“Excellent place to stay in Coron”

Sunz En Coron Resort
Ranked #2 of 65 Coron B&B and Inns
Sliema, Malta
“Excellent place to stay in Coron”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 daughters and we were very pleased with this resort in every respect. Starting from the room which was large very clean and well maintained. Everything functioned properly save for the TV which was unfortunately only limited to about 6 channels and hence I missed the Euro 2012 Football final but I was on holiday so I could live with that :)
We ate at the resort on a number of occasions and it was always a very good meal. The pool was a nice size and also well maintained and clean. Mrs Angela the owner was always very accommodating and friendly and even when our flight was delayed by 1 day she very kindly put us up in what looked like part of her own private part of the resort due to all other rooms being fully booked.
The only other comment I have was regarding the internet connection which was very erratic sometimes being reasonably fast and sometime taking forever to load a page. So the only two slightly negative points were really beyond the control of the resort owners because they have to rely on the cable tv and internet services provided by third parties. It is only these 2 issues that prevented me giving this resort an five star excellent rating.
Location is nice as it was not in the town and therefore very quiet and only a 5 minute tricycle ride away (which incidentally is provided free by the hotel tricycle).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This small hotel is very charming and the owners will do their best to accommodate you.
I highly recommend it. The swimming pool is a bit small but it is a nice way to end a day of diving.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Paranaque City
Reviewed June 13, 2012

After 2 days of island tour, My gf and I stayed here for a day. I would say the place is great, quiet and peaceful. This is a great place to relax and isolate yourselves with your loved one. The resort has a great design especially at night. The pool has fancy lighting that changes color every 5 minutes. The room is spacious and clean, price is affordable, bathroom has heater and the food is great. I really enjoyed the baby back ribs and grilled tuna and most importantly, the staff service is great. I really enjoyed the company of Ms. Angela.

You can also avail of the free tricycle service going to the town proper.

Room Tip: No room preference because all rooms are in front of the pool and even the closest room to the resta...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NilDC
Manila
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights at their Standard room. The whole resort design was very cute, somewhat a setting you would imagine in a tropical/beach paradise. Coron was indeed a paradise but more about that someplace else. The resort was clean, staff was very friendly. The room design was pretty straightforward, there was a tv, clean toilet with hot and cold shower, airconditioning and a ceiling fan. Also there is a small area where you could hang your clothes at the end of the day, something they come up with since there wasn't any closet in the room. The room all in all was very simple, but it was good and comfy for both long or short stays. The only thing they should add in would be a refrigerator perhaps.

The resort offers a free tricycle ride to the town, so getting around isn't hard at all, anytime of the day. Getting back to the hotel is also an ease since every trike driver in town seems to know the place and don't need directions. I guess given it's a small town, it's no surprise. Food in the resto is affordable and pretty good. They have a big pool smack in the center of the resort and it's very pretty at night since it changes color. They have small huts to hang out in, nice little place to have a few drinks, talk about the day's adventure etc. Free wifi is also available, though you can only get a strong reception in the resto area. Staff are very attentive and seem to be around all the time.

All in all our Coron stay was hassle-free, and relaxing and Sunz en Coron also adds to that fact since the staff was willing to cater to your every need, even getting us a ride back to the airport. Loved our Coron trip and our stay here, will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaenyk
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Had stay in a family room for 3 nights on april 22 to 25,2012,aside from this hotel i had also stay in Gateway and Hilltop hotel in my earlier visit.For resort category in coron,Sunz En is considered good because it has a descent swimming pool in the middle where after island hopping you need to refresh yourself with fresh water also swimming at night is great,hotel is own by koreans with good pays to their staff but also very strict to its people,you can feel the servise although very good but the staff are very Tense.Rooms are very simple but clean,food is only average and not a bit fancy,the place is Cozy by night and well guarded,transfer to town proper is free.My suggestion is the hotel must allowed guest to buy their seafood and had it cooked at the restaurant by collecting cooking charge,one way to attract more customer to their restaurant and bring more revenue instead of guest eating outside the hotel.I will recommend first timer in Coron to stay in this hotel and also repeaters.Price is average yet acceptable.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen size bed for a group of 4 is bigger.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank johnwong65
Philippines
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We spent our pre-Holy Week vacation at Coron, Palawan (April 1-4, 2012) and we stayed at this lovely resort.. We are a group of 7.. First we fell in love with the place, it's so peaceful and very well designed because all their rooms are facing the pool.. Second we fell in love with the owner (Ms. Angela) and all of her staffs.. they're always smiling and always willing to help with all our needs.. The rooms are big and always clean.. they always change the bed sheets and every day the design of the towels are different.. though the rooms dont have cabinets they provide a rod where we can hang our clothes.. the breakfast was good enough but the food servings was in small portions though it tasted good.. I will definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family.. Thanks Ms. Angela for the warm hospitality..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Pahoa, Hawaii
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I loved this property. Wonderful, large room. New condition. Peaceful. Wonderful hosts. Safe.
My visit, however, was marred by a vicious bedbug attack on our first night. No doubt about it. Over 30 bites. I showed the owner my bites. She said it had never happened there before. I thought it was mosquitoes, but by the second day, the bites got worse, so I went to the clinic in Coron. They informed me they were bedbugs. The owners felt bad, but other than offering to move us to another room, would not admit responsibility. My intent is not to hurt the establishment; on the contrary, I loved the place. But we stayed our remaining prepaid night (I covered in bug repellent) and swam in the lovely pool all day. We noticed mattresses being changed in another room. Also saw another guest from another room with the same bites. 10 days later, my bites are just beginning to heal. I hope the property can solve this problem... I wish them success, and understand that these things can happen....but I felt it my duty to inform other tripadvisor readers.

Room Tip: Inspect your mattress.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple