“walking distance from our inn”

Kawayanan Grill Station
Ranked #19 of 73 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kawayanan Grill is a Filipino-owned resto within Coron Town. It serves the best exotic local seafood dishes such as Grilled Kibao (local clams), Pitik Lobster, Bicol Express Octopus and Kinunot na Pague (Sting Ray). It also has a wide selection of delicious Filipino dishes such as Adobo, Kare-Kare and barbeques.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

it's just a stones' throw away from our inn. the place is filled with diners at night. we waited patiently in their souvenir shop before the waiter escorted us to our table. i suggest you come early before your actual dinner time. i'm not aware if they allow reservations.

the food is great and they have varieties in their menu. i can't forget their crabs. i love how the way they've cooked it.

the problem is their washroom. no tissue, no water from the faucet. i just thought that maybe i'm in the rural part of my country that things like these happen.

also, there were lots of flies. we have to shoo them all the time. i think my personal relationship with my crab (my order) gone sour because of them.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

When we asked the staff at our hotel, where is the best place to eat, he suggested Kawayanan. So that night we went and dine at Kawayanan. We ordered the seafood platter, lobster, crocodile sisig and sizzling kangkong. I love the sizzling kangkong and crocodile sisig. the seafood platter and lobster was just average. By the end of the night we were so full! the staff are friendly and helpful. The mood of the place was nice, had to ask for a fan because the place was open, there were mosquitoes biting me. Despite that, had a great time! :)

1  Thank YaneSam
Reviewed April 29, 2013

P120 for a 1.5L Coke. P500 per order of 1/4 kilo of small shrimps. Taste nothing special. Not going back.

2  Thank Gian L
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went here with my wife last Friday on the recommendation of the receptionist at our hotel. the place had a good ambiance. Nipa hut tables and kawayan accents created a very homey atmosphere. We ordered a seafood platter and crocodile sisig for dinner and it was the worst meal we had our entire stay. The seafood was very overcooked. The crocodile sisig was nothing special as well. To top it off, this was the most expensive meal we paid for in our entire trip.

I woud not recommend this restaurant. There are better options in Coron.

1  Thank Charles Y
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food is good for at least 2 persons, typical Filipino menu and taste and the ambiance is fine. Service is quite slow. Don't forget to put mosquito repellant lotion if you will be going there during the night.

1  Thank mricafrente