“The place was nice, but getting there was horrible”

Maquinit Hot Spring
Ranked #14 of 51 things to do in Coron
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The hot springs had a good view of the sea and the mangroves. However, the road going there is not yet paved, and since it rained before we got there, the tricycle had a hard time driving through the mud.

All reviews
"per head"
"be careful"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Maquinit Hot Springs should be done at the end of every day tour around Coron. The owners, however, should improve the facilities and add more stuff to buy in their store.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The place is not well maintained because there are moss/algae everywhere, Even inside the pool.
The temperature is relaxing but I can't bare the moss around me... I felt itchy when I dipped my feet in the pool so I decided not to stay in the water...
I think the local government should be aware that this needs to improved if they want tourists to enjoy the hot spring...

1  Thank Shayne F
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Idea of a salt water hotsprings in the Philippines piqued my interest. I guess it was a pretty nice place but it was rather poorly lit when we went at night. I heard from our guide that before there was no light at all so I guess they're trying to improve it and may it more tourist friendly. Has a lot of potential but needs a bit more investment. I find that the usual coron town tour is a great combo with a nice hike up Mt. Tapyas and a relaxing dip at the hotspring after.

1  Thank ryuready
See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2012

After diving or snorkelling you shoudl try this place. It can get crowded in the evening so if you want more quiet time go earlier. The water is crystal clear and hot and it feels really good if you've been bitten by the mosquitoes! Well worth it.

Tricycle drivers charge between 300 to 400 pesos depending on factors I haven't worked out. But if there is just two of you my advice would be to rent a moped because then you're not time limited and you could stay for ages if the mood took you.

2  Thank Simon J