I stayed in Ralph's Pensionhouse from January 15th to 19th,2013.Here is a summary of the good and bad experiences that I had.To be fair,let me highlight the good points first.
1. Staff very accommodating-pensionhouse staff,tour guide,boater
2. Quite generous about the portions of food served
3. Good location,5-minute walk to the pier and other hotels and pensionhouses
4. Rooms and floors are clean,and they provide unlimited coffee and drinking water.
1. Walls of rooms with stains-so if u guys claim that your pensionhouse exudes the ambiance of a hotel and the comfort of a home,I totally disagree coz I stayed there for 5days
2. Clogged toilet,which happened twice.i give credit to the staff though coz she was embarrassed when I brought up the issue.i hope the owner,jun,is aware of this before you guys claim that your business offer comfort. You know how it feels when you are spending holidays with your girlfriend,then this happens...how embarrassing
3. Clogged basin-very embarrassing as well.we cannot even brush our teeth properly...
4. Impatient,rude,impolite owner(jun) with poor communication skills-lacking email etiquette
What were the bad experiences with the owner (jun)?
1. Owner doesn't know how to write professional and polite email letters.before he received my deposit sent to him,he was quite polite and patient.but after they received the initial deposit,he was impatient in answering queries.one instance,was when I was asking if they will be issuing an email receipt of my deposit,he answered by saying-"since inception of our pensionhouse,we never issue receipt.i think this email reply is enough proof of receipt already"-which I think is very rude,arrogant,and impatient reply.
2. Owner doesn't deliver what he promised-two days before arriving coron,he told us that the van driver from Busuanga airport will be carrying a white board bearing my full name.upon arrival,I had to look at each van coz the driver was not carrying any white board.i have to ask him if he was going to the pensionhouse.this Is totally a bad experience for the guest.i even thought that I alighted at the wrong airport.
3. Owner got poor comprehension skills-I told him twice thru email,which he acknowledged,that my girlfriend and I are arriving on the 15th and would like to start our city tour on the 15th.upon arrival at the pensionhouse,the wife of the owner is even arguing with us that we are booked on the 16th,and our itinerary starts on the 16th,not on the 15th.they did not even apologize and this jun never talked to me about it,he just sat in front of his computer,answering email letters from prospect guests.i felt like I was just another customer. because of this,we had to rent one of their rooms for a day,and spend on expensive foods on one day.good thing I got enough pocket money.
4. My girlfriend requested one of the staff that dinner be served at 8pm,because she is still full.right after that,jun intervened and insisted that we eat dinner at 7pm coz his staff is taking off.
5. Owner doesn't make guests feel welcome.he doesn't smile,and he doesn't greet guests,who provide him livelihood.whats worst is he speaks in a stern and high pitch tone,which is provoking and irritating.he appears arrogant,and this observation comes from a person who has been working in the hospitality industry for more than 5years.i am not a hard-to-please- person,I just feel its unfair to receive such rude treatment when you know urself as someone who is patient,polite,and professional when handling guests.
6. There is brownout (lack of electric power) in the town of coron almost everyday. The pensionhouse only turns on their generator at night.consequently,u get no fan,no t.v.,no aircon,no water supply during the day.
I totally don't recommend this pensionhouse to other people.i should have listened to the negative comments before.when you arrive at coron town,there are lots of hotels,inns,lodges,and pensionhouses which are just surrounding Ralph's pensionhouse.be smart,and I want you guys to enjoy your vacation in coron.
4 months from now,I will be going to coron again with my parents and brothers.this time,I will make it sure that I book with other hotel or pensionhouse.
- Also Known As:
- Ralph`s Pension House Coron Hotel Coron
- Zuric Pension House Coron, Palawan Island