“They made me feel like family!!”

Zuric Pension House
Ranked #22 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Jackson, Wyoming
“They made me feel like family!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We loved Ralphs Pension House! My husband and I stayed there in April and was impressed with how friendly the owners and all the staff was. They had arranged a van to get us at the airport, which was waiting for us when we landed and drove us right to the hotel. The room was very clean with a great view over the city onto the beautiful ocean. We had breakfast on the dining rooftop, which was cooled by the great breeze in Coron. I couldn't ask for a better stay. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to feel like family and get to know the real Coron! I wish them success!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed May 2, 2010

My high school classmates and I went to Coron Palawan [13 all ] last April 17 to 19.We stayed in Ralphpension haus.We did the right choice coz we really enjoyed our staying there.They were gracious host,service was perfect,we didn't waste time at all ,everything was organized so our vacation was really spent leisurely.How we wished we could stay longer but we have to go back to our respective post in Manila.

• Stayed April 2010
Tawi tawi
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Coron is one of the best paradise in the country and the best place to stay in Coron is Ralph's Pension House. It has good facilities, house warming atmosphere, and the staff is very hospitable.

Ralph's Pension House is an easy access going to the port area and the restaurants around the town. It's only a 30-40 minute ride from the Busuanga Airport.

I can't wait to go back to CORON and stay at Ralph's Pension House again for the 3rd time and hoping to stay there every time I visit Coron.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
san mateo
Reviewed April 29, 2010

if you want to have a great time in your vacation i guess this place must be no.1 on your list!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 28, 2010

coron is a relatively new tourist destination, there is not much high end places to stay in town except for inns and pension houses. i was also aware of the water shortage in the area so i guess my expectations was not too high when i got in. a year ago when i was here, it was a struggle for mobile phone signal and wifi access is close to none.

i was there for business and had a tight timeframe. i requested my guide to make sure i am at a place where there is internet and i will not be bothered by anything close to stressful as i am here on a deadline.

coming up the narrow staircase was like opening a present.. it unfolded into a homey pension that even has a rooftop where you can eat, watch the stars.. see the moon.. quite lovely. we were also lucky to get a room in this floor which had three beds but we were charged only for two.

the owner also made it his priority that we are comfortable and even helped me with my work requirements in the island without much fuss.

they do not have a restaurant but you can request ahead of time if you want to eat there and be ready for a huge meal, freshly cooked and cheap too.

the pension is also close to everything especially the banks and the port where you go for island hopping.

but for me, the real treat is the wifi.. and those convenient nooks and benches where you can relax and work at the same time.

they also allow guests to bring in drinks and food from outside if you just want to hang at the rooftop and enjoy the view.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Imus, Philippines
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Ralph's is the family home of the owner which they converted into a lodging house. It was a little hard to bring up our luggage up the hotel because of the small spiral staircase. Facilities are of average level, the place was clean and it provided the basic needs. Free coffee and water are provided for guests. Towels are changed every other day.

Here are the several inconveniences which we experienced in our stay. They claim to have wi-fi access but it never worked in our four-day stay. The owner also claims that they have hot water in the bathroom but that never worked too. Water from the shower head is sufficient so you have to resort to using a pail and dipper which you have to request for. I was just annoyed that the maintenance personnel kept on asking for the pail and the dipper back since they need to use it. The curtains also kept on falling because the curtain rods are not secure. One curtain rod even fell on my aunt's head at one point.

The upside is that it is walking-distance from the market and the boat port. The staff are very pleasant too. I would stay in this hotel again only if I needed to but would find other options.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
screeny1
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I never thought such place can exist, especially after knowing the Philippino hospitality. When you first arrive you notice the high price, but everything (especially the promises) looks excellent,. Only later - after you check in - things turn really bad, and I was not alone with such a story (I learned that the same happened to an other guy shortly before my arrival). before and upon check-in I was promised things like breakfast , cleanness, availability of the room during my stay, working Internet, but then all of these suddenly disappeared (no breakfast, undergoing construction, noisy neighbors, interruption of the Internet, no other room, and then canceled reservation despite our agreement), together with the kindness of the owner. When I complained and wanted to check-out he insisted on the full payment of the night I have not spent there and he became furious. He threatened me physically (wanted to withhold my luggage and pushed me around) and I had to call the police to put an end to the story.
Unless you are looking for these kinds of things (for example a fist fight that you can not win against 4 other guys), avoid the place. Fortunately there are other alternatives around and are much less pricey (where I pad for what I got).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank screeny1
ralphspensionhouse, owner at Zuric Pension House, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
This is in reaction to the negative blog against us. For a background, let me just state that we, the owners are legitimate businessmen having been in business here in Coron, Palawan, my native place, for close to 2 decades now and we are professionals ourselves being both college graduates and have worked for long years either in corporations in Mla. or abroad.
I am stating these facts to let people know we are not what that blog pictures us to be. Modesty aside, we have a name in the community and it pains me so much that such an exaggerated blog came out against us.

To put the record straight, it was just a plain misunderstanding and miscommunication between us and the guests, a foreigner and his girlfriend, a Filipina, who I suspect he just met at El Nido. It was blown -out of proportion. They refused to pay another day of stay even if it was already past check-out time. They even summoned the police as the girl was bragging that she knows this and that Chief of Police and that she has an uncle who is a fiscal and that they were in a similar situation in El Nido but they were not forced to pay! To cut the story short, it was not about the money involved which is a measly sum of P1,200.00. As I've said earlier, we are businessmen and the lodge is just one of our businesses. We have a hardware store at the ground floor of our edifice aside from the other income-generating activities we get into from time to time.

Those who have stayed with us would speak for themselves how we deal with them and what our lodge is. Should you readers still want to know more about us, you have the liberty to verify the truth from the Coron Chief of Police because it was him who reprimanded those guests that they should pay us otherwise we have the right to file a complaint in which instance, the foreigner guy right away pulled-out the P1,200 from his pocket. Incidentally, may I mention here that it was them who summoned the police as what the girl had been threatening us to do and yet in the end, it was them that the Police found wrong. I have a written long reply detailing everything that happened.
For any interested parties who would like to read it in full, you may get in touch with me at my email ad ralphs_pensionhouse@yahoo.com and I will be more than willing to provide it to you.

Travelers are raving about these Coron hotels