“Not worth the price”

Kawayanan Grill Station
Ranked #19 of 65 Restaurants in Coron
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kawayanan Grill is a Filipino-owned resto within Coron Town. It serves the best exotic local seafood dishes such as Grilled Kibao (local clams), Pitik Lobster, Bicol Express Octopus and Kinunot na Pague (Sting Ray). It also has a wide selection of delicious Filipino dishes such as Adobo, Kare-Kare and barbeques.
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I ordered Grilled Liempo with rice and coke. I think the food was expensive when I looked at the menu. But since the place was recommended by my guide, I decided to try it. The Grilled Liempo wasn't good at all. The service was not remarkable either. I will give this place another chance the next time I get to Coron but I will never recommend it to my friends.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank thenorthshore

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Quezon City
“Perfect Meeting Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

It was my first time to visit the new location of this restaurant. The new place seems bigger as it has both outdoor and indoor dining options for guests. It still has its individual dining huts, but inside, it added function rooms. The menu also got upgraded. Must try are the crocodile sisig and chilli peppers with cheese. One of the best eating places in Coron!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank joelbizdevco
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Nice ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

In terms of ambience, this is probably the best one you'll get in Coron (native decor). The first time we tried it in Dec 2011, food was okay, but in our recent visit (july 2013), we were quite disappointed with the service and food portions. For a really good meal, try Macario's Grill. We tried it a couple of times and were not disappointed. The place doesn't compare to Kawayanan in terms of ambience, but hey, it's the taste, size of the portions, and the cost that matters, right?

Visited July 2013
“The only thing commendable in this place is its interior design.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Last night, me and my friends went to have dinner at Kawayanan Grill for we have heard some good things about the place. Unfortunately, those good things did not materialize. We were told that our food will be delivered in 15 minutes but it took them a good 20 minutes to deliver the first order - calamari. It took them 10 more minutes to deliver our next appetizer and 15 more minutes to deliver the rest of the food we ordered. The ceviche we ordered was undercooked. The fish was cut in huge portions so the middle part was still bloody. Their sizzling pork sisig on the other hand was overcooked. Their Kawayanan platter (seafood platter) a small crab, one seashell, a small portion of squid and two small cuts of grilled fish with a huge serving of some seaweed in the middle. None of which was remarkable. The only thing worth remembering in Kawayanan Grill is there Chili Cheese Stick and their interior design. Other than that, this restaurant is nothing but an overpriced, overrated, facade.

• Visited August 2013
Luzon, Philippines
“Needs renovation and cleaning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i tried this as ive seen my fb friends gone here.. At first the chubby guy was so accomodating but after a while, the service became slow.. The food are just average.. Nothing to get excited about.. A lot of mosquitoes at the cabanas, though they have ac room but im happy we did not go there coz the electricity went off around 730pm, and we noticed that the generator only lit up the cabanas outside while the ac rooms only have candles.. The lamp on top of their dining table is so dirty.. With webs and insects that can drop into your food while you eat.. Also there's cockroaches that crawls under the table.. My husband had to chase one and kill it so it wont crawl on us while we eat.. It really needs more improvement with cleanliness.. The food was not so good.. I tried their bicol express octopus and it was nothing special, the kibao shells was ok but one of them was empty.. The chubby guy did replace it with another one..
Also a little slow in service.. We had to wait 5 mins for an extra rice =)
Overall, you can do away with eating here on your visit.. Try santino and la sirenetta.. They are way better..

• Visited August 2013