“Pretty and peaceful”

Sunz En Coron Resort
Ranked #3 of 73 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights at their Standard room. The whole resort design was very cute, somewhat a setting you would imagine in a tropical/beach paradise. Coron was indeed a paradise but more about that someplace else. The resort was clean, staff was very friendly. The room design was pretty straightforward, there was a tv, clean toilet with hot and cold shower, airconditioning and a ceiling fan. Also there is a small area where you could hang your clothes at the end of the day, something they come up with since there wasn't any closet in the room. The room all in all was very simple, but it was good and comfy for both long or short stays. The only thing they should add in would be a refrigerator perhaps.

The resort offers a free tricycle ride to the town, so getting around isn't hard at all, anytime of the day. Getting back to the hotel is also an ease since every trike driver in town seems to know the place and don't need directions. I guess given it's a small town, it's no surprise. Food in the resto is affordable and pretty good. They have a big pool smack in the center of the resort and it's very pretty at night since it changes color. They have small huts to hang out in, nice little place to have a few drinks, talk about the day's adventure etc. Free wifi is also available, though you can only get a strong reception in the resto area. Staff are very attentive and seem to be around all the time.

All in all our Coron stay was hassle-free, and relaxing and Sunz en Coron also adds to that fact since the staff was willing to cater to your every need, even getting us a ride back to the airport. Loved our Coron trip and our stay here, will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaenyk

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Had stay in a family room for 3 nights on april 22 to 25,2012,aside from this hotel i had also stay in Gateway and Hilltop hotel in my earlier visit.For resort category in coron,Sunz En is considered good because it has a descent swimming pool in the middle where after island hopping you need to refresh yourself with fresh water also swimming at night is great,hotel is own by koreans with good pays to their staff but also very strict to its people,you can feel the servise although very good but the staff are very Tense.Rooms are very simple but clean,food is only average and not a bit fancy,the place is Cozy by night and well guarded,transfer to town proper is free.My suggestion is the hotel must allowed guest to buy their seafood and had it cooked at the restaurant by collecting cooking charge,one way to attract more customer to their restaurant and bring more revenue instead of guest eating outside the hotel.I will recommend first timer in Coron to stay in this hotel and also repeaters.Price is average yet acceptable.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen size bed for a group of 4 is bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank johnwong65
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We spent our pre-Holy Week vacation at Coron, Palawan (April 1-4, 2012) and we stayed at this lovely resort.. We are a group of 7.. First we fell in love with the place, it's so peaceful and very well designed because all their rooms are facing the pool.. Second we fell in love with the owner (Ms. Angela) and all of her staffs.. they're always smiling and always willing to help with all our needs.. The rooms are big and always clean.. they always change the bed sheets and every day the design of the towels are different.. though the rooms dont have cabinets they provide a rod where we can hang our clothes.. the breakfast was good enough but the food servings was in small portions though it tasted good.. I will definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family.. Thanks Ms. Angela for the warm hospitality..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I loved this property. Wonderful, large room. New condition. Peaceful. Wonderful hosts. Safe.
My visit, however, was marred by a vicious bedbug attack on our first night. No doubt about it. Over 30 bites. I showed the owner my bites. She said it had never happened there before. I thought it was mosquitoes, but by the second day, the bites got worse, so I went to the clinic in Coron. They informed me they were bedbugs. The owners felt bad, but other than offering to move us to another room, would not admit responsibility. My intent is not to hurt the establishment; on the contrary, I loved the place. But we stayed our remaining prepaid night (I covered in bug repellent) and swam in the lovely pool all day. We noticed mattresses being changed in another room. Also saw another guest from another room with the same bites. 10 days later, my bites are just beginning to heal. I hope the property can solve this problem... I wish them success, and understand that these things can happen....but I felt it my duty to inform other tripadvisor readers.

Room Tip: Inspect your mattress.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank banyannook
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My friends have been looking some place to stay in Coron and this places catches their attention. They made a call for a short inquiry and then decided to make a reservation right away. There are 5 of us and we need 4 rooms and since they are out of the country, I tried to make the booking for us and get more information. Angela (owner), is always there to answer all my queries and seems so very helpful, understanding and very accommodating to make our reservation confirmed easily. We only planned to stay in Coron for at least 3-4 nights but due to boat schedule that is bound to El Nido doesn't fit our plans, without murmuring, we continued to stay at this place until the 5/6 nights. Angela was working on her best to give us rooms since we have been extending our stay and without stress, she gave us the masters bed room for us to be accommodated and we are so grateful about it. Staffs are so attentive and very helpful, the facility is very neat, the room we had with my bf simply meets what we need, bathroom is a bit small but its OK and hot shower works extremely hot! ayayay! :D We love the excellent service! Will stay there again till our next visit. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

In mid February 2012 I accompanied my sweetheart to Sunz En in Coron. She had chosen this lovely hotel, and an excellent choice it was. We were happy with our stay and thought it was a good value. Sunz En was in a “country” type of setting, but not at all far from town or the port. The room accommodations were simple but clean and perfectly adequate for us, since most of the time one spends in Coron is used for Island hopping and touring the area. In addition to being secure, the layout of the resort is very “cozy”, with the rooms surrounding a lovely pool, and buttressing an open air restaurant with great food. All the environs within the facility are clean and well attended by the staff (including Angela, the owner) who were extremely friendly and helpful. Angela was ever-present and took great interest in the comfort and needs of the guests, including ourselves .My sweetheart and I have travelled extensively in the Phils and we both felt that we could enthusiastically recommend Sunz En to fellow tourists and adventurers who would enjoy visiting Coron.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Friends, if you're planing to go to Coron, stay in Sunz En Coron!

The place is so beautiful... peaceful... breezy... secured... clean... the food is so good... the staff are friendly and the owner (Ms. Angelica Kim) is so nice. She made sure that we had fun in our tours. She even gave us a bonus of upgrading us to their deluxe room without any additional charge!

Our stay in Sunz made our 10th wedding anniversary so memorable and special!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple