“a home for a vacation”

Ranked #21 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Quezon City
“a home for a vacation”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My friends and I went here last july. The owner, Kuya jun, was very accomodating, welcoming us with his warm greetings and introducing us to rich history of Coron. All food and itineraries were set to us. Our room was more than big enough for our group and provided us the privacy that we want. It just took time for some of the meals to be served on time, probably because the place was fully booked when we were there but the food were great and overflowing. I will definitely recommend it for a place to stay in Coron.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Grace P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here more than a year ago. It was still number 1 (or 2) and i'm glad to see that the ranking for this place is going down. I feel I was deceived into thinking that this was a good place to stay. It wasn't terrible but it definitely wasnt great either. I cant imagine why anyone would rate this place as a 4 or 5. I guess the reason why people give this place good reviews is because the owner would text the guests and would ask to give them a good review. Well, sorry but I do not think your pension house deserves a good review. The rooms were too small and full of ants. The food wasnt great (although the crab was really fresh). I'm sure there are other accommodations better than this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ChaMarco

Travelers are raving about these Coron hotels

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night. The rooms did not fit more than a bed. The bathrooms were moldy and in a terrible condition. In the toilet there were traces of the prerenters and the smell made you feel like you were sleeping in a rotten dungeon. And this for a rate of 1000phil pesos. Additional the owner supllied us with wrong information. never again!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank imthettraveller
Manila
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We discovered Ralph's Pension House when we are strolling in the town. We were amazed when we saw the rainy day promo and the other perks that they have and to our curiousness we went inside the Pension House to inquire about the details of the promo and the owner itself, Tito Jun and staff welcomed us. They were very friendly and accomodating and that's why my friends and I were convinced to transfer because it was a lot way better than the one, unfortunately the owner of the lodge that we first stayed did not allowed us to refund our payment so we stayed there for a night.. In the morning, we headed to the Pension House and we were served welcome drinks for our first stay... The place was so nice and the room was so cozy. They even offered us the Penthouse, the room was very spacious for the three of us.. They took care of our needs during our stay and they offered a lot of choices especially that we are budget conscious. We felt so comfortable and Tito Jun has a lot of humor, we enjoyed his company. The place was in the middle of the town so the restaurant, market, stores,etc. is just nearby so it saved us a lot a money especially for the tricycle fares. We enjoyed the unli coffee and water and the breakfast they served was great. Our stay in Coron was very unforgettable and we will refer this one to our friends and family who want to visit Coron. Thank you very much and God Bless Ralph's Pension House - Jo-Anne, Lycel and Allen =)

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
antipolo
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had a last minute reservation for our hotel accommodation last week and I'm so glad to have speak with Kuya Jun, owner of Ralphs Pension House. At first, I was just inquiring about the rate, but kuya Jun, the owner, is so accommodating and friendly as if we already known each other which makes me decide to reserve a room for us and cancel our reservation in Mt. Tapyas Hotel.
I have read some reviews about the pension house, but we are willing to take the risk..anyway, we can transfer anytime if we're not comfortable with the room and service but as we arrived in the pension house, all the negative reviews that i read makes me realized that you really have to witnessed something in person before you judge. The house is so clean, our room is small but we love the bed because its so big and comfortable.The owner, Kuya Jun, ate Doll and the staff were so friendly and hospitable. They even gave us a surprise anniversary treat with matching greeting card and a yummy cake..really, our stay in Coron is one of the best tour we ever had. Im so thankful that i met kuya Jun, we will definitely go back in Ralphs Pension House..nothing compare with the service and the friendship that you will gain in staying in this hotel. I already recommend this to my friends who love to travel and stay in a very affordable but comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: for couples, its best to stay in room near the garden..really love the ambiance.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rubenzon
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booking: relatively painless; however, i was definitely a bit skeptic booking from overseas especially because they required 50% downpayment/reservation fee and all we get was an email confirmation from dolly/jun versus an official receipt; communication was petty seamless as well, and dolly/jun seemed very accommodating as we were negotiating the price/accommodation

Arrival at the airport: our van was waiting for us upon our arrival; although we had to wait for a few more passengers, we had no complaints as this was expected of shuttle services

Hotel check-in: the hosts made us wait in the "lobby" area with a glass of orange juice until our rooms were ready

Room: super small/tight, but that would have been okay if everything else was great, but NO. Walls had stains, covers and blankets ha stains, towels had stains in addition to being wet/moist, and they're supposed to be "new" and "clean" :( the bathroom was a bit tight, which would have been okay, too, if the shower and water heater worked and if the busted light was replaced. But, no :(

Excursions: we managed to book two day-trips--1) kayangan lake, banol beach, twin lagoon, twin peaks,  and siyete pecados and 2) malcapuya beach, banana islands and bulog dos

Absolutely appreciated our bankeros! They were so nice to us. Kuya Gilbert and the other Kuya were very patient with our questions and did very well as tour guides. We had them for both days, and I think we would have been just as fine with them two without the additional tour guide they added to our trip. He talked too much, in my opinion. Day one was pretty good, but we had to skip twin lagoon because of the weather. Day two was also good if not for the choppy waves. I was surprised jun/dolly allowed us to set sail given the weather conditions, but we trusted them enough to go with it. All I knew was that our bangkeros would keep us safe.

What frustrated me the most was not getting a refund for the bulog dos entrance, which we skipped due to weather conditions. Everybody knows that entrance fees were only collected if we set foot on the island, so you can only guess where our 200php went. It's really not about the price, but it's all about treating your clients right and fairly.

Massage: on our last night, we wanted to relax and unwind, so upon their recommendation, we opted for the in-house massage service. Bad idea! Our masseuse never came. We would have been better off going next door!

Location of the pension house was good overall--close to mount tapyas, to the market and to the bangkas; the food was okay except on the first day when I couldn't recognize what we were served; their "supervisor" was mostly the one who kept us feel welcomed throughout our stay. Dolly/jun were only good to us while we were making our reservations via email. As soon as we got there, they could not have cared less. They would not even face us as we expressed our concerns about the room, the bathroom, the excursion, the massage, etc.

If you have a choice, shop around before booking with Ralph's pension house and go where you'll get your money's worth.

• Stayed December 2011
7 Thank whynotchocnut
makati
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE COMMENT made by Lorna and other guests who had stayed in Ralph's house. I can attest to this because we also had a bad experience when we stayed there - dirty and smelly bed linens, small and dirty rooms, no welcome drinks, no available coffee. The only good thing about this place is their location - NOTHING MORE!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends