?) said she worked for 7 years in a travel agency in Boracay and it shows -- she has an amazingly good customer-service oriented disposition -- nothing is too much trouble to ask. And her English skills are superb. In fact, they both asked me to join them at a Korean restaurant that night. Sadly, I turned down the invite as I wanted to swim and needed some sleep. But what amazing hospitality! The hotel itself is SUPER quiet at night. It was the best sleep I had in my week on Palawan. The rooms have high ceilings, quiet aircon and very comfortable beds (two big beds in my room). Totally relaxing. And the shower!! Really the best I've ever seen in a hotel. Strong water, piping hot, and with every kind of adjustment you could think of for a shower. The pool was great -- deep enough for swimming, and the changing colors at night make for a great ambiance. The breakfast the next morning was really good, and they have these gazebo areas where you can sit and have coffee and access the free wifi (not really available in the rooms). The staff are all smiling and friendly. The hotel is about a 5 minute trike ride from central Coron, but they have a free trike service until about 9PM at night. Just be aware that getting a trike back at night will be tough if you are on the more remote road between the city and hotel. I walked back, feeling kind of scared witless after being conditioned to be afraid of everything living in Manila -- but when I got to the hotel, some people told me that it wasn't a dangerous area. Still, take a trike just to be sure. Not sure what else I can say about it other than it was an incredibly positive experience, a great hotel, and I would actually choose to visit Coron again just knowing that Sunz hotel is there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank tokyomike55
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here twice this week and have to say the food is excellent. One dish we really loved was the Korean rice paper parcels with beautiful fresh crispy vegetables sliced inside of them. Also the baby back ribs were some of the most tender we have had with a really beautiful sauce adorning them. However we did the find service although friendly to be a little tardy. Had to ask 3 times for a jug of water and then trying to get the waiters attention to order, get the bill etc very difficult. It's a shame because that's the only reason they don't get a higher star rating this time around. I can still recommend the restaurant because the food is actually excellent and you also have to realise that this is Coron and nothing will ever be perfect but if it wasn't for the service then we would have marked this higher.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Antoine D
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me and my friends found out this hotel through our search in finding a comfortable hotel in Coron as we are staying there for 5days.....indeed this hotel gave us what we want..friendly and approachable staffs,good food,cabanas to stay at and dine in, wi-fi area,they even have massage services, even the Korean owner is friendly and very accomadating, they also provide free ride to town with what they call "taxicycle", a tricycle with a bigger body that can ride 5-6people per trip.

The room is spacious, but for me, the toilet inside the room is a bit small and lack shelves to put on my things, as i am a girl, i have a lot of small things =) but overall experience i enjoyed staying here and i will definitely will coming back here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zej26
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Learned about Sunz En Coron from TripAdvisor. I booked with them through e-mail correspondence with the Korean owner. We booked 2 deluxe rooms for 4D/3N. I also had airport transfers arranged through them. Everything went smoothly.

We got there past 3:00 PM and the staff greeted us as the owner was out of town. Check-in was very quick and rooms were clean and ready. I must say rooms are cramped. You just have enough floor space for one person to walk from the beds to the bathroom door. The bathrooms had an odd layout too with the shower being in the same area as the toilet so the toilet paper will definitely get wet if you don't relocate them before you take a shower. Rooms have AC unit and ceiling fan. AC won't work during power outages but the resort's generator can power your ceiling fan (and this usually happens only during the day anyway, not at night). Guests always leave during the day to go island hopping or do town tours so the rooms do their jobs of giving you a good night's sleep and a place to shower.

Breakfast food was okay. Servings were just right (not buffet style). The taste was good. Nothing extraordinary but it does keep you filled until your next meal. You would notice that their wait staff are also their housekeeping staff and despite all the tasks they do around the resort, they are always in a good disposition, always helpful and ready to grant all your requests.

One of their staff, Joseph, also arranged a van to take us to Maquinit Hot Spring and not only did the driver take us to the hot spring but also took us around town for a quick tour and souvenir shopping (as we requested) and unlike other tour guides, he did not charge us per person but just a minimal fee. Sunz En staff would really do anything to help you enjoy your Coron vacation.

Yes, Sunz En is located outside the town proper but you won't really notice that since the tricycle ride to town is very quick. And for the peace and quiet we experienced every night, we never regretted booking with them. 5 minutes leaving the resort in the morning and 5 minutes going back to the resort at night was not a bad thing at all.

If my friends and/or family would go to Coron, I would recommend this place. And if I, myself, would go back there in the future, I would still book with Sunz En Coron.

Room Tip: There is wifi access inside rooms 17 and 18 as they are nearest to the restaurant
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tiny_little_mom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

There's nothing truly outstanding about Sunz En, but it does everything that it needs to very well.

It may be a bit far out from Coron Town for some, but 5 minutes in the free trike was great for me.

Breakfast was included and the portion size was generous, with the lunch and dinner menu also being quite varied.

Rooms are nothing to write home about, but the beds were comfortable and the shower was great. I'd definitely consider staying here again if I return to Coron

Room Tip: The closer to the restaurant you are, the better your chance of getting a Wi-Fi signal from your roo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Staff and management is great.
Located in a quiet area 5 minutes from downtown in Trycicle. They even arrange a free one from hotel to town.
Rooms are clean and fine, nice swimming pool in the middle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends