“5 Stars for Ambience 2 Stars for Food”

Kawayanan Grill Station
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kawayanan Grill is a Filipino-owned resto within Coron Town. It serves the best exotic local seafood dishes such as Grilled Kibao (local clams), Pitik Lobster, Bicol Express Octopus and Kinunot na Pague (Sting Ray). It also has a wide selection of delicious Filipino dishes such as Adobo, Kare-Kare and barbeques.
Sydney, Australia
“5 Stars for Ambience 2 Stars for Food”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We ordered the seafood platter. If you are on an island you can't go wrong on seafood,right? Not this time. The seafood was not fresh,the blue swimmer crab was tiny we did not bother eating it. The squid was tough. We also had sinigang hipon. The broth was salty and not tart enough. It must have been the cooks day off.
What was good? The beer was icy cold and the outdoor setting was lovely. You dine in your own nipa hut which was great. Minus for the mangy cats waiting for scraps. Overall not a great experience.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
“The ambience is great...and that is all there is to it.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

+ Ambience is great because of its very local feel.
- Food is so-so. We've ordered sinigang na hipon, grilled seafood platter and their version of dynamite.

+ Dynamite is ok.
- Sinigang na hipon is not really special. Tastes like instant mix was used. It may be my fault, I shouldve asked first if it is instant, because I expected them to have their own recipe.
- Seafood platter has squid, shellfish, crab...etc. they aren't fresh trust me! everything included in the platter seems like precooked and just reheated. We didnt even bother eating the shellfish because it smells funky.

• Visited March 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy yet expensive”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Food are way too expensive. And when they give the bill there is difference of 100 pesos more to their bill from my calculation. I don't usually count my bills but this time it made me do it because of its price. Fortunately, thank God I checked it before I pay because if I didn't which everybody does. They are adding a hundred pesos to your bill without even knowing where it is come from? I asked the waiter why there is a hundred more? He didn't answer me instead he said he will ask the cashier and the cashier didn't explain neither. So I just thought that they are taking advantage of some customers. I advice you travellers to take extra careful.

Visited October 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Nothing Spectacular”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nothing spectacular! That's the first phrase that came to our mind during our dining experience on our visit in Coron. We ordered a platter (forgot the exact name) with a bivalve shellfish, squid, prawns, crab and sea grape salad. The squid is badly burnt, and the shellfish were not even fresh. We also tried their crocodile sisig and the egg-topping which was supposed to thicken the sisig was cooked to perfection (if your order is sunny-side up egg, of course). Their service staff are very friendly though....

• Visited March 2014
Luzon, Philippines
“Best Food on the Island”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Found this place on day 3 of our 8 day stay and ate here every night thereafter. The sizzling squid was fantastic as were the cheese stuffed chili peppers. Very comfortable outdoor seating with a great atmosphere. Would have given this place 5 stars had it not been for some pretty consistent lack of effort by the wait staff. One waitress in particular kept messing up our orders due to her lack of English comprehension. She always had to ask another waitress over to help take our order. Always had to flag down waitresses for drink refills. This was the only negative. Oh! And they are open til midnight.

• Visited February 2014